HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers, Feb 4th, 5:00pm

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
sansan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
the only person on this team that i wouldn't trade is pitkanen
You'd trade Forsberg?!?!?!?

Old
02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
Better effort by the guys tonite I think. I'm actually happy that they were able to score some goals and stay in it with their depleted lineup. If they could play every period like they played the third, they'd be in much better shape.
sucked

Old
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
You'd trade Forsberg?!?!?!?
for the right offer yes

yes i would

Old
02-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
ugh,thanks guys,I really needed some cheering up,and that didn't work!!!!!

Old
02-04-2006, 07:41 PM
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin07
now im glad carter shoots so much a heavy shot will leak through
Good keep in on the blue line and pass by Jones.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Dude, enough! Seriously. He didn't do it to Prucha on purpose(I'm a Rangers fan) it was just really bad luck. Your just going to get yourself banned.

Oh, and everyone heard it the first you posted it, no need to post it twice.
And that would be a bad thing?

Old
02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
Am i the only one thats pissed off over that ot goal. Esche anticipated it perfectly was there to make the save and then he slides all goofy and lets it go through 5 hole. Thats terrible. If he squared himself and slid properly that would have been kicked out with ease.

What seemed like such a comfortable lead a couple weeks ago is now gone along with 1st place. They better start playing!

Old
02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
RoDu

So, does it look like Hitchcock's style has adapted to the new NHL, we have not really dominated anyone this season.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Quote:
Originally Posted by budscweizer16
Am i the only one thats pissed off over that ot goal. Esche anticipated it perfectly was there to make the save and then he slides all goofy and lets it go through 5 hole. Thats terrible. If he squared himself and slid properly that would have been kicked out with ease.

What seemed like such a comfortable lead a couple weeks ago is now gone along with 1st place. They better start playing!
No way,I'm beyond pissed.

I'm just waiting for the right time to go on an explictive(sp?) rant. heh.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
sansan

Horrible goal let in by Esche. He didn't let in a softie yet so you knew he was due for one. Spoiling what was a better (better being a relative term) effort by the team.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

shhhh......what's that sound I hear? It sounds like a team choking. Give it up to the Philadelphia Flyers for choking, yet again. It's time to get rid of Esche. He's cost us too many games this year with his poor Dominik Hasek impressions. It's time for Niitty to show what he's worth and let him run with the ball. If guys like Brodeur and Belfour can play 60+ games a year, there's no reason why Niitty can't.

This team is the most heartless team I've ever seen and they can't deal with any sort of adversity. Hatcher has been made the captain of this team and it's time for him to start leading. Just a sorry pathetic group of individuals right now and no one should be commended for their great play. Until someone decides to step up and be the goto guy, they're just going to sit and spin their wheels. So much for building on that great 11 road game stretch eh..........

Old
02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
So, does it look like Hitchcock's style has adapted to the new NHL, we have not really dominated anyone this season.
Careful. Mikedifr and Jester will be all over you for dissing Hitch.......

Old
02-04-2006, 07:55 PM
SML

You guys played a great game and the refs giftwrapped that one for us. The only thing I can't figure out is why every time I check out your board you guys want to run Brashear out of town, and every time he plays the Rangers he plays like Todd Bertuzzi. He hits everything in sight, crashes the net like a bull on steroids, and generally causes mayhem every shift. Are the Rangers the only team he gets "up" like this for? Because he looks like a pretty damn good hockey player the few times I've seen him this year.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
You guys played a great game and the refs giftwrapped that one for us. The only thing I can't figure out is why every time I check out your board you guys want to run Brashear out of town, and every time he plays the Rangers he plays like Todd Bertuzzi. He hits everything in sight, crashes the net like a bull on steroids, and generally causes mayhem every shift. Are the Rangers the only team he gets "up" like this for? Because he looks like a pretty damn good hockey player the few times I've seen him this year.
Haha, that's exactly how I feel about Brash right now. If every game was against the Rangers I don't think anyone would be on him, he's played great against your team.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
How did the refs giftwrap this one for us? The penalty at the end of regulation was legit. Good game by Philly (especially considering the injuries), but I don't see how the game was giftwrapped to us by the refs.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML

Want him? I would literally take a few hundred roles of tape at this point.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:04 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
every other game he is terrible

you could slap four skates on a horse, duct tape a stick to its *** and it would be better

Old
02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
shhhh......what's that sound I hear? It sounds like a team choking. Give it up to the Philadelphia Flyers for choking, yet again. It's time to get rid of Esche. He's cost us too many games this year with his poor Dominik Hasek impressions. It's time for Niitty to show what he's worth and let him run with the ball. If guys like Brodeur and Belfour can play 60+ games a year, there's no reason why Niitty can't.

This team is the most heartless team I've ever seen and they can't deal with any sort of adversity. Hatcher has been made the captain of this team and it's time for him to start leading. Just a sorry pathetic group of individuals right now and no one should be commended for their great play. Until someone decides to step up and be the goto guy, they're just going to sit and spin their wheels. So much for building on that great 11 road game stretch eh..........
Wow, this trumps anything, I, or any Rangers fan has said. The Flyers are dropping like flies, yet they come back to take the lead 3-2 and yet they have no heart? The 3rd Rangers goal, if it was indeed scored by Sykora then it had to go off his body and that's a fluke and has nothing to do with heart. Jagr scored a nice goal on a 4 on 3 PP, Jagr is now tied in the league in goals and is #1 in points, how was that no heart?

Old
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie
doesnt he make like 1.2 million?
even better
brash makes 1.7 and change
it is fantastic, well spent money

Old
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

Quote:
every other game he is terrible

you could slap four skates on a horse, duct tape a stick to its *** and it would be better
Oh yeah, make wild, stupid statements.

Firstly, the horse would probably slide everywhere and you'd probably have to bolt the skates to it's shoes.
No, I think we should use a cow, sturdier legs
Plus, what with the swinging udders, that five hole goal would never have gone through.

Logic people!

Old
02-04-2006, 08:16 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zebra
Oh yeah, make wild, stupid statements.

Firstly, the horse would probably slide everywhere and you'd probably have to bolt the skates to it's shoes.
No, I think we should use a cow, sturdier legs
Plus, what with the swinging udders, that five hole goal would never have gone through.

Logic people!
no no my friend the horse comment was about being better than brashear

but damn, i like where your going with the cow thing

utters..., 5 hole, sweet. esche is done!

Old
02-04-2006, 08:16 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Wow, this trumps anything, I, or any Rangers fan has said. The Flyers are dropping like flies, yet they come back to take the lead 3-2 and yet they have no heart? The 3rd Rangers goal, if it was indeed scored by Sykora then it had to go off his body and that's a fluke and has nothing to do with heart. Jagr scored a nice goal on a 4 on 3 PP, Jagr is now tied in the league in goals and is #1 in points, how was that no heart?
What was the final result of the game? A Flyers loss. That's all what matters. Say what you want about the team is dropping like flies and taking a 3-2 lead, but the fact of the matter is that this team can't protect a lead and whenever another team exerts any sort of pressure on this team, they fall apart like a house of cards. Hey, I'm a Flyers fan through and through, but I'm not afraid to call it like it is. Any other team that has injuries usually finds a way to work through it. This team just uses that excuse to fall apart. Nobody on this Flyers team is ever held accountable and that's what bugs me most. You'd think somebody would step up and be the leader this team so desperately lacks, but nobody is willing to do that.

I hoped that Gagne would step it up and be the leader that this team needs. This is supposed to be his team, but he seems to be content to float sometimes. It's clear that this team could use someone who wants to be a leader. Someone who will say that the team can hop on his back and he'll bring them along.

I applaud the fact that they took a 3-2 lead, but they lost. They gave up the lead the moment the Rangers exerted a little bit of pressure on them.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
sansan

Anyone really impressed with Richards tonite? He made some great passes. I know it's been beat to death, but it's such a waste putting him with Brashear. Imagine what he could do with better linemates.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
How did the refs giftwrap this one for us? The penalty at the end of regulation was legit. Good game by Philly (especially considering the injuries), but I don't see how the game was giftwrapped to us by the refs.
Look, I didn't come over to the Flyers board to argue with another Ranger fan about things. If the call were against the Rangers and the Flyers scored, there would be a list of posters as long as my arm crying about it, and your name would probably be on it. I was giving the Flyers their due, and that call could just as easily not have been made and in the past wouldn't have been called.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:20 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

Quote:
no no my friend the horse comment was about being better than brashear

but damn, i like where your going with the cow thing

utters..., 5 hole, sweet. esche is done!

I'd replace Brashear with a Swan.
Now THOSE ****ers can fight.

Closed Thread