HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any point in watching this trash anymore?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Perreault94

vCash: 500
Is there any point in watching this trash anymore?

I am beginning to question myself why I am constantly wasteing my time watching this team play. All I ever do when I watch the games is get frustrated with the team's lousy work ethic and brutal offence and defence. It just isn't enjoyable to watch. Not one single little bit. It is disgusting. Are there any good reasons why I should continue watching this team for the remaining 30 or so games?

Old
02-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Yeah, if you find something else to do that will be a good reason....

Old
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreault94
I am beginning to question myself why I am constantly wasteing my time watching this team play. All I ever do when I watch the games is get frustrated with the team's lousy work ethic and brutal offence and defence. It just isn't enjoyable to watch. Not one single little bit. It is disgusting. Are there any good reasons why I should continue watching this team for the remaining 30 or so games?

ummm because we are fans and or masochists?

Old
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
AH

So it's come to this...people complaining about their own actions, as opposed to Gainey's inactivity, Theodore's actions, Kovalev's, etc ...

Old
02-03-2006, 02:18 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I wish I could care about your problems.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

sXe's reply made me laugh out loud.

We're such a morose, moody bunch when the team slumps

Old
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Gump_Wamsley

Quote:
You watch because you are a fan. PLease....plain and simple. We go from no hockey last year to asking why we should bother watching the rest of this year? Is there any happy medium? We're probably not gonna win the cup, or make the playoffs, or whatever.

You watch because you're a fan.

Nuff said....

Old
02-03-2006, 02:24 PM
AD

We've had a very "introspective" filled day at the boards today..

Klaudius and Perrault should get together and discuss this situation.

I have nothing negative to say about this.. i understand that your pain has gone to such a point that you can't bring yourself to watch anymore. I just hope that I can go on a little longer and weather this storm, but I too might find it too difficult to watch..

its a sad day in Habland people...

Old
02-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Habsaku

I have a better question, why are you posting on this board if the team doesnt interest you? Quit it all together.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:29 PM
JV

Do what I do: when the Habs get down by a goal or two, just dry fire a handgun in your mouth in front of your kids, just to let them know daddy takes this seriously.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Perreault94

I wouldn't call the group of player we have now, a "team"

Maybe when Gainey gets off his *** and does something, we may have a group of players worthy of the name "team"

Old
02-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I've lost all hope here for the playoffs, especially after the lost yesterday. I'll keep on watching because above all I'm an habs fan but I'm pretty desperate since Gainey has done nothing since November to help the situation.

I have no problem in losing but I have problem with players on the ice showing no effort and not contributing. Heck I wouldn't mind losing if Gainey would clear the team of some players for picks and we'd play the youngsters until season's end. I'm just sick whenever I see players like Zednik, Bonk, Souray etc.. on the ice.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Perreault94

Sorry about another negative thread, but I just needed to let this out.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
AD

Quote:
Sorry about another negative thread, but I just needed to let this out.
No problem... I consider the board as one means of group therapy.

Malakhov is right, its not the losing, its the lack of effort...

if we had a terrible record but had a group of players that were giving there all every night (see Washington), I'd be more inclined to watch every game. But these days, I've been a bit blah..

That doesn't make us any less of Habs fans...

Go Habs Go..

Old
02-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Do what I do: when the Habs get down by a goal or two, just dry fire a handgun in your mouth in front of your kids, just to let them know daddy takes this seriously.
Wuss. Put a bullet in there and play Russian Roulette every time there's a goal against. If you end up dying I promise it won't be in vain. We'll make t-shirts with your face on it. You'll be a martyr for the cause.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:47 PM
badrobot101

You Habs fans think you got problems?

Try being a Leafs fan for 15 minutes. They haven't even won a cup in my lifespan, and the odds of them doing so aren't great.

If the Leafs ever win it, I imagine we'll trash our own homes, make love in the streets, form a massive conga line up Yonge Street.

Next time the Habs win it all (anticipated date: 2009-10 season, led by captain Mike Komisarek), you'll have a nice riot for which the cops will forget to show up. Just another championship to throw on the pile.

Personally, I think the Habs are on the right track and are drafting and developing (slowly) a very good team for the future. Have a little faith in ze Gainey, and have a nice day y'all.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Wuss. Put a bullet in there and play Russian Roulette every time there's a goal against. If you end up dying I promise it won't be in vain. We'll make t-shirts with your face on it. You'll be a martyr for the cause.
Statisticaly speaking, with Theo in the goals the last few games, its not so much a "chance" as a statistical certainty...

Old
02-03-2006, 02:49 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrobot101
Try being a Leafs fan for 15 minutes. They haven't even won a cup in my lifespan, and the odds of them doing so aren't great.

If the Leafs ever win it, I imagine we'll trash our own homes, make love in the streets, form a massive conga line up Yonge Street.

Next time the Habs win it all (anticipated date: 2009-10 season, led by captain Mike Komisarek), you'll have a nice riot for which the cops will forget to show up. Just another championship to throw on the pile.

Personally, I think the Habs are on the right track and are drafting and developing (slowly) a very good team for the future. Have a little faith in ze Gainey, and have a nice day y'all.
You're not a real Leafs fan, you can't be! Give up the charade! Carbonneau, is that you? Play Perezhogin more!

Old
02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
Statisticaly speaking, with Theo in the goals the last few games, its not so much a "chance" as a statistical certainty...
Well I was going to suggest only watching the games when Huet's in nets, but then realized the cause was more important than one meer life. Take one for the team JV! (because the team ain't taking one for you)

Old
02-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Gump_Wamsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrobot101

Okay, it's bad enough when i go to a Habs Leafs game at the Bell Center that there's a bus load of Leafs fans.....

yes, a bus load....

The army confiscated the rest of the buses to help with clearing the snow.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
badrobot101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
You're not a real Leafs fan, you can't be! Give up the charade! Carbonneau, is that you? Play Perezhogin more!
You got me, it is I - le Carbonneau!

Perezhogin will play when he's damn well good and ready, and not a second before....

Old
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
badrobot101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump_Wamsley
Okay, it's bad enough when i go to a Habs Leafs game at the Bell Center that there's a bus load of Leafs fans.....

yes, a bus load....

The army confiscated the rest of the buses to help with clearing the snow.
Hab fans turn out at the ACC in droves, too. Of course, they already live here. I was thinking of taking the bus to Mtl myself later this year. Maybe next year, when both teams suck a little less.

Old
02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
The n00b King *

sigh....

why do i like cheese? GOD! WHYYYYYYYYYY!??!?!

Old
02-03-2006, 03:12 PM
habfan4

Turn Hab games into a drinking game.

At the begining of the game, do a shot of Tequila if:

A rookie is taken out of the line up in favour of a washed up, underperforming veteran (make it a double if the rookie has been sent down)

After the puck drops, take a sip of beer every time that:

Theo gives up a fat rebound
Rivet, Souray or Dandenault cough up the puck
Bulis or Zednik bail out to avoid a hit
Kovalev or Koivu stickhandle their way out of the play
RDS show Gainey or Carbonneau looking perplexed and stoic on the bench
When TSN is broadcasting: Every time McGuire utters either of the following inane terms: Whammo or Monster
If playing against the Leafs: Every time Neale or Cole mess up a players name

Chug a beer when:

The opposition scores (add a shot if Theo let in a softy)
A Hab player takes a lazy/stupid penalty (add a double shot for a Dandenault high stick)
The PP features Dandenault, Streit or Bulis
Ribeiro makes a hit and stays on his feet

Add any other conditions you like. The above criteria is usually guaranteed to have you passed out by the end of the first period at the latest so you can stop watching "this trash".

Old
02-03-2006, 03:23 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
I lost friends and had a lot of apologies to make last time I mixed tequila and the Habs, Jose Curevo is such a good/bad friend to me.
You need to switch from Jose Cuervo to Herradura and give it another go. If pressed you can substitute Tequila out in favour of Gin or Vodka.

Closed Thread