HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2016-17 Part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2017, 11:40 PM
  #876
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Vortex View Post
This makes me feel old and I'm only 31
They say 70 is the new 50 so you are only 11! You can't feel old. Sorry, not allowed.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 12:36 AM
  #877
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
They say 70 is the new 50 so you are only 11! You can't feel old. Sorry, not allowed.
I'm damn near 60 and I feel like a 20 year old. So, if you know of a good place to meet one...

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 12:46 AM
  #878
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I'm damn near 60 and I feel like a 20 year old. So, if you know of a good place to meet one...
Would you settle for a 40 YO? I know of a place that used to be good for that - but it closed recently. A pal o min(e) used to gO there.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 01:49 AM
  #879
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,931
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Would you settle for a 40 YO? I know of a place that used to be good for that - but it closed recently. A pal o min(e) used to gO there.
LOL...... The Pal

I am old enough to remember having drinks with Jets (1.0) at the Pal. Also QB Matt Dunigan and Bombers.

I also remember drinking Vodka shots ( 1$ shooter night) with Ulanov and Davydov at Scandals (on Pembina) in their first couple weeks in Canada/ W.P.G.

They were shy as at that time Russia was just allowing the N.H.L. access to its players and it was a definite fish out of water story.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 06:38 AM
  #880
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
They say 70 is the new 50 so you are only 11! You can't feel old. Sorry, not allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I'm damn near 60 and I feel like a 20 year old. So, if you know of a good place to meet one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
LOL...... The Pal

I am old enough to remember having drinks with Jets (1.0) at the Pal. Also QB Matt Dunigan and Bombers.

I also remember drinking Vodka shots ( 1$ shooter night) with Ulanov and Davydov at Scandals (on Pembina) in their first couple weeks in Canada/ W.P.G.

They were shy as at that time Russia was just allowing the N.H.L. access to its players and it was a definite fish out of water story.
Old guys in the room "waive your hands up in the air" (but not too high or too fast because remember your bad back)! As our good friend Gin has always preached "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional".

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 08:59 AM
  #881
jetdiehard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Getting old is a few more aches n pains but nothing we can do about it.
Still enjoy my visits with Abbie McDonald and a Bob Crystal and talk about the old players. I liked the talks with Metro Prystai and telling me that before a face off we could have fast visit with the opposition players, could never do that now.

jetdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 09:18 PM
  #882
buggs
nanoo nanoo
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: somewhere flat
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,228
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Old guys in the room "waive your hands up in the air" (but not too high or too fast because remember your bad back)! As our good friend Gin has always preached "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional".
My wife always says she has two children, her daughter and her husband. I've always abided by the fact (observation?) that if you haven't grown up by fifty you don't have.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 11:00 PM
  #883
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
My wife always says she has two children, her daughter and her husband. I've always abided by the fact (observation?) that if you haven't grown up by fifty you don't have.
Atta boy Buggs!!!! Yea I am old and started my family "REALLY" Late.....as one of my good buddies would say when I told him about my second child coming 6 years ago "have you looked at your birth certificate lately?"

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 05:22 AM
  #884
Saintb
Registered User
 
Saintb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Saintb
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
I was born during the 1950 flood. but I swear I had nothing to do with it!

Saintb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 07:54 AM
  #885
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintb View Post
I was born during the 1950 flood. but I swear I had nothing to do with it!

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 09:55 AM
  #886
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,931
vCash: 366
Back on topic.........

Harkins vs Spacek ....... both Centers at the W.H.L. level. I say Harkins play center for the Moose next year and Spacek moves to the wing.

Harkins also scores more points and plays a better 2 way pro game and thus plays his first N.H.L game b4 Spacek.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 02:05 PM
  #887
mcpw
WPG
 
mcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
When those two joined the Moose end of last season, Spacek played C and Harkins played LW.

mcpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 09:38 PM
  #888
JetsUK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpw View Post
When those two joined the Moose end of last season, Spacek played C and Harkins played LW.
Just learning the patented PoMo playing-out-of-position system.

JetsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 10:57 AM
  #889
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Not a big Harkins fan. Certainly see a lot more upside in Spacek than Harkins. I have serious doubts that Harkins can have any sort of a NHL career.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:05 PM
  #890
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,462
vCash: 300
Logan Stanley invited to team Canada summer camp

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Te...er-Development

Aavco Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:16 PM
  #891
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Logan Stanley invited to team Canada summer camp

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Te...er-Development
Nice for him, but seems like a long-shot to make the team.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:20 PM
  #892
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,462
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Nice for him, but seems like a long-shot to make the team.
It pretty much always hinges on how the players play in the fall.

You'd think from way some here talk about him the Luke Green would have been a shoe in to be invited

Aavco Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 03:21 PM
  #893
csk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
It pretty much always hinges on how the players play in the fall.

You'd think from way some here talk about him the Luke Green would have been a shoe in to be invited
Given that he's in the same tier as Stanley, I find it mildly surprising that one got invited and the other did not.

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.