HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to Foppa

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Congrats to Foppa

on his 200th NHL goal tonight. Getting it in style too.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:10 PM
rpontbriand

I am really liking the third line of Niko and Kono moving foward. Add Worell to the fourth and things should get real fun again.

Is it just me or is Skrastins MUCH better than advertised?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:13 PM
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand
Well, PL certainly knows what he wants. I mean, before he started playing...who really even knew of the guy and his capabilities (Enoch excluded )?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand
Definitely.

Two or three of the games so far played this year (such as tonight's), he led the team in ice time.

Martin Skoula was second in terms of even-strength time, I might add.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man

Martin Skoula was second in terms of even-strength time, I might add.
...and looked very solid, too. Great pinch for Peter's first goal, and other than the fact that he didn't drop the gloves with Laracque was one of the best D out there.
Skoula's problem is confidence, not ability...see Tanguay for comparison.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:15 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico
...and looked very solid, too. Great pinch for Peter's first goal, and other than the fact that he didn't drop the gloves with Laracque was one of the best D out there.
To be honest however, the 1st goal was because Skoula was late on picking up his assignment. He wasn't great but better.

I hope more players try to scuffle with Skoula and try to rough him up. Perhaps that will lead him to be unafraid of physical contact.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:48 AM
Benji Frank

Is Liles part of your top powerplay? I noticed he had almost as much time as Blake on the PP! Are the Avs that confident in him, or was it just a case of the game getting out of hand let's see what the kid can do??

Is he playing well enough to stick and contribute to the big club all season? He had some nice numbers in college!!

Old
10-24-2003, 06:49 AM
hoserthehorrible

Physical attributes have never been Skoula's problem. It's always been mental problems that have, and continue to, plague him. He makes bad decisions with the puck in his own end and doesn't cover the open man in front of his own net. The Oiler's goal last night was a result of Skoula standing still and not covering anyone. When he did see the man with the puck was wide open he tried to make a play but all he did was screen Aebischer.

Old
10-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Oh...God...can't even begin to agree with you there. Sure, he was better than that horrid game against Boston, but he still made bad decisions with the puck and didn't hit ANYONE in the defensive zone. Like I said, Skoula has the talent, has the size, lacks the brains.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Oh...God...can't even begin to agree with you there. Sure, he was better than that horrid game against Boston, but he still made bad decisions with the puck and didn't hit ANYONE in the defensive zone. Like I said, Skoula has the talent, has the size, lacks the brains.
I may be missing something here, but one of the reasons that a Horcoff/Skoula dust up was being talked about by the announcers (CBC) was because he was doing some hitting in the defensive zone - and I think it shocked the hell out of the Oiler player. It's also why big Georges was roughing him up a bit later on.
He'll never be confused for Foote or Blake in his hitting, but efforts were made. But Hoser's right about the front of the net in general when it comes to Skoula.
Also - I don't recall any bad decisions with the puck last night, but again, do think that as his confidence goes, so does he...

Old
10-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Gumballhead

Skoula pass/fail

Quote:
Also - I don't recall any bad decisions with the puck last night, but again, do think that as his confidence goes, so does he...
The main thing I've been noticing about Marty lately is that almost all of his passes are shaky and off-target. He has never been the most accurate passer, but this is different, like he's lost his ability to judge where his D partner is as he skates back into his own zone. One pass fluttered about 10' from where it should have been. He needs to figure that out if we are going to lean on him for big minutes, but who knows how? He's puzzling.

Closed Thread