HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Leafs and Kings Cursed?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
devilinto

vCash: 500
Leafs and Kings Cursed?

Living here in toronto and being a Kings fan i am begining to think that both of these teams are cursed.
The Leafs have not won a cup since 67 the year before the kings came in.

The Kings and Leafs played in a great series in 93 with the Kings taking the series. If you ask any Leaf Fan they would have kicked montreals fault. So we ruined there best chance to get the cup.

Then afew years back both the Kings and Leafs are in the second with Assperations of making it to the Finals. What happeans???

The KINGS GO SMOKED 5-1 vs the Avs as Joe SAkic put on a show. We should have won that series and then would have gotten our revenge on the BLUES.
The Leafs Lost 5-1 vs the Devils and looked to be the second best team left in the west. To bad they played the number one team and lost in 7.

Then we move onto this year.
I dont need to tell u that the Kings have been cursed by injuries this season. OH YEAH THE PAST 5 SEASONS.

Well the Leafs have had their injuries as well. Sundin, McCabe, Tucker, Lindros, Klee, And others have been hurt.

Could it be the JASON ALLSION CURSE?? I still cant beleive he is still playing. I thought he would have quit by now.

What do u guys think. WE CURSED??

Old
02-03-2006, 09:39 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
No, simply bad management, bad ownership, bad coaching and mediocre players is what has plagued the Kings. If they were truly cursed they would be the worst team in hockey year in and year out. The Kings simply keep circling the drain but not quite going all the way down-just keep their head up enough for the fans to keep buying tickets without realizing they are being tricked. The owner of the Kings is not interested in winning and the truly sad part of this organization is the owner who wanted to win the most ended up screwing the Kings and their fans for years to come. From my memory of those years and the teams on the ice I can honestly say I would accept that punishment again just to get another whiff of greatness. The Kings are the Houston Astros of the NHL, some great players, not many, 1 whiff of greatness and 1 owner who went to jail.

Old
02-03-2006, 09:51 PM
ILuvLA

Not cursed, just crap management.

Old
02-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
True dat.

Kings = Astros

I'd almost rather be like the Marlins. Win a title, sell everyone. Suck until you win another. Trade everyone again. Suck again.

Old
02-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Osprey

I'd take the Leafs curse over the Kings curse anyday. At least the Leafs aren't content with mediocrity and try desperately to win every year. Their playoff record over the last 6 seasons (two 3rd rounds, three 2nd rounds) is also much preferable to the Kings' (one 2nd round).

Last edited by Osprey: 02-04-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Old
02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Having been at Maple Leaf Gardens for one of the greatest games ever played between those two teams, that great deciding playoff game between the Leafs and the Kings, I don't think that either team is cursed... I just think they both happen to kinda suck

Old
02-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Kings = Astros
One thing wrong with the LA Kings being the Houston Astros..

Astros have horrible first halfs of the season then surprise everyone and end up going to the World Series, the Championship of the MLB. When's the last time LA went to/won a Championship?

Old
02-04-2006, 09:16 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I'd take the Leafs curse over the Kings curse anyday. At least the Leafs aren't content with mediocrity and try desperately to win every year. Their playoff record over the last 6 seasons (two 3rd rounds, three 2nd rounds) is also much preferable to the Kings' (one 2nd round).

I have to agree here! US Kings fans have felt the sting of not making the playoffs ..yet being very close for the past 3 years. If this same **** happens again Im going to lose it. MAKE A MOVE ALREADY DAVE!!!!!

Closed Thread