HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most overrated player in the NHL

Old
02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Majikme

vCash: 663
Bryan Little AINEC. So sick about hearing about this guy.
/s

Majikme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Community
44 is Rielly good

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyyn View Post
I like Marner a lot, he's a great player and surpassed my expectations this season.

But he's not better than Eichel.
Coming from a Leafs fan, Eichel still has all the tools to become a top 5 nhl forward. However, I think this year Marner has been better and he could become the better player (not saying he will be or is going to be, but I think this season has shown that Marner could also be a top 5 nhl forward. Maybe that's seen as overrated, but I can't see a part of his game that will stop him from being a top NHL player).

Most of Leaf fans on HF acknowledge that Eichel could definitely be the better NHLer, but prefer Marner's game. He might be getting a bit more hype than deserved since he's surpassed expectations, but I think he warrants a good amount of the hype personally.

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:00 PM
SabresFan44

vCash: 500
Matthews.

Eichel has just passed the incredible Matthews in points per game. All this coming off a huge injury to his foot. Which helps contribute to one of his best assets, his stride, his mobility on the ice.

But of course on here it's Matthews >>>> everyone but connor or crosby

Last edited by SabresFan44: 02-13-2017 at 02:11 PM.
SabresFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:02 PM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFan44 View Post
MAtthews.

EIchel has passed Matthews in points per game. All this coming off a huge injury to his foot. Which helps contribute to one of his best assets, his stride, his mobility on the ice.

But if course Matthews >>>> everyone but connor or crosby
Eichel in his full rookie season has 1 less goal than Matthews has in his rookie season 54 games in but okay

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Community
44 is Rielly good

vCash: 50
Quote:
MAtthews.

EIchel has passed Matthews in points per game. All this coming off a huge injury to his foot. Which helps contribute to one of his best assets, his stride, his mobility on the ice.

But if course Matthews >>>> everyone but connor or crosby
Matthew's is in his rookie season and significantly outscoring Eichel's pace last year and points aren't everything.

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:04 PM
SabresFan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Community View Post
Matthew's is in his rookie season and significantly outscoring Eichel's pace last year and points aren't everything.
Who cares about last year?

Uh by the way he's not significantly out scoring eichel in his rookie season, he is but not significantly.

So far Eichel has been better then Matthews at everything except rookie goal total which he has just one more. Sure he should finish probably with five to ten more but let's just wait and see How many he ends up with.

leaf fans are going to look really foolish when they see eichel blossom into a top five forward while marner hangs a rung or two or three below him.

Last edited by SabresFan44: 02-13-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old
02-13-2017, 02:04 PM
ARoggy94

Quote:
Matthews.

Eichel has just passed he incredible Matthews in points per game. All this coming off a huge injury to his foot. Which helps contribute to one of his best assets, his stride, his mobility on the ice.

But of course on here it's Matthews >>>> everyone but connor or crosby
I like Kyle Connor as a prospect too but saying you don't agree that Matthews is significantly better than him really says a lot about your opinion

ARoggy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:05 PM
authentic

Quote:
Coming from a Leafs fan, Eichel still has all the tools to become a top 5 nhl forward. However, I think this year Marner has been better and he could become the better player (not saying he will be or is going to be, but I think this season has shown that Marner could also be a top 5 nhl forward. Maybe that's seen as overrated, but I can't see a part of his game that will stop him from being a top NHL player).

Most of Leaf fans on HF acknowledge that Eichel could definitely be the better NHLer, but prefer Marner's game. He might be getting a bit more hype than deserved since he's surpassed expectations, but I think he warrants a good amount of the hype personally.
Absolutely. It's not just his offensive skill that makes him what he is either, it's his drive, compete level every shift and his two way game that especially standout for a rookie winger.

authentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
takehisheadoff

vCash: 538
Iginla when he was on the Flames. Also Rick Nash.

takehisheadoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:08 PM
SabresFan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
Eichel in his full rookie season has 1 less goal than Matthews has in his rookie season 54 games in but okay
So???

Matthews isn't as good as eichel and there no doubt He can't dominate like Jack can.

Goals aren't everything, he still needs 12 points just to tie eichel in his rookie season...you know the guy he is significantly eclipsing apparently.

This year as I said coming off a huge injury is already playing better then Matthews.

Don't even use the omg he's a rookie. You honestly think a guy coming from a full year in the khl is much younger then eichel. There months apart in age...Christ.

MAtthews has a lot to prove still some people look good as rookies and fall off.

It's clear eichel is just getting better and better and if Matthews shows glimpses of cooling down like his 11 games in a row without a goal he could be a bust.

Let's hope not though..

Matthews should be a good player one day maybe even be elite like eichel.

Old
02-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Subban 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafSSteelers79 View Post
Without a doubt, for almost ten years now... carey price. He was built to be something he is not, and now nobody wants to admit they were wrong. Its funny how everyone jumps on the wagon with him. I feel bad for the guy, I think he seems like a great guy, great teamate, and he has shown he can play at a high level and be one of the best goalies in the world. But to say without question he is the best goalie in the game today, is almost ridiculous. I know that someone out there that does not easily have their opinions influenced by what the general public claims, will be able to agree with me... id just like to hear from you.
Hes had a bad slump in season and now all of a sudden hes overratted? what does that say about every other nhl player in the league?

Subban 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Subban 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Brills View Post
lol of course it's every leafs player that the boards hate.
what? theres been no talk about leafs players thus far lol its all about carey price!

Subban 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:12 PM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:
So???

Matthews isn't as good as eichel and there no doubt He can't dominate like jack can.

GOals aren't everything, he still needs 12 puts just to tie eichel in his rookie season...you know the guy he is significantly eclipsing apparently.

This year as I said coming off a huge injury is already playing better then Matthews.

Don't even use the omg he's a rookie. You honestly think a guy coming from a full year in the khl is much younger then eichel. There months apart in age...

MAtthews has a lot to prove still some people look good as rookies and fall off.

It's clear eichel is just getting better and better and if Matthews shows glimpses of cooling down like his 11 games in a row without a goal he could be a bust.

Let's hope not though..

this entire post is hilarious from beginning to end the bolded is my favourite. How exactly do you expect people to take you serious when you post ridiculous things like that?

Old
SensNation613

Quote:
So???

Matthews isn't as good as eichel and there no doubt He can't dominate like Jack can.

Goals aren't everything, he still needs 12 points just to tie eichel in his rookie season...you know the guy he is significantly eclipsing apparently.

Don't even use the omg he's a rookie. You honestly think a guy coming from a full year in the khl is much younger then eichel. There months apart in age...Christ.

Let's hope not though..

What is this post

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PALE PWNR

vCash: 143
Obviously Toews

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:18 PM
SabresFan44

Quote:
this entire post is hilarious from beginning to end the bolded is my favourite. How exactly do you expect people to take you serious when you post ridiculous things like that?
I was just joking around.

You know the same sort of hyperbole leaf fans do when saying nylander is better then eichel.

The leafs do not have a player better then jack eichel. Not one. I'd also take Sam Reinhart over every leaf.

Most experts say Reinharts hockey iq is among the best in the world and it's slowly transitioning on the ice..

Marner is on ROR's level but not as good enough on a two way level.

Old
02-13-2017, 02:22 PM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:
I was just joking around.

You know the same sort of hyperbole leaf fans do when saying nylander is better then eichel.

The leafs do not have a player better then jack eichel. Not one. I'd also take Sam Reinhart over every leaf.

Marner is on ROR's level but not as good enough on a two way level.
see you started this one off fine, and then you went and said the bolded. do you actually believe that? If you do, either:

You don't watch the Leafs enough
You don't understand hockey
You are a homer of gigantic proportions

Whichever it is, you need to work on it before anybody is going to take you seriously here

Old
02-13-2017, 02:29 PM
SabresFan44

Quote:
see you started this one off fine, and then you went and said the bolded. do you actually believe that? If you do, either:

You don't watch the Leafs enough
You don't understand hockey
You are a homer of gigantic proportions

Whichever it is, you need to work on it before anybody is going to take you seriously here
I didn't realize hfboards was some gang and i needed astute prerequisites to fit in.

I've been here for 13 years by the way ...and really couldn't care less who agrees.

Admitedly, I was stirring the pot a bit but if you don't think Reinhart is on marners level you ....

Don't know a thing about him and have never seen him play.

He could be and turn into the greatest, subtle player in the league. He isn't flashy but he does have nice hands when he wants to show it, his vision and iq maybe can be matched by Sid and mcdavid but he's top five arguably there.

Points aren't everything but even Reinhart is starting to take notice there.

Why is preposterous to suggest he isn't better then every leaf? marner has what 11 and Matthews has 9 more points. Wow huge leap there.

Honestly all four are great and I wouldn't be this bitter sounding if leaf fans wouldn't of claimed eichel was overrated when he hasn't even laced his skates all year.

Old
02-13-2017, 02:29 PM
nickschultzfan

Pretty much every top-tier Canadian Dman besides Burns.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Jaynki
Toe2Toe

PK Subban

Jaynki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:31 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Obviously Toews
Considering the posts on him of late, I would say the opposite. He is starting to be seriously underrated on this message board atleast. I don't think he is by NHL coahes and GM's though.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:33 PM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:
I didn't realize hfboards was some gang and i needed astute prerequisites to fit in.

I've been here for 13 years by the way ...and really couldn't care less who agrees.

Admitedly, I was stirring the pot a bit but if you don't think Reinhart is on marners level you ....

He could be and turn into the greatest, subtle player in the league. He isn't flashy but he does have nice hands when he wants to show it, his vision and iq maybe can be matched by Sid and mcdavid but he's top five arguably there.

Points aren't everything but even Reinhardt is starting to take notice there.

Why is preposterous to suggest he isn't better then every leaf? marner has what 11 and Matthews has 9 more points. Wow huge leap there.
I never once talked about Reinhart or Marner, nor did I compare them. But yes, Matthews is better than Reinhart. I don't think that you'd find any support on the boards to think that Reinhart is better than Matthews, but I'll make a poll to find out for you

Old
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Siddi

vCash: 1431
Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan that is saying OP is very misinformed on Price. He's been the best goalie in the world the past 3ish years easily. Just because he hasn't been the undisputed best this year, doesn't mean the last 3 years didn't happen.
He played what, all of 12 games last season? People are claiming him to be the best even when he is out injured. This is insane

Yeah, he is not overrated at all...

Siddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
ya dad
ur a joke

vCash: 1049
Quote:
So???

Let's hope not though..

well you tried sabresfan44

ya dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 02:45 PM
HarrisonFord
Mindawakebodyasleep

Quote:

Points aren't everything but even Reinhart is starting to take notice there.

Honestly all four are great and I wouldn't be this bitter sounding if leaf fans wouldn't of claimed eichel was overrated when he hasn't even laced his skates all year.
the poll that I made seems to suggest that perhaps it is preposterous. I know you like Reinhart, and generally he is underrated on here, but perhaps you should take stock of the reality of the situation - Matthews and Marner are clearly better players than Reinhart.