All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2017, 12:52 PM
TootSweet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
Holding onto Carlo and signing Shattenkirk instead of giving away great assets for an overrated declining Landeskog is an even better idea.

Mac
Shatty
Carlo
Chiller

all in the same lineup sounds amazing to me. Let's make sure that McAvoy doesn't bust and that Chiller doesn't regress before we trade away the one seemingly stable defenseman going forward in our lineup. If we can get another piece like Shattenkirk next year THEN we can think about trading away dmen for forwards.

Landeskog is 24 years old. Your greatest assets are D prospects. At a point you need to trust your scouting and make a move to improve team. I like Carlo alot. Landeskog could be a game breaker if he gets into a groove on that second line. Re stacks the pecking order and could be a great deal. Alot of ifs. We shall see what happens.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Number8
Jacobs Must Go

If Boston is considering trading Carlo for a forward -- they better have a plan for a Dman coming in somehow.

Johnny Dangles (Big Z, or course) is going to be 40 next month and although he's had a bit of a renaissance season this year he's waning.

If you look at ATOI for B's defenseman:

Z - 23:10
TK: 22:70
Carlo: 21:18
McQuaid: 17:31 (3:47 less than Carlo)

If you look at SHTOI:
Z: 197 mins
Carlo: 158 mins
McQuaid: 122 mins
KMiller: 72 mins

You just cannot remove Carlo and leave things as is. Not unless the forward you are getting is Patrick Kane and we plan on winning every game 10-9.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
s3antana5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
Seems like an opportunity for both teams to complete a variety of objectives. For Boston, build for now and the near future, fill a few holes (LW,LD,Backup G), while also moving on from some things that aren't working and providing a change of scenery for others.

Something like;

- Landeskog, Pickard, Tyuton, Iginla, Colbourne

for

- Carlo, Heinen, Spooner, Khudobin, Hayes, 2017 1st

Then run short term ...

Marchand-Bergeron-Iginla
Chelarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Landeskog-Backes-Vatrano
Belesky-Moore-Colbourne-Schaller

Tyuton-Chara
Krug-Chiller
Killer-MQuaid
Morrow

Rask
Pickard

and it creates openings next year for some Providence guys and/or prospects

Marchand-Bergeron-XXX
Chelarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Landeskog-Backes-Vatrano
Belesky-XXX-Colbourne-XXX

XXX-Chara
Krug-Chiller
Killer-MQuaid
Morrow

Rask
Pickard

Leaves Belesky, Killer & McQuaid exposed for Vegas
That's way too many moving pieces. And now Chara is all the sudden going to play his off side and we're going to take Colorado's 3rrd D to play a top pairing. And we have like 25 games left. The back-up goalie is going to see what, 5 games? Khudobin stays and is exposed to Vegas because you have to.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman40 View Post
sure it sounds good. but you also have to look at the comparison of (1) a deal that is on the table and agreed to from both sides to (2) the risk of Shattenkirk not signing here, which is extremely possible.

I think with Miller coming along well lately and the other good D prospects we have, one may have to go eventually.
So if Shatty doesn't sign, McAvoy busts or takes longer than expected, and Chiller declines (or even just tops out as an offense first #4), losing the stabilizing presence of a Carlo on the back end is not made up for by the addition of a declining 2nd line winger who would likely fit best with our 3rd line center.

Landeskog is just a flashy name that isn't worth the hype.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:54 PM
pisele

Wow. Lots of stuff being thrown around here today. Panic in Bruins nation. If there is one thing I have learned trolling these boards for years, it's that we all do not get it correct always. Did anyone even have a sniff last year that it was Liles and Stempniak coming Boston's way at the deadline? I can tell you I do not recall anyone on here calling that correctly.

Yeah, something is up here (Sakic and Sweeney letting the press see them together) for sure, but has Sweeney not gone on the record saying that Carlo is not available? Did he change his mind? Gabriel Landeskog?

43G, 11 Goals, 11 Assists, 22 Points (-17). Yes, I know he is on a bad team, but his production is not that good this year.

This guy will not fetch as much as Duchene. Yes I know his career stats are fairly good.

I have always thought the price for GL is an established NHL Defenseman, Prospect and First Round Pick. Maybe Sakic sees the light as no other team would offer more?

Chiller? and.... (prospect not named Carlo or McAvoy) plus the First in a weak draft? I do not do Carlo for GL. The Av's would be getting more than you think with Carlo. Young, cost controlled, lots of potential. The cost control would be something in the Bruins favor. Could have been scouting Spooner as well?

The B's have to trade one of Chiller or K. Miller or they lose them in expansion. This deal does not go down until Sakic attends the BU Harvard Beanpot final tonight. Worried that it may be JFK. No to Carlo. No to McAvoy. McAvoy only goes for Mackinnon. Good Defenseman with potential are hard to find.

I think the trade is in the Bruins favor. Teams want prospects because they do not have to be protected in the expansion draft. They have more value than they normally would and the B's are loaded with prospects.

Last edited by pisele: 02-13-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old
02-13-2017, 12:55 PM
wintersej
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
What if Bruins management think they have the RHD set for the next ten years with McAvoy and Miller? I see Carlo and Miller both as #3-4 guys respectively but the age difference and the 'shiny new toy' of Carlo makes him more valuable.

Again, when the glitter fades from Carlo and he is still a great #3-4 guy, do people regret not moving him for a guy like Landeskog when Miller perhaps is getting more minutes on that right side and Carlo is in his sophomore slump paired with Kevan Miller on the third pairing as he continues to develop (you know, like how Colin Miller has had to go through since coming here?)
You are on fire right now.

I think Carlo's projection is that of a 2/3. If he hits the high end of that, maybe you lose the trade. If he hits the mid-range or lower, I think you feel OK about it. If you feel (like I do) that Colin Miller is showing enough to get some more minutes and be a 2nd pairing d-man, and you also have McAvoy in the wings, its not crazy to take the risk... especially given that, in the long run, you won't be able to afford McAvoy, Carlo and Colin if they are all top 4 guys. Would I want to add a lot to Carlo? No. Would I want to make sure I get a short term solution like Beauchemin or Tyutin in the deal? Yup. Do I make the trade? If I think I am buying low on Landy, YES. I'm just not sure if that is the case.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
First off, I think Carlo will be better than Boychuk. That being said, the problem is trading Carlo will create another hole (a big one) and it's not Carlo for Landeskog, but Carlo++ and I'm not willing to do that.
Yup I agree.Sweeney needs to be really careful here

Old
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 3158416
All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Continued from

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2184563

Old
02-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I like Cehlariks game in his very brief stint. Seems calm under pressure too, and a good fit with Krejci's style of play. Vatrano also warming up. Krejci and Backes scoring. I'm not so sure a move for Landeskog is the right play here. Left side dman seems to me the obvious hole.
O2N, we've been fooled far too many times these last couple years during these winning streaks into believing that they had turned a page...only to see the scoring dry up and the defense falter under pressure and fatigue.

There's more reason and evidence to suggest they come back from the break with the current roster and fire off 4 losses in regulation than there is to suggest the winning streak continues.

Adding now to a team (imagine telling Landekog he is going to Boston, but beforehand he should take a week off with his family and get situated in Boston and enjoy the break).

In fact, telling any new acquisition that they have the week off to get acclimated to Boston or go on vacation and meet the team in San Jose is a fantastic way to bring a new player in.

Old
BruinsPortugal

Dealing Carlo for Landeskog is so ****ing stupid. And i have a man crush on Landeskog.

Idiots.

Old
zaYG
Nerevarine

I've got a baaaad feeling. I'm gonna need a midday beer to calm these nerves. I'm ready to put a hole in my liver bigger than the hole Sweeney is gonna put in this Bruins d-corps.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:02 PM
PlayMakers

NHL Network is reporting Cehlarik has been sent back down...

Something in the works, or just getting the kid playing time during the break?

02-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
I've got a baaaad feeling. I'm gonna need a midday beer to calm these nerves. I'm ready to put a hole in my liver bigger than the hole Sweeney is gonna put in this Bruins d-corps.
I don't know. Something about Sweeneys idea of developing talent leads me to believe he won't be trading McAvoy or Carlo.

I wonder if he was scouting Spooner?

Zboril
Spooner
1st

They could probably get better than that, but still a good package.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:03 PM
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....

There isn't one COL D that I'd pay big for.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMakers View Post

Playing time I'd imagine.

I'm hoping he was the piece Sakic was watching.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:04 PM
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....

Quote:

playing time and cap hit off the books for a few days.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:05 PM
bolt thrower
drunken sailor

Quote:

Probably the just getting playing time during the break, hopefully.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM
s3antana5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I don't know. Something about Sweeneys idea of developing talent leads me to believe he won't be trading McAvoy or Carlo.

I wonder if he was scouting Spooner?

Zboril
Spooner
1st

They could probably get better than that, but still a good package.
I'd even add Morrow and Heinen to that deal and still be ok with it.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

I'm afraid of what it will cost... Don't have faith that Coma Don will pull a good trade.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
I'd even add Morrow and Heinen to that deal and still be ok with it.
Its probably not realistic, especially since we have so much time before the deadline.

My guess is either Sweeney put Carlo back on the table and itll be Carlo+ for Landy or Sakic identified a prospect he likes and we're adding a 1st on top of it, plus other assets.

I will be fine with anything but Macavoy.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:13 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
If Sweeney trades JFK I'm joining the dark side
You wouldn't really start cheering for Montreal - would you ????

Old
02-13-2017, 01:13 PM
robinsonp16

Me to bUT I think I like Landeskog more then most.

Old
02-13-2017, 01:14 PM
BklyNBruiN

Huge Update Regarding Boston-Colorado Rumours!

Last night we received a huge update as it looks like the two teams are still talking.http://www.letsgobruins.net/2017/02/...orado-rumours/

Old
02-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Intersting overview from Zach Leach of ProHockey site on the pieces to work with on both sides. He sees the B's prospects a little differently than most when considering the current B's roster and how some prospect pieces would fit in to fill needs in the not to distant future.

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/...e-talking.html

Old
02-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Last night we received a huge update as it looks like the two teams are still talking.http://www.letsgobruins.net/2017/02/...orado-rumours/
All of this stuff has already been discussed on this thread.

Closed Thread