Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Its probably not realistic, especially since we have so much time before the deadline.

My guess is either Sweeney put Carlo back on the table and itll be Carlo+ for Landy or Sakic identified a prospect he likes and we're adding a 1st on top of it, plus other assets.

I will be fine with anything but Macavoy.
Same.

Now if McAvoy continues to progress, Colin Miller doesn't regress, the Krejci winger is addressed they just have the #1 RHD to assess.

And we all hope Zboril continues to progress in hopes he can be a 2nd pairing LHD to replace Chara in a year and a half. No more, no less.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:20 PM
BklyNBruiN

3 wins will not fool me. They're playing well and winning always helps but I definitely think they're playing on adrenaline at the moment and I hope management threads carefully. Let's get it popping!

Old
02-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisele View Post
Wow. Lots of stuff being thrown around here today. Panic in Bruins nation. If there is one thing I have learned trolling these boards for years, it's that we all do not get it correct always. Did anyone even have a sniff last year that it was Liles and Stempniak coming Boston's way at the deadline? I can tell you I do not recall anyone on here calling that correctly.
One guy got it pretty close ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
if we do extend Loui then we are going to need at least some short term help for the next few months. Stempniak and Hamhuis should make us more competitive and shouldn't cost too much is my thinking there
(post #937 on 02-29-2016, 11:44 AM in thread 24 Hours From Tulsa - All Bruins Trade Rumors/Proposals - MOD WARNING IN OP)

He's a good "guesser", that guy!

Old
02-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Dizzay

I was scanning through the Avs roster and I don't like anyone else besides the big three: MacKinnon, Landeskog, and Duchene. Zaderov looks good but I think our own D prospects are better. Rantanen looks like a solid player but again, nothing I'd sell the farm for. I wonder if we take a flyer on Iggy for our third line to play with Vatrano and Spooner? I think someone said that Vatrano looked foolish on the left side though.

Lets assume we get Landeskog for someone not named Carlo/MacAvoy, would you flip one of those two as the centerpiece in a deal for OEL?

Old
02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
BruinDust

I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't trade Carlo for Landeskog straight up if I'm Boston.

Then start talking Carlo + quality prospects + picks. For Gabriel F******* Landeskog?

Sickening if that is actually the case.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:24 PM
camdon

I'd prefer to stay on track and let the young kids develop and possibly be a seller at the deadline.

I hope we don't see a repeat of last year... Giveing up a 2,3,4 &5 round pick for a Lee Stempniak & John-Michael Liles... Then not tradeing Loui Eriksson for for a late 1st, or 2nd and prospect.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:25 PM
pisele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerelli View Post
One guy got it pretty close ...

(post #937 on 02-29-2016, 11:44 AM in thread 24 Hours From Tulsa - All Bruins Trade Rumors/Proposals - MOD WARNING IN OP)

He's a good "guesser", that guy!

"if we do extend Loui then we are going to need at least some short term help for the next few months. Stempniak and Hamhuis should make us more competitive and shouldn't cost too much is my thinking there."

I stand corrected. Nice work Fonz.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisele View Post
I stand corrected. Nice work Fonz.
Too bad it didn't work out, but it seemed like the right idea at the time if they couldn't get what they wanted for Loui, though I would have prefered they had extended him

Old
02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't trade Carlo for Landeskog straight up if I'm Boston.

Then start talking Carlo + quality prospects + picks. For Gabriel F******* Landeskog?

This is a very scary rumor...

Old
02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

I don't think you are. Trading Carlo for Landeskog is beyond stupidity.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Tampbear

I like the D as currently constructed and would not want to trade away Carlo.

I thought the third line was a black hole and needed a mix up but has really come to life since Cassidy took over which really changes things. In our current top 9 the only hole is Spooner's rw, maybe Czarnick can fill that hole when he comes back as that line is finally doing something. Alternatively Cehlarick could burn out quickly from the initial excitement and need to be replaced. I think the best case scenario would be to get Landeskog for a combination of their favorite D not named McCavoy and not in the Bs top 6, they can then choose their favorite forward prospect not playing for the Bs currently and not JFK of Frederick, and a draft pick, then we send them a cap dump ideally Beleskey. Avalanche get a ton of value for the future the Bs get someone that can immediately help the team without hurting the lineup somewhere else.

I'm not sure I would commit much more than that right now seeing this new spark in the team. Cehlarik, Spooner, and Vatrano all have more to show or not show before I create a hole on D.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

I don't know if Dom has heard names for that rumored trade. I don't want him to give us those. Just if he would be happy if that trade happen.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:31 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Hello, my name is stupid.

I am called that here because, yes I would trade Brandon Carlo for Gabriel Landeskog straight up.

Sorry. Anyone want a box of chocolates?

Old
02-13-2017, 12:31 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

If Sweeney trades either Carlo or Chiller I will shove a hockey stick up his ass. Especially for a forward coming back. Bruins defense can't endure the loss of either one at this point of the season.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia View Post
Hello, my name is stupid.

I am called that here because, yes I would trade Brandon Carlo for Gabriel Landeskog straight up.

Sorry. Anyone want a box of chocolates?
How about Carlo+prospect+1st?

Old
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....

Old
OneManIsNoMan

Can we just stand back for a second and let it sink in that Sweeney used a 2nd round pick on Carlo and now he's (Carlo) the main piece wanted in a deal for Landeskog who was selected #2 overall and the leading scorer of his draft class.

Touche Sweeney, Touche

Old
02-13-2017, 12:34 PM
camdon

Quote:

I'm still of the opinion that we're weak on Defence and Landeskog's not the answer. Let's overpay for a top Defenceman.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:34 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
How about Carlo+prospect+1st?
No

Straight up - yes.

There would have to be more coming back and/or cap money going out (which is an asset to us)for me to be on board for that price tag.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:35 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
Can we just stand back for a second and let it sink in that Sweeney used a 2nd round pick on Carlo and now he's (Carlo) the main piece wanted in a deal for Landeskog who was selected #2 overall and the leading scorer of his draft class.

Touche Sweeney, Touche
Draft selection means nothing once they are in the NHL.

Would you give up Bergeron drafted in the second round for Nail Yakupov?

I'm not overly fascinating with Landeskog, he's a good piece, but not worth screwing up our defense for.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
I'm afraid of what it will cost... Don't have faith that Coma Don will pull a good trade.
How is the situation any different for Sweeny than any other GM in the league? There is nothing of signifiance with moves that has taken place. All indications are that he has gotten futhur down the road than most GM's.

There is a clamour for a deal to be made and daggers are out for Sweeny's for not having acted as yet. There is equal, if not more clamouring, that he can't possibly put together a deal without blowing it. Nothing wrong with taking time to get quality pieces that help now and well into the future vesus the bargin basement shopping that takes place at the deadline to acquire marginal pieces, often rentals.

Settle in and wait to see how it unfolds and then analyze what he has done with a move(s). He hasn't spent the last couple seasons acquiring prospects with our a though of using them at the appropriate time to take bigger steps toward significant improvements. Sometimes the best moves end up being the ones you don't make. Doesn't mean the required work is not being done by a GM to make a move simply because it's hard to get inside info to confirm it.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Bauer3000

To me it's fairly simple if you don't think you have that player (landeskog) in the system and you feel you have a surplus of this player (Carlo) coming through or already here then that is why a deal would be made. We aren't talking about a rental here which many of us are afraid of. If you evaluate Carlo as at best a #3 and you think you are getting at minimum a top 6 power forward then maybe that's their thought process. I'm not saying I agree but it's certainly not stupid at least I wouldn't call it that

Old
02-13-2017, 12:37 PM
OneManIsNoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Draft selection means nothing once they are in the NHL.

Would you give up Bergeron drafted in the second round for Nail Yakupov?

I'm not overly fascinating with Landeskog, he's a good piece, but not worth screwing up our defense for.
Nobody would, but Carlo hasn't even played a full season in the NHL. Its not like it's 5 years after his draft and he turned out to be a solid player, he was drafted less than 24 months ago lol.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:38 PM
s3antana5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
That to me is encouraging. Seems they may have backed off taking top prospects and would be ok with a package.

Old
02-13-2017, 12:39 PM
riverhawkey91

No interest in moving Carlo/McAvoy for Landeskog.

Even if Carlo only maxes out as a #3, I just don't think it's a risk you take right now. Who knows how all of these kids will look in a few years; suppose Carlo ends up being the best of all of them? I'd much rather take the Nashville approach and see how they all fit in and progress before flipping them. Even at best, Landeskog is a 2LW in Boston behind Marchand.

Salary cap implications are pretty big here too. We're talking almost 6 years (ELC + bridge years) with each of these kids making probably under $3 million, versus Landeskog who already isn't performing up to his nearly $6 mil contract. We just can't afford to move out guys in a position of need for more players with these mythical intangibles...it's Seguin for Eriksson all over again (lower stakes, but still).

Closed Thread