HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Old
02-15-2017, 07:37 AM
RGY
Kreid or Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Buch has looked awwwwwwwwfullllll

Yeah, this exact phrase summarizes why the whole "this is supposed to be a transition year so who cares we get outplayed every game?" shtick is complete nonsense and always has been.

(this is not calling you out)
Wait did you just agree with me? Lol. Hell must be freezing over.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Igor Shestyorkin
Elite Russian Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Buch has looked awwwwwwwwfullllll

Yeah, this exact phrase summarizes why the whole "this is supposed to be a transition year so who cares we get outplayed every game?" shtick is complete nonsense and always has been.

(this is not calling you out)
Agreed. He hasn't gotten as much TOI as one would like but even so, he hasn't created anything for a good while now. It's like he swapped with Vesey slump-wise.

Igor Shestyorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 02:26 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Have a feeling he gets a night off Thursday for Pirri
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine27 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised with that.
Good call by us

FLYLine27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 04:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

1 assist in last 10. ouch.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
1 assist in last 10. ouch.
People here will solely place that on him playing on the fourth line and AV being an idiot.

Don't fall for that trap.

Irishguy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 07:37 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
People here will solely place that on him playing on the fourth line and AV being an idiot.

Don't fall for that trap.
Vesey has been great in his last ten games, too. 2 goals. In fact, those 2 goals date back to the flip of the calendar for Vesey. 17 games. 2 goals. No assists.

And a major LOL at quality of competition being an "excuse". You're better than that.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 07:41 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyjee View Post
Vesey has been great in his last ten games, too. 2 goals. In fact, those 2 goals date back to the flip of the calendar for Vesey. 17 games. 2 goals. No assists.

And a major LOL at quality of competition being an "excuse". You're better than that.
I wasn't implying it was a legitimate excuse. I'm just saying that it's been used here before, and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trying to use it again.

And in terms of (hopefully) short-term line-up changes for the two rookies, why are we opening up the "previous games" sample size to almost 20 or more games? AV is going with someone who is doing well more recently than up to 20 games ago. Vesey, in the more recent times, has done better. For a short-term lineup change, I don't see why that's not valid for him getting a demotion.

It's long-term that this isn't something I want to see, but if it's for a game or two...then why not?

Irishguy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 07:48 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Actually. Nah. idgaf anymore.

Bring in the dancing lobsters

Old
02-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Have a feeling he gets a night off Thursday for Pirri
You are half right. Buch out, Pumpel in.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/15/rangers...er-so-so-game/

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Kherron

Most of my dislike for Buch's ice time stemmed from my fear of him running back to Russia tbh. Zipay's tweet makes me feel a lot better.

Kherron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 01:54 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

If Buchnevich were to run crying back to Russia then so ****ing be it.

One player doesnt run the team because as should be known one player is no bigger than the team.

Look at the good running back to Russia has done for Burmistrov and likely to be Nich as well. As well as the dark cloud that has surrounded Yakupov.

You know who didnt run back to Russia and went through the development and maturation process the right way? Vlad Tarasenko and Nikita Kucherov.

Old
02-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Rangers in 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
If Buchnevich were to run crying back to Russia then so ****ing be it.

One player doesnt run the team because as should be known one player is no bigger than the team.

Look at the good running back to Russia has done for Burmistrov and likely to be Nich as well. As well as the dark cloud that has surrounded Yakupov.

You know who didnt run back to Russia and went through the development and maturation process the right way? Vlad Tarasenko and Nikita Kucherov.
i think buch understands that he will get his time, im sure he watched tarasenko and kuch struggle at times as well.

Rangers in 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Igor Shestyorkin
Elite Russian Squad

Yeah so be it if he goes back to Russia, then we lose our best 21 and under player. So great!

Igor Shestyorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:43 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Clendening View Post
Yeah so be it if he goes back to Russia, then we lose our best 21 and under player. So great!
Love the sarcasm. But i dont subscribe to letting kids dictate how an organization decides to handle their development.

Again I think the examples of the other Russian counterparts is a pretty telling sign of the right way to handle things and the wrong way.

Old
02-16-2017, 02:45 PM
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast

Quote:
Love the sarcasm. But i dont subscribe to letting kids dictate how an organization decides to handle their development.

Again I think the examples of the other Russian counterparts is a pretty telling sign of the right way to handle things and the wrong way.
Tarasenko never went back to Russia when he already came over and neither did Kucherov.

The Gloaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:58 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gloaming View Post
Tarasenko never went back to Russia when he already came over and neither did Kucherov.
That was my point...

Old
02-16-2017, 10:55 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherron View Post
Most of my dislike for Buch's ice time stemmed from my fear of him running back to Russia tbh. Zipay's tweet makes me feel a lot better.

If he's going to run back home at the first sign of trouble then he can **** off for good.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 10:57 PM
darko

Quote:

As opposed to 'hey lets cater to all his needs'.

No special treatment for anyone.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:44 AM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
As opposed to 'hey lets cater to all his needs'.

No special treatment for anyone.
It sets a terrible example and puts the Rangers in a bad position moving forward in terms of development of their youth and how they handle it.

The Rangers have been doing it the right way for the past 6-7 years. They seem to have a good handle on it and not only that they lure the college players that elected free agency rather than sign with the teams that drafted them.

Let's look at their track record over the past 7 years:

Stepan
Kreider
Miller
Hayes (Signed as free agent)
Fast
Lindberg (acquired early on from Phoenix)
McDonagh (acquired early on from MTL)
Staal
Girardi
Skjei
Lundqvist
Vesey* (signed as free agent)
Buchnevich*

Past players:

Callahan
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Del Zotto
Talbot
Hagelin
Boyle (acquired early on from LAK)

They have turned around a lot of young players/prospects into NHL regulars that contribute in a huge way. It says a lot about this organization.

So no I wouldnt let Buch dictate his future. He is a kid. And fortunately he is playing for an organization that has a pretty high success rate in developing NHL players.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I'd be hard pressed to call anyone "our best player," no matter how talented they are, if they're inclination at the first sign of adversity is to cut bait and run back to Russia. Sorry. Its cowardly and no organization should stand for that type of behavior.

Buchnevich's offensive talent is undeniable, but its not going to grow at the NHL level if he doesn't commit to the following, in no particular order:

1. Get stronger. I dont think hes won a board battle his entire time here. In fact, he seems allergic to the boards.

2. Move his feet. A lot of water skiing the past several games

3. Improve on the defensive side of the puck. Theres little to no awareness there right now. It needs to get better.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:03 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I'd be hard pressed to call anyone "our best player," no matter how talented they are, if they're inclination at the first sign of adversity is to cut bait and run back to Russia. Sorry. Its cowardly and no organization should stand for that type of behavior.

Buchnevich's offensive talent is undeniable, but its not going to grow at the NHL level if he doesn't commit to the following, in no particular order:

1. Get stronger. I dont think hes won a board battle his entire time here. In fact, he seems allergic to the boards.

2. Move his feet. A lot of water skiing the past several games

3. Improve on the defensive side of the puck. Theres little to no awareness there right now. It needs to get better.
I'm not trying to be accusatory or incite an argument that goes nowhere, so I won't take it personally if you ignore this.

But, among those three issues that you perceive Buchnevich has, can you provide any metric-based evidence that backs this up? For example, again, besides what you perceive, how would you then take those three things you see in Buch's game that need improvement, and point to how they are impacting Buch and the Rangers on the stat sheet.

Again, feel free to ignore.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I'm not trying to be accusatory or incite an argument that goes nowhere, so I won't take it personally if you ignore this.

But, among those three issues that you perceive Buchnevich has, can you provide any metric-based evidence that backs this up? For example, again, besides what you perceive, how would you then take those three things you see in Buch's game that need improvement, and point to how they are impacting Buch and the Rangers on the stat sheet.

Again, feel free to ignore.
No I cant, nor should I.

Are we allowed to discuss reasons why a kid gets scratched that doesn't revolve around a non-existent metric?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:06 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
No I cant, nor should I.

Are we allowed to discuss reasons why a kid gets scratched that doesn't revolve around a non-existent metric?
I'm just asking if you have any tangible evidence about those three issues, and how they point to impacting Buch and the team.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:14 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
I'm just asking if you have any tangible evidence about those three issues, and how they point to impacting Buch and the team.
I am going to side with BRB here.

Buch needs to be better in all three areas or at the very least two of three moving forward.

His strength is still an issue. And it plays into him losing board battles. He easily gets knocked around out there. There is no metric for this or at least none that I am aware of that tracks lost board battles. There certainly isnt some "tangible" metric to define his strength.

As far as the defensive side of the puck goes I dont think metrics tell the whole story here either. You can call it one's perception and thats fine but he really hasnt been that great in this area of the game either. He can be better and as a rookie needs to be better for the sake of his own growth and development.

There is no question imo that he has all world talent offensively. But for him to be able to show that he needs the other aspects of his game as well as his physical development to come together.

But again not sure why you have to ask for a tangible metric discuss something that really is so straightforward.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:16 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
I am going to side with BRB here.

Buch needs to be better in all three areas or at the very least two of three moving forward.

His strength is still an issue. And it plays into him losing board battles. He easily gets knocked around out there. There is no metric for this or at least none that I am aware of that tracks lost board battles. There certainly isnt some "tangible" metric to define his strength.

As far as the defensive side of the puck goes I dont think metrics tell the whole story here either. You can call it one's perception and thats fine but he really hasnt been that great in this area of the game either. He can be better and as a rookie needs to be better for the sake of his own growth and development.

There is no question imo that he had all world talent offensively. But for him to be able to show that he needs the other aspects of his game as well as his physical development to come together.

But again not sure why you have to ask for a tangible metric discuss something that really is so straightforward.
I think a player constantly losing board battles and turning the puck over a lot would be on the ice for a lot of shot attempts against.

This isn't the case with Buch.

What I think does tend to happen is that people remember bad plays a lot more than they remember good plays. If Buch loses a board battle or two during a game, but then makes 5 or 6 good plays in his own end to make a quick outlet pass and spring a rush the other way, you're going to remember the board battle losses.

Often, we look for what we want to see. Which is why metrics do a good job in order to help filter out some of that subjectivity, IMO.