HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida/Colorado Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2006, 02:48 AM
silver_made*

vCash: 500
Florida/Colorado Proposal

Florida Gets:

Tanguay
Liles
Aebischer

Colorado Gets:

Jokinen
Luongo

Old
02-04-2006, 03:08 AM
motojime

Yo-ho-ho!
+1

Old
02-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Hell no.. We would lose our best left winger and we already have 2 centers.. Turgeon and Sakic.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:05 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_25_1982
Florida Gets:

Tanguay
Liles
Aebischer

Colorado Gets:

Jokinen
Luongo

Add Svatos and a First to Colorado's offer please.

Old
02-04-2006, 09:36 AM
AlMo

Considering the Cats get a top line winger and a pretty good dman this deal isn't all that bad. Only problem is the Cats would want a goaltending prospect to take over the future that belonged to Luongo. Aebischer would be a stopgap but definantly not the answer.

The Cats lose their franchise player in Luongo and a player who may walk at the end of the year.

It's always tough to trade that franchise player but if you look at the Thornton deal this is not that far off. The Avs would likley have to add some more and they are missing a key componenfor Keenan, that goalie prospect, unless the Cats like Budaj?

Old
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300
Yeah right...there is a soon to be UFA on that list and a RFA with one more season before he is a UFA. Adding Svatos is rdiculous, you are way over valuing Luongo, as usual.

Old
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Hell no.. We would lose our best left winger and we already have 2 centers.. Turgeon and Sakic.

And yes the Avs could use another center. Turgeon may retire after this season.

Old
02-04-2006, 11:23 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_25_1982
Florida Gets:

Tanguay
Liles
Aebischer

Colorado Gets:

Jokinen
Luongo
Awful deal. Jokinen shouldnt be dealt in the same trade as Luongo. Liles isnt that great, i have little interest in him. Aebi is a large downgrade.

I like Tanguay, but we get ripped.

Old
02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
Awful deal. Jokinen shouldnt be dealt in the same trade as Luongo. Liles isnt that great, i have little interest in him. Aebi is a large downgrade.

Yeah, a defenseman earing 450K and on pace for 57 points "isn't that great".

You would be lucky to get a player of Liles ability and salary for soon to be UFA Jokkinen. Tanguay alone would be plenty for Luongo. We are talking about a player who is on pace for 100 points...Aebischer has played as well as any goaltender in the league as of lately. In all actuality, this benefits the Panthers far more than the Avs. You are talking about the nucleus (you may lose half Jokkinen for nothing in the off season) of a playoff contender vs the nucleus of a team that won't sniff the playoffs...again, Fla fans are overvaluing what little they do have.

The more I think about it, from an Avs perspective I don't do this deal.

Old
02-04-2006, 12:16 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster

you're comments are a joke. your team would be so lucky to have tanguay and liles...even aebischer is one of the more mentally tough goalies in the league (unlike theodore despite his superior talent).

Old
02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
And yes the Avs could use another center. Turgeon may retire after this season.
Jokinen is UFA next off-season, so he might leave too.

Old
02-04-2006, 12:50 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Then add Horton and Bouwmeester

Old
02-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

Old
02-04-2006, 01:15 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
you're comments are a joke. your team would be so lucky to have tanguay and liles...even aebischer is one of the more mentally tough goalies in the league (unlike theodore despite his superior talent).
Aebi would suck here, people seem to forget how god awful our defence is sometimes. Liles to me isnt that interesting, not the physical Dman we need. We already have Krajicek, our future offensive top 4 Dman, along with Bouwmeester.
Tanguay is awesome though.
There is no way we trade our best two players in one deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
You would be lucky to get a player of Liles ability and salary for soon to be UFA Jokkinen. Tanguay alone would be plenty for Luongo. We are talking about a player who is on pace for 100 points...Aebischer has played as well as any goaltender in the league as of lately. In all actuality, this benefits the Panthers far more than the Avs. You are talking about the nucleus (you may lose half Jokkinen for nothing in the off season) of a playoff contender vs the nucleus of a team that won't sniff the playoffs...again, Fla fans are overvaluing what little they do have.
Tanguay may be on pace for 100 points, but Jokinen is PPG, and is a beast. Jokinen is a UFA, but if he were signed there values would similar.
How hell can you say it benefits us? We would be god damn awful without Luongo and Jokinen. Luongo keeps us in games, and Jokinen is clutch. We seriously downgrade in goal, upgrade in offenive production.

What little we have? Horton, Bouwmeester, Olesz, Weiss, Krajicek seems a very good core to build around. Luongo has the most value in this trade, and a bidding war could happen before the deadline involving Jokinen, and if he is a free agent this summer, he will be the cream of the crop virtually.
Dear god your anti-florida, the countless times ive seen you doing it.

Old
02-04-2006, 01:24 PM
JonQuixote

I think this trade looks fine, Colorado may be giving up slightly too much thanks to Jokinen's UFA status, but assume there's a conditional pick going their way then. Assume Florida is likely to lose Jokinen. Assume the best players in the deal break down like this.

1. Luongo
2. Tanguay
3. Jokinen
4. Liles
5. Aebischer

Luongo is worth more than Tanguay, but not by too too much. Conversely, a young star defenseman like Liles is worth more than soon to be UFA Jokinen. But together, it balances out and Colorado has no problem throwing in Aebischer to fill the Panther whole in net.

The Avs have a goalie they can build their future around for the next decade, and the offense (young and veteran) to absorb the significant loss of Tanguay and Liles, especially if they re-sign Jokinen, which they probably would.

Florida has an offensive star the likes of which they have never had, a solid goalie option to at least challenge for the #1 job next year, and a slick stud like Liles on the blue line, which might also have the effect of allowing them to shop Bouwmeester in the offseason, who'd probably fetch a very pretty penny and be able to fill whatever whole Florida wanted.

Old
02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
fcbarcelona

it's all a moot point since the avs will not trade tanguay right now...not even for luongo. alex is a moster. meanwhile, the panthers won't be dealing from a position of strength...i find it hard to believe they'll get as much as they deserve for either player.

Old
02-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I just don't think you'll see Luongo and Jokinen in the same deal. They'll probably be worth more separately.

Old
02-04-2006, 03:46 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Fair enough, I counter with Florida adding every first for the next 5 years, Olesz, Bouwmeester and Horton, yea, see I can make stupid offers too.

Old
02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Belgican

Put Hejduk in the place of Tanguay and we have a deal

Old
02-05-2006, 02:16 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Both, and no disrespect to Joe, are getting older whereas Olli is entering his prime. If Colorado can't re-sign Olli, conditional DP going back to Colorado and it's a reasonable deal.

Old
02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

But Jokenin alone would cost the Avs Hedjuk, Svatos, Liles and 1st in 2006

Old
02-05-2006, 03:27 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
holy crap

florida is already making out on this deal

Old
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I just don't think you'll see Luongo and Jokinen in the same deal. They'll probably be worth more separately.
I totally agree with that sentiment. Luongo like JonQuixote said is worth just a tad more than Tanguay (not sure what else to even it out). And I agree with jericholic19 that Colorado wouldn't trade Tanguay now (maybe not even in the offseason). But I also don't see Florida trading Luongo now either...more than likely in the offseason around draft time. Whereas, I see Jokinen possibly being moved at the deadline this yr once the Panthers are mathematically eliminated.

Closed Thread