Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jimmy Hayes III

Old
02-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Southiechickie

vCash: 500
My favorite video of Hayes is of him and Gronk partying like fools at Figawi last summer. Shows his great moves!!

Southiechickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 12:14 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southiechickie View Post
My favorite video of Hayes is of him and Gronk partying like fools at Figawi last summer. Shows his great moves!!
I think you're in love with him. Way too interested in his off ice life if you ask me.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Krupp

It's hard for me to say this, and I can't believe i'm quite saying it, but I would rather have Chris Kelly back as a third liner winger than have Hayes there....

And I am aware Kelly is more of a fourth liner.

Krupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
It's hard for me to say this, and I can't believe i'm quite saying it, but I would rather have Chris Kelly back as a third liner winger than have Hayes there....

And I am aware Kelly is more of a fourth liner.
I would welcome Chris Kelly back as a 4th line LWer.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Number8
Jacobs Must Go

Vesey has not turned out to be the immediate superstar but he's had a decent first year (+ - isn't so good but he's young). Would have been a good addition to Boston.

IF (emphasis here) the Hayes family had anything to do with that decision as rumored then Jimmy has been even more expensive!

Even if not, after all of the buzz about a local kid getting crapped on here, I expected Hayes to come on strong this season just to prove a point. Boy, was I wrong.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 03:22 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Vesey has not turned out to be the immediate superstar but he's had a decent first year (+ - isn't so good but he's young). Would have been a good addition to Boston.

IF (emphasis here) the Hayes family had anything to do with that decision as rumored then Jimmy has been even more expensive!

Even if not, after all of the buzz about a local kid getting crapped on here, I expected Hayes to come on strong this season just to prove a point. Boy, was I wrong.
I love Vesey but he has had a very underwhelming year in New York. He started off well, but hit that rookie wall and hasn't broken through it yet.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Dr Hook

Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
For as much as I've criticized Hayes, I wanted to give him his due for playing well- tonight against the Sharks was the best I've seen him in months. If we got that Hayes on a nightly basis, he'd be worth having on the team. Cassidy effect? Career-ending urgency? Who knows, and who knows if the renaissance will last more than a game, but I was glad to see him finally play well.

Dr Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hook View Post
For as much as I've criticized Hayes, I wanted to give him his due for playing well- tonight against the Sharks was the best I've seen him in months. If we got that Hayes on a nightly basis, he'd be worth having on the team. Cassidy effect? Career-ending urgency? Who knows, and who knows if the renaissance will last more than a game, but I was glad to see him finally play well.
Yes but a Vatrano Spooner Csaer line will be much much more effective.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 11:22 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
He has been working hard lately but it's obvious that line has some potential with a rejuvenated Spooner and Vatrano improving all the time . How hard can it be to find someone better than Hayes at the trade deadline ?

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 11:29 PM
missingchicklet

Hayes has looked better recently, but one level above crap is about where he is. I kept thinking all night what a difference it could make to Spooner and Vatrano to have someone better than Hayes to work with. Those guys move around the ozone so well. I think the line could end up being pretty nasty for other teams to try to stop if it had someone faster and better than Hayes on it. Spooner is looking great and was flying against SJ. Vatrano seems to have good chemistry with him. I'm actually excited for the first time all season about the potential of the third line. No Beleskey sure helps, and no Hayes would be great too.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Grey Poupon*
Cashmere Thoughts

Quote:
Can't see this lasting. Hayes is just too inconsistent.

Grey Poupon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:09 AM
CharasLazyWrister
GrumpyMilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I would welcome Chris Kelly back as a 4th line LWer.
I'd agree with this.

The only reason I was so happy to see Kelly leave was because I knew Claude couldn't use him in the top 6 anymore.

And I also got tired of Andy Brickley's infatuation with heaping praise on him whenever there was a dull moment in the booth. He would make a simple tape-to-tape pass and it was "OOOHHH WHAT A SMAAAHHHT PLAY BY CHRIS KELLY JACK!" The Bruin loyalty agenda grew way too strong with him.

CharasLazyWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Poupon View Post
Can't see this lasting. Hayes is just too inconsistent.
Waddaya mean? He just scored the 100th point of his CAREER last night!! That gives him five for the year. Of course, Pastrnak scored his 100th recently, after two + years in the League.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Dr Hook

Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
Right, I was just meaning to point out he played better last night than he has in a LONG time. Yes, that bar is pretty low, but I felt it only right that if I am going to bash the guy for being bad, I should be fair and praise his game when it is better . He is still slow and not super skilled and over the long haul we can do better. I still don't want him taking ice time or a roster spot over a young player that needs to get some NHL service, but if the Hayes of last night was the regular Jimmy, he'd make an adequate 4th line guy that we wouldn't necessarily cringe at seeing in the lineup.

Dr Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Yes but a Vatrano Spooner Csaer line will be much much more effective.
Just curious, why do you keep calling, who I think is Czarnik, "Csaer"? Is that his nickname? If he is of Russian decent why not call him "Tzar"?

Old
02-21-2017, 11:48 AM
WithOutPaperss
Made it Look Sexy

I can live with Jimmy on the 4th line if he continues to play how he has under Cassidy. He's not ideal but he is at least doing okay.

WithOutPaperss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Ratty

He's done little in the time Bruce took over. That assist was a bank shot off the boards. Too slow.

When Czarnic returns, I'd like to see him on Spooner's line with the Springfield Rifle. Now that's speed!

Old
02-21-2017, 12:26 PM
GoBs

The the line is playing very well why would you change it?
Let them play they are all playing a complete game.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
The the line is playing very well why would you change it?
Let them play they are all playing a complete game.
To improve it with someone who can actually skate??

Old
02-21-2017, 02:43 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
To improve it with someone who can actually skate??
Played their best game against the Sharks and they didn't do it with two forwards it took all three. Give Hayes credit they are working well together.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 03:35 PM
tremha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
I can live with Jimmy on the 4th line if he continues to play how he has under Cassidy. He's not ideal but he is at least doing okay.
he doesn't fit on the 4'th line. Not strong enough defensively - especially now that the 4'th line is being used for way more defensive zone starts.

tremha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 03:51 PM
bb74

Reminds me of B Bitz on a bad day. Guy just doesn't have anything near NHL skills anymore - not even sure if he has AHL skills for that matter.

I have no agenda against the guy but he's dry white toast without the whole fried chicken...

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
rocketdan9

i rather have Reilly Smith back

i bet he would play better under Cassidy

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 07:45 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Played their best game against the Sharks and they didn't do it with two forwards it took all three. Give Hayes credit they are working well together.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that he played his best game vs. San Jose. But, how good is his best game? Have you watched this guy skate?

He was lousy last year and he's worse this year. Four points in the last four games. Wow! He's up to what, six points on the season? But you can't score points if you're not dressed for the game. Why was he not dressed? Well, his supporters claimed that, while he may not be the scorer we expected, he's big and can win battles in the corner and along the boards. Really??

Then they said he can, with his size, screen the goalie and create opportunities in front of the net. Really?

I hope we can find a right winger who can do any of the above. If not, then Czarnik, who can at least skate, should be given another opportunity. Or Heinen.

Old
02-21-2017, 08:37 PM
ORRMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
We traded a young 20 goal scoring top 6 winger for Jimmy @#$! Hayes.

This is why I hate Bruins management. The stupidity of their moves just rankles.

Hopefully we can ship Hayes out for a low round draft pick soon. Or maybe we can trade him for a struggling player with upside who needs a change of scenery.

2 goals in 43 games for a forward. Enough said.
Jimmy is a local guy, which we appreciate, but he is not built for today's game. But, you might want to rethink your position on Hayes versus Riley Smith.

Hayes has one year left at $2.5 million, while Riley Smith is signed through 2022 at $5 million per. He has 10 goals and 15 assists and is a minus 12. I'd rather suffer through one more year of Hayes than four more years of Smith at his cap hit. Smith is pretty much the slug we traded away. He comes to a new team; has one good season; signs a big contract; then he stinks.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote