HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

16-17 Art Ross race - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Jesus Take the Wheel

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KareemTrustfund View Post
Geno is playing like a man possessed. Don't count out the 101st best NHL player ever just yet.
While that may be so, I just don't see him making up an 8 point difference with 2 games in hand over McDavid

Old
02-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Plural

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRpro View Post

You just said everyone can rule him out.

Haha! Yeah, I guess I did.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Chasing #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianguy77 View Post
You're forgetting the Kunitz factor. He'll cost Crosby 10-20 points easily, if he stays on his line until Sheary gets back. It's almost like Kunitz tries to give the puck back to the opposition in the offensive zone.
Seriously. Who would have thought that Conor freakin' Sheary going down with an injury for 4-6 weeks would be the biggest impediment to Crosby winning the scoring title?

In any case, it'll be an interesting final 20+ games. Hopefully Guentzel can pick up the slack.

Old
02-17-2017, 02:02 AM
Dmv

vCash: 500
I'd be rooting for McDavid but I feel like Sid's been pretty unlucky with the Art Ross. 'Deserve's got nothing to with it' etc etc but it feels like there's been too many damn years where he loses having played 5 less games to barely lose it. Still pisses me off that Jamie Benn had a better killer instinct in 2015

Old
02-17-2017, 06:26 AM
hockey4sale

Let me say again, Backstrom, he is my sleeper pick, he and Malkin will make this 4 men race, normally I would say Backstrom has no chance but since late December Caps offensive production is just insane and Backstrom is right in the middle of that insanity, and Malkin actually looks more dangerous than Crosby, sorry Crosby fans but Sid looked pedestrian for last 6 weeks

Last edited by hockey4sale: 02-17-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old
02-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Luigi Lemieux

Crosby, Malkin, and Mcdavid the three clear best players in the league right now. Crosbys production has dropped since both of his wingers went down but I'd still consider him the front-runner. Will be an exciting finish with Malkin playing spectacular hockey right now. Definitely wouldn't rule him out as he's capable of putting up 10 points in a week. Rooting for him after the pathetic nhl100 list.

Old
02-17-2017, 07:30 AM
McDavidCrushedLarkin

McDavid ROAAARING back

Old
02-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Khomutov

Hoping for Malkin if not Backstrom please.

Old
02-17-2017, 09:07 AM
yuri28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Crosby, Malkin, and Mcdavid the three clear best players in the league right now. Crosbys production has dropped since both of his wingers went down but I'd still consider him the front-runner. Will be an exciting finish with Malkin playing spectacular hockey right now. Definitely wouldn't rule him out as he's capable of putting up 10 points in a week. Rooting for him after the pathetic nhl100 list.
Would be a big troll to this group of so called experts if he were to have as many Art Rosses and Conn Smythe as Sid and Ovie combined

Old
02-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Rooting for burns lol. I want the odd ball both looking/personality and position wise to win it.

Old
02-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Stamkos Intolerant
Here comes the $$$

Definitely one of the best Art Ross races in recent memory.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Cyborg LeClair
Thank You Mr. Snider

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDavyCrockett View Post
If the Oilers make the playoffs, McDavid get the Hart without a question IMO. The Penguins are so deep that they'd be a playoff/elite team even without Sid.

On another note, it bums me out as an Oilers fan thinking about how the Pens have had two different eras over the past 30 years where they've had two generational superstars up front for protracted periods (Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin), while we've only had one (Gretzky, McDavid).

Truly, they are the most storybook franchise in the history of the NHL (all things considered).
I dont agree with this at all. The Canadiens have won 22 Stanley Cups in NHL History and have had such talent as Maurice "Rocket" Richard, Doug Harvey, Guy Lafleur, and Patrick Roy. Players arguably as dominant in their time as any of Crosby, Malkin, Jagr, but maybe not Lemieux.

Most storybook franchise of the last 30 years? Yes maybe that is the Penguins (including all the tanking and relocation stories in between those great players)

Old
02-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Fondue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
Rooting for burns lol. I want the odd ball both looking/personality and position wise to win it.
In an earlier post in this thread, I mentioned I'd like Burns to win it, too.

Seeing a d-man win this thing is amazing enough. Seeing Burns' beautiful mug holding said trophy would just be icing on the cake.

The NHL needs more Burns. This is the kind of personality that sells.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
I dont agree with this at all. The Canadiens have won 22 Stanley Cups in NHL History and have had such talent as Maurice "Rocket" Richard, Doug Harvey, Guy Lafleur, and Patrick Roy. Players arguably as dominant in their time as any of Crosby, Malkin, Jagr, but maybe not Lemieux.

Most storybook franchise of the last 30 years? Yes maybe that is the Penguins (including all the tanking and relocation stories in between those great players)
Canadiens have had a ridiculous amount of talent obviously, but Pittsburgh has had more art-ross level talent. Pittsburgh has the most art ross trophy winners in league history and a penguin has won 15 of the last 28 art ross trophies.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Canadiens have had a ridiculous amount of talent obviously, but Pittsburgh has had more art-ross level talent. Pittsburgh has the most art ross trophy winners in league history and a penguin has won 15 of the last 28 art ross trophies.
And with all that talent they only have 4 cups to talk about.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
And with all that talent they only have 4 cups to talk about.
Only? Since they joined the league only Montreal and Edmonton have won more.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post

They've actually won 24 Stanley Cups.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Knows View Post
Only? Since they joined the league only Montreal and Edmonton have won more.
When you start throwing in the most storied franchise in history yes it is only.

And the Islanders have the same amount. Chicago has the same amount. Detroit has the same amount.

Why are those same teams just not as storied of a franchise?

Old
02-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmv View Post
I'd be rooting for McDavid but I feel like Sid's been pretty unlucky with the Art Ross. 'Deserve's got nothing to with it' etc etc but it feels like there's been too many damn years where he loses having played 5 less games to barely lose it. Still pisses me off that Jamie Benn had a better killer instinct in 2015
Haha being a huge Crosby fan I agree with his. Basically it's a win win for me. If Crosby wins I'll be super happy for him but if my boy Connor wins it I'll be stoked as well. What a time to be alive

Old
02-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Laineux

An injury-free Crosby might very well be heading to his 8th Art Ross trophy.

Amazing how bad luck he's had.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Casanova

vCash: 728
No big changes today, only 1 point for Malkin.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:14 PM
StarsCaptainOU

It sucks that Benn wasn't healthy for about the first 35-40 games of the season. He has been racking up the points since he returned from the ankle injury.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Narow

Its remarkable what an player this McDavid kid looks to be. Allready fighting the big boys in the league. Hats off to him.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:57 PM
olli
olli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
It sucks that Benn wasn't healthy for about the first 35-40 games of the season. He has been racking up the points since he returned from the ankle injury.
Yeah he's looked a lot better lately. He'd be in the race if he hadn't missed 4 games for that ankle injury

Old
02-18-2017, 07:49 PM
PattyLafontaine

Quote:
Brent Burns is the best player in the league right now

Closed Thread