HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jonas Johansson Traded to the Caps

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 01:32 PM
TheGreek

vCash: 500
Jonas Johansson Traded to the Caps

WOW. Guess the Avs did not think to highly of their prized prosepct. He was shipped to the Caps today with Battaglia for Konowalchuk. Has he fallen that much or is this a steal for the Caps? Lemme hear your thoughts

Old
10-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek
WOW. Guess the Avs did not think to highly of their prized prosepct. He was shipped to the Caps today with Battaglia for Konowalchuk. Has he fallen that much or is this a steal for the Caps? Lemme hear your thoughts
WHAT!!!!????? You're kidding me! Oh...I don't know about this one. I guess they felt the veteran presence on this team was sorely lacking. I hope Kono brings that here.

Wow...did not see this coming. Didn't see it coming at all...

Old
10-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Yayo

I don't like the idea of losing Johansson.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:09 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
I don't think it's a good idea for Colorado to trade away their best prospects. They already lost Vrbata, Nedorost, and now Johanson all in the last year and a half. Who's next Lacroix?

Old
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Reign Nateo

They will regret trading Johansson.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
balddog66

they might regret it like the 94 Rangers regret losing AMonte and Weight...

Old
10-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Jakethesnake

Johannson has been playing horribly so far this year in the WHL. I think he has 8 points in 13 games and last year he was over a point per game. He seems lazy and disinterested to me.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:33 PM
MVP

Johannson must be a superman or something since he goes from a potential role player to a franchise player in the NHL in a matter of hours since the trade happens, at less that is how it goes according to all of the HF experts.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:16 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by balddog66
they might regret it like the 94 Rangers regret losing AMonte and Weight...
I could be missing the sarcasm, but that trade was the cup and that alone takes away any regret.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:17 PM
leafaholix*

Great deal by the Avs.

Konowalchuk's just another piece of the puzzle.

FYI... I really like Johansson, but he had a severe lower body injury last year and it may have hurt his development.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:49 PM
BLACKBURN

Is Lacrroix turning into Sather

Im not liking his moves at the moment, as mentioned above the loss of Vrbata and Nedorost was bad enough. I think deph could be an issue down the road if he keeps relying on free agents just as the rags have had for the last 7 or so years.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Reign Nateo

The reason Johansson was traded is because of his low point totals (seems unmotivated since he came back from NHL camp) and his high PIM totals. He has been taking dumb penalties. But this guy is a lock for the NHL IMO. Sniper qualities written all over him. Erik Christensen is back know and I think we will see them start to heat up. The injury is a concern.

I don't think there was any time when Johansson was thought of as a checker, he'll make it as a top 6 forward or he won't make it at all.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Jonas Johansson's rights traded to the Caps
[10/24/2003]

Jonas Johansson's righs have been traded from the Colorado Avalanche to the Washington Capitals.

Colorado received 30-year old left wing Steve Konowalchuk and a third-round draft choice in 2004 for Johansson's rights and Bates Battaglia.

Johansson who had a strong rookie campaign with Kamloops in the WHL last season has somewhat struggled this season. After 13 games played Johansson stands at 4 goals and 5 assists which is kind of modest considering he averaged more than a point per game last season.

"Johansson came to two camps, got an injury, and the overall consensus of our group was that there is a risk factor with him. We acquired a third-round pick in this deal, and we would have lost him for nothing. We were not going to sign him. That was our decision."

Those were the words of Pierre Lacroix commenting the deal.

source: www.denverpost.com

Old
10-24-2003, 08:55 PM
JeanValjean

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Jonas Johansson's rights traded to the Caps
[10/24/2003]

Jonas Johansson's righs have been traded from the Colorado Avalanche to the Washington Capitals.

Colorado received 30-year old left wing Steve Konowalchuk and a third-round draft choice in 2004 for Johansson's rights and Bates Battaglia.

Johansson who had a strong rookie campaign with Kamloops in the WHL last season has somewhat struggled this season. After 13 games played Johansson stands at 4 goals and 5 assists which is kind of modest considering he averaged more than a point per game last season.

"Johansson came to two camps, got an injury, and the overall consensus of our group was that there is a risk factor with him. We acquired a third-round pick in this deal, and we would have lost him for nothing. We were not going to sign him. That was our decision."

Those were the words of Pierre Lacroix commenting the deal.

source: www.denverpost.com

Wouldn't the Avs have gotten a 2nd round pick by not signing Johansson? He's playing the WHL. If that's the case Lacroix's comment is smoke and mirrors. He likes Kono and payed a high price to get him. Kono should help too.

Closed Thread