HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Rangers @ icelanders Thursday 2/16 @ 7:00 EST.

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2017, 04:12 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyjee View Post
When was Vesey a healthy scratch? I know he missed a game for an upper-body injury, but he's been in the lineup every game he's been healthy enough to be in the lineup.

I think people are reading into my posts conclusions that aren't there.

In summary:

I'm thrilled that AV is willing to continue giving Vesey all these chances.

I just want him to do the same for PB.

That's all.
I slightly disagree; I am frustrated that Vesey is trotted out in the top-6 and often a PP unit despite being largely ineffective this season. I wonder how much is optics / handshake agreement due to the negotiating process.

EDIT - should have kept reading, saw Crease basically posted the same thing...

02-15-2017, 04:19 PM
bl02

Nash and Vesey play really well together. some reason Vesey looks so alive and fresh with Nash but other games without him has looked slow and MIA. Lets hope the chemistry can last and continue to pay dividends

Old
02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I slightly disagree; I am frustrated that Vesey is trotted out in the top-6 and often a PP unit despite being largely ineffective this season. I wonder how much is optics / handshake agreement due to the negotiating process.

My guess is very little if anything. I'd be shocked if Gorton, Slats, or AV promised this kid he would play top 6 (if at all). Once Vesey signed his deal he lost all power. The Rangers could play him, not play him or trade him if they like. They would not sacrifice 70 mill worth of players to please a rookie. Their jobs are on the line so they play to win.

Old
02-15-2017, 05:43 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac n Gs View Post
The ice conditions would most certainly be better on Pluto. Both places would be devoid of life and can suck the life right out of you.
i think opposing teams raise the ice temp a little when the Rangers come into their buildings. To slow down the Rangers. Am I just being paranoid??

Old
02-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Usual suspects are out, they are smarter than our head coach.

Why is Buch above sitting? He was horrible on Monday and took a bad penalty.

Ridiculous freakouts here, par for the course.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:09 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

I don't believe this conspiracy since Vesey did spend some time on the lower lines. AV probably felt that even with struggling Vesey the team overall was better with him slated next to Stepan and Nash. Plus it appropriately was viewed that it would help him regain his earlier form sooner. Now he has had a solid stretch of 3-4 games in the row and in the last one he was very impressive. In this case I don't care about accountability issue since we are not talking about removing Glass from the lineup or a permanent spot there for G and Klein regardless of anything. If Butch sits I'm not upset because Vesey didn't and was given different treatment to regain a form.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Irishguy42

Vesey has been performing better than Buch in the last few games, even in the diminished roles.

There is literally no issue with Buch sitting out for one game.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Mordeth

First of all, Buch has not been struggling as much as being said here... After the injury he was abit off at first, then he got back into a groove, but now he is back to being worse then before. Which in my eyes gives AV a perfectly good option to let him rest and maybe light a fire under him. But he's not been dreadful..

Whatever happens to Vesey should not affect what happens to Buch. Two different people who need two different approaches, so why we are talking about them as they are the same is beyond me. Maybe the coach sees Vesey as the kind of player that needs to play through rough spots and Buch as the guy who needs a game off. We don't see these guys every day, at practice. And we don't speak to them and know the inside facts.

So please step back from the ledge. Lets look forward to seeing Puemple or Pirri and the game instead.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Irishguy42

I'm ready to Puemp it up.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Alluckks

Once again, we do not know what goes on behind closed doors or in practice. Maybe Vesey is still playing great in practice and AV is pushing him to consistently translate it to the big stage. Whereas maybe Buch has been iffy in practice and equally iffy on the big stage.

Maybe Buch has just shown that he is feeling sore, or told the trainers he is still hurting a bit and we are giving him appropriate rest without essentially telling the league that our guy (who is already targeted with hits) is ripe for a big hit.

So many of you look for things to be upset about. Check out the standings, watch the scoreboards, remember it is a sport you root for, and see the damn glass as half full. It's nicer, I promise.

Old
02-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

Didn't Buch get hurt last time at Barclay's or was that Nash? Maybe AV is being cautious? I'm not worried about Buch. We know the potential is there, but he needs to find that consistent compete level. It's part of being a rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i think opposing teams raise the ice temp a little when the Rangers come into their buildings. To slow down the Rangers. Am I just being paranoid??
Yes.

Old
02-15-2017, 08:34 PM
gorangers0525

Proof that the eye test is straight garbage - "Vesey isn't a defensive liability"

Old
02-15-2017, 09:00 PM
Lorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
Not worth the risk. The amount of people that would have to be involved to consistently manipulate ice conditions depending on the opponent would not be easy to keep quiet.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Ail
Dear Friend Pape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorb View Post
Not worth the risk. The amount of people that would have to be involved to consistently manipulate ice conditions depending on the opponent would not be easy to keep quiet.
lmfao

Like a well seasoned steak.

Obviously tru though.

02-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Lorb

It's not that big of a deal for Buchnevich to sit out for a game. His game is still extremely rough defensively. Playing on the fourth line with Lindberg and Fast wasn't the makings of a great fourth line for Buchnevich's skillset. He played with Mika, not to "like I said" but like I said, the Mika-Pavel combo was pure garbage in the defensive zone. AV broke up that combo immediately after and swapped Vesey and Buch. Vesey then has several good offensive shifts and scores the GWG on an individual effort and showing good chemistry with Nash. Buch needs seasoning and he'll get it with Lindberg and Puempel both not immune from healthy scratches. Things will likely change after the trade deadline. If not, Buch will get a top 9 spot next season.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hire Sather View Post

Because accountability is not a thing on this team with some of the guys who stay in the lineup.

02-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Lorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Because accountability is not a thing on this team with some of the guys who stay in the lineup.
Just because Girardi is kept in the lineup for whatever reason doesn't mean AV shouldn't enforce some accountability where appropriate.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

Quote:
Just because Girardi is kept in the lineup for whatever reason doesn't mean AV shouldn't enforce some accountability where appropriate.
So you're cool with this whole selective accountability based on arbitrary standards thing?

Old
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
So you're cool with this whole selective accountability based on arbitrary standards thing?
I'd rather him hold everyone accountable, but I'd also rather him hold select people accountable than no one at all.

So, while it's not the best, it could be worse.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Lorb

Quote:
It's preferable to no accountability. Girardi is arguably the only exception to accountability. Klein sat for a game as a healthy scratch. I'd like for Girardi to sit and see Clendening play but being upset at AV playing Girardi doesn't automatically make every decision AV makes on personnel a farce.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:26 PM
The Lunatic Fridge
why is my name here?

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hire Sather View Post

So 1 bad game = benched because he's a rookie?

With that logic, stepan should have been benched half the season with the way he's played and he's a vet so he should know better!

Old
02-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
I'd rather him hold everyone accountable, but I'd also rather him hold select people accountable than no one at all.

So, while it's not the best, it could be worse.
Quote:
It's preferable to no accountability. Girardi is arguably the only exception to accountability. Klein sat for a game as a healthy scratch. I'd like for Girardi to sit and see Clendening play but being upset at AV playing Girardi doesn't automatically make every decision AV makes on personnel a farce.
IMO if you have partial accountability, you already have no accountability.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
IMO if you have partial accountability, you already have no accountability.
I can see that, sure.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic Fridge View Post
So 1 bad game = benched because he's a rookie?

With that logic, stepan should have been benched half the season with the way he's played and he's a vet so he should know better!
Just a heads up, your analyses of Stepan are awful. Might wanna reassess your evaluation methods.

Old
02-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

On what planet do 21 year olds get the same leeway, respect, and trust as a 27 28 30 year old with experience on the job that management counts on to deliver?

Hockey is no different. You earn your leash length in anything in this life. This kid is a third round pick. Show up and play hard and right or you can sit. AV owes him nothing.

Dan Girardi has given his soul to this organization and has won a lot of games. Forgive me for thinking he should get a longer leash than a 21 year old kid who showed up to camp So out of shape he had to take 2 month conditioning break. Enough already.

He can sit and learn and he'll get right back in and when he does he better be prepared to play at a high level or he can sit again

Closed Thread