HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Anyone watching the Av's / Red Wings?

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2006, 03:29 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Anyone watching the Av's / Red Wings?

That's why you don't want Blake back. Brutal! The team plays that kind of game and 2 bonehead plays for 2 Redwing goals. -12 for the season, gooood! They just scored again. -13.

A friend I'm watching with says that because Chelios is over 70 it's legal for him to crosscheck. Is that true? Was he grandfathered in? zup?

Old
02-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Captain Ron

Well I guess the good news is that the Kings will at least be in 6th place for 1 more day.

Old
02-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Goallum

I didn't pay attention to Blake. I was mesmerized by Detroit's PK.

Old
02-04-2006, 05:02 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
That's why you don't want Blake back. Brutal!
He's been awesome this whole year. He had 1 bad game. I'd take him over anyone of your defense.

Old
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy
He's been awesome this whole year. He had 1 bad game. I'd take him over anyone of your defense.

If by awesome you mean slow and out of touch with the new game... then yea he has been awesome.

Old
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy
Blake has been horrible the entire year. I'll take Norstrom over Blake every time at this point in their careers.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Awesome is being Top 10 in D scoring and still being a minus 12, on a team that is well over .500.

Blake has always been a marginal defensive player, his offense and physical play somewhat make up for it. But he is not a guy you want on the ice protecting a 1 goal lead in the final minute.

And that is why he isn't in the class of Pronger, Niedermayer, Lidstrom, Chara and Zubov.

He also has one of the worst contracts in the NHL right now, I was shocked the Avs didn't buy him out.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Osprey

Funny, I was watching that game thinking how some of you would eat your words if you could see how Blake has been playing recently. I think that your bitterness towards him is causing you to overlook everything that he provides.

He still skates well, still defends above average, uses his size to clear the front of the net, is a PP QB with a rocket of a shot and logs an average of 25 mins per game on the season (good for 3rd in the league, IIRC). You're telling me that the Kings couldn't use any of that? They desperately need all of that, particularly the last three. You picky fans will be lucky to get even a half of those in a single defenseman.

I think that many of you bitter Kings fans need to open your eyes. You know that you'd happily take him back if the price were right. Stop pretending that he's dead to you under all circumstanes; you're not fooling anyone

Old
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I think that many of you bitter Kings fans need to open your eyes. You know that you'd happily take him back if the price were right. Stop pretending that he's dead to you under all circumstanes; you're not fooling anyone
Ding, ding. We have a winner. I'd take Blakey back in a heartbeat - IF the price was right.

Old
02-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I'd take him back for his PP point shot.

But other than that he isn't that good a player, IMO he is worse defensively than Joe Corvo, and we know how much Joe gets grilled on these boards.

Plus his contract is horrendous.

Old
02-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Plus his contract is horrendous.
That's really beside the point, though, considering the Kings wouldn't pursue him until he became a free agent this Summer.

Closed Thread