HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

New York Rangers at New York Islanders 2/16/17

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2017, 08:42 PM
ponytrekker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorb View Post
Brassard and Richards are still the two best offensive centers we've had in the last decade, basically. I miss 2011-2012 Broadway Brad. Also BRassard
if we were to trade a FW for a D, 93 is the guy whose bag I'd pack. Move Miller up, slot Pirri or Pavel in w Hayes.

Brassard wouldn't have missed those empty nets.

Old
02-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
People are sad like they actually want the Rangers to be second or third in the metro lol
Lol.

It's why I'm not even as mad as I probably would be in the past. With the way the playoff format is, a loss here and there is not the end of the world, but a benefit.

Crap game, but they won 6 in a row before this game. They'll be fine..

Old
02-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Anthony5967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
They haven't yet. Granted they've only played there 4 times now and once lost in a shootout.

I really think the ice has something to do with it. Rangers overpass so much with this version of the team the past few years and every game at this dump so far has been a game with the puck bouncing all over the place and a game with tons of misfiring and broken plays.

The ice is not NHL level. Pathetic.

What is McDonagh doing with his goalie pulled backing up like that? Is he serious?

That gwg for the isles was awful. Rangers on the PP and 4 players just staring at Lundqvist make 3 saves and letting Kulemin stay wide open right in front of the net. How do you let that happen when there's 4 Rangers there and 2 islanders? Pathetic.

What's the deal with Zibanejad? He hasn't done anything in a while now, he's a big time passenger on that line. I feel like he's always flubbing passes or gliding into a forecheck instead of moving his feet. I get that he's young but he's gotta pick it up.
Of everything that transpired tonight this is really something that I will be fuming about till probably I go to bed. Outworked, gutless, no urgency, I can go on and on.

Old
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Can I have one of my fav Rangers #16 back?
Miss him on the PP.

I like Zibanejad but he hasn't a ****ing thing on the PP which is what we got him for.

Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Meh, no biggie IMO

Said it on thread, most of game had look of desperate on the bubble for a playoff spot team vs an elite top 5 team 14 pts clear of a playoff spot.

Islander player looked like they won a playoff game afterwards jumping on each other and ****

We've been playing really well lately but tonight we got what we deserved

On bright side for those of us who subscribe to the theory such as myself that playing the Atlantic rather than the Metro come playoff time would be a good thing, well the loss keeps us 2 points behind the BJ's with them having a game in hand.

Another bright spot is Vesey. He looks like he's back to being early season really good Vesey. Bodes well for us going forward.

Now we get Buch and Zibs going and hopefully Nash who is doing everything but scoring goals, gets some puck luck than all is good in Dodge City.

Old
Lorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Richards was an overrated wet dream. He never brought half of what he had when he was with Dallas. Stepan's had seasons Richards wishes he had with us. Right now I'm pissed at how garbage Stepan was TONIGHT but that doesn't change previous seasons
He was monstrous in that post season run to the ECF in 2012 though. Figured in 60% of all Rangers goals. We were scoring like 2.4 goals per game and it was all Richards.

Old
02-16-2017, 08:44 PM
PMII
Shattendeuces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
if we were to trade a FW for a D, 93 is the guy whose bag I'd pack. Move Miller up, slot Pirri or Pavel in w Hayes.

Brassard wouldn't have missed those empty nets.
yeah brassard would have batted that puck out of midair into the net

mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
How can you sit there and say 24 and 19 were ok? The two of them don't have the skills a Kreider or Nash have but they clearly along with a select few were working their ***** off. They were forechecking the Isles to death those two.
Sorry. In Australia "ok" generally means "good without being anything too special" which is how i rated their game. They did forecheck well, which is their job and why i think they were ok tonight

Old
PMII
Shattendeuces

lmao now everyone's pining for brassard

classic

Old
02-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Luther*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
Clendening out next game. Staal stays in after playing like a friggin beer league d man and Derek Stepan+Ryan McDonagh oughta have the letters ripped off their jersey after a no urgency showing tonight.
Say what you want about torts their letters would be ripped off or better yet don't reward them with all that pp time they know they are going out on pp wether they screw up or not,sad but true,someone mentioned stop making those stretch passes but when d get it forwards are at centre or other blue line so no choice,they tried short little passes but our forwards afraid to get hit they just let puck go by so they don't get hit so had to change to stretch passes

Old
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Meh, no biggie IMO

Said it on thread, most of game had look of desperate on the bubble for a playoff spot team vs an elite top 5 team 14 pts clear of a playoff spot.

Islander player looked like they won a playoff game afterwards jumping on each other and ****

We've been playing really well lately but tonight we got what we deserved

On bright side for those of us who subscribe to the theory such as myself that playing the Atlantic rather than the Metro come playoff time would be a good thing, well the loss keeps us 2 points behind the BJ's with them having a game in hand.

Another bright spot is Vesey. He looks like he's back to being early season really good Vesey. Bodes well for us going forward.

Now we get Buch and Zibs going and hopefully Nash who is doing everything but scoring goals, gets some puck luck than all is good in Dodge City.
Not sure if he's still trying to come back from his injury, but Zibby has been pretty invisible lately.

Old
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
Come on you gotta admit he's been garbage or at very least MIA on what should be our best line. He's not getting two better wingers than zucc and kreids

Old
PMII
Shattendeuces

dude's on pace for 40 points making $5M a year

Old
ponytrekker

Quote:
Because Mika is great at hitting an empty net.

Guy shoots wide more than a high school kicker.

Old
02-16-2017, 08:46 PM
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!

I dont like to overreact to one game but I'd look to move Staal with salary retained. Move Holden over to his natural side with Brady who is playing better lately.

Old
Lorb

We can always trade Mika in the next few years once he's on a good contract and on a good offensive year and then sign Brassard to a mid range contract after his $5X5 ends

Old
ponytrekker

Quote:

classic
Mika. Has. Been. BRUTAL.

Mika couldn't catch a nerf football from Tom Brady.

Old
02-16-2017, 08:47 PM
PMII
Shattendeuces

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Come on you gotta admit he's been garbage or at very least MIA on what should be our best line. He's not getting two better wingers than zucc and kreids
yeah he's had a rough few weeks, not like proclaiming that he sucks and brassard is better is an overreaction or anything

Old
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil

Quote:

classic
Wait until the playoffs when we don't have his 0.8 PPG.

Old
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Not sure if he's still trying to come back from his injury, but Zibby has been pretty invisible lately.
Zibs at center is literally killing CK and Zooks. Any chances that line gets are almost always the work of CK or Zooks. Zibs never completes a pass or receives a pass smoothly lately.

Old
bl02

Quote:

classic
Little bit of tongue in cheek but if zib plays like this in big games you're darn tootin we will be missing brass

Old
02-16-2017, 08:48 PM
mike14

Would love to know if Greiss had a stern talk with his D about shoving players into him repeatedly

Old
PMII
Shattendeuces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Mika. Has. Been. BRUTAL.

Mika couldn't catch a nerf football from Tom Brady.
yeah and brassard has been amazing. 27 points in 54 games. incredible.

Old
RGY
Kreid or Die

While the WC spot would be more feasible, i am not content with losing. That is absolutely pathetic if you are ok with it.

I would be seriously worried about the power play. I would be worried about McDonagh continually getting big minutes out there when he is AVERAGE. Almost a waste of space. I love what he offers even strength, his skating, on the defensive side of the puck but he is simply not a quality offensive player who should have PP minutes. Its embarrassing actually. "Yet to score a 5-on-3 or 4-on-3 goal this season" as Michelletti just explained. That is literally pathetic. The other half of it is watching AV roll Stepan out there to start every PP. Very much why I prefer Claude Julien. AV is just a mediocre coach who plays favorites.

Staal's and Lindberg's plays/coverage were egregious tonight. Completely awful. And depending on where/what you want this team to do...this is why I can live with loving Lindberg out and bringing Boyle in. Just too many asinine plays by Lindberg as the play on the 1st goal was not the only one.

On the shorthanded goal...Mac was completely lost and Zibanejad was a cone.

Zibanejad at this point should be demoted or benched. He has been **** poor. Beyond watchable.

Old
02-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Maliks PlusMinus

McDonagh on the powerplay was dreadful in their zone and in our zone, but stuff like that happens from time to time.
I haven't the slightest idea why anyone would ever have acted that way on the empty net goal??! It was basic intelligence to go towards the puck. If he didn't fancy that, then surely to block the net in some way. Very weird play.
The second and third goals were both atrocious.
And I hate Doug Weight.

Closed Thread