HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers at New York Islanders 2/16/17

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Anthony5967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Their 4 on 3 execution is pitiful.

Minimal movement and the trigger man is McDonagh who has a mediocre shot from the half boards? Seriously? Then he misses the net? Awful. Truly awful.
wrong guys out there, unfortunately the coach will always use those guys for the 4v3.

Old
02-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
yeah and brassard has been amazing. 27 points in 54 games. incredible.
Very true...Brassgod has not even come close to being godly this year.

Matter of fact perusing the Ottawa board as I am apt to do at times, they have buyers remorse and I'd say the majority would rather have Zibs back. They are not happy with Brass at all. Can't blame them tho. Had Brass been doing what he's doing there with us, we'd be killing him.

Who's the eye candy in the avatar btw and not the guy? lol

Old
02-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Anthony5967

You go from Torts who was lunatic who held players accountable to this guy allowing certain guys to go through the motions.

Old
02-16-2017, 09:42 PM
PMII
Special Agent Cooper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Very true...Brassgod has not even come close to being godly this year.

Matter of fact perusing the Ottawa board as I am apt to do at times, they have buyers remorse and I'd say the majority would rather have Zibs back. They are not happy with Brass at all. Can't blame them tho. Had Brass been doing what he's doing there with us, we'd be killing him.

Who's the eye candy in the avatar btw and not the guy? lol
a waste of human life

02-16-2017, 09:50 PM
NCRanger
Bettman's Enemy

Zibanejad is what Zibanejad is. Really don't care what his age is; he's not a rookie or second year player. He's an NHL veteran who needs to be more consistent.

He's a player that's always going to leave you wanting more. Looks like a 70 point a year talent that will get 55, but 20 of those are secondary assists.

I did not like the trade when it happened. I understood it, but didn't like it, and really don't think it's going to help, unless another team gets suckered by his "potential".

Old
02-16-2017, 09:54 PM
Maximus

Quote:
a waste of human life
If that's a waste of human life, I've apparently missed that memo thru my travels....hah

Old
02-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Zibanejad is what Zibanejad is. Really don't care what his age is; he's not a rookie or second year player. He's an NHL veteran who needs to be more consistent.

He's a player that's always going to leave you wanting more. Looks like a 70 point a year talent that will get 55, but 20 of those are secondary assists.

I did not like the trade when it happened. I understood it, but didn't like it, and really don't think it's going to help, unless another team gets suckered by his "potential".

I think your right in some aspects of your post and a bit harsh as well.

He does seem like a guy who will not be a 70 point guy tho when he plays like he did first month of season, you think to yourself "hmmm...this dude is good...really good". Than he disappears for huge chunks of minutes in games.

I would do that trade every time as well despite my luv for Brass. We gained 5-6 years and he does have the makings of solid#1 center when he's on his game.

I think it was Tril who said it earlier which I subscribe too as well. He looks like he's playing very tenative since he's been back. No real push or drive in his skating.

He looks like still having a tough time coming back from his broken leg. Not playing with the confidence he had before he broke it. And maybe he needs the final quarter of the season to get his **** together but by time playoffs begin, he should be firing on all cylinders. So long as that occurs, all will be fine.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:01 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post

I always see it as a logical evaluation on the team's makeup, i.e. the Rangers decided they could afford this mini-gamble on upside and future development. I still think that it is exactly the right and correct kind of 'gamble'.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
wrong guys out there, unfortunately the coach will always use those guys for the 4v3.
I don't even know what they were trying to do. Other teams get 4 on 3 PPs and they put two shooters up top, move it down low and try and create lanes and movement before taking a high quality shot.

The Rangers just spread out as far as they could, lobbed the puck around from their stationary positions and then McDonagh took bad shots from the half boards. Twice! First time he missed the net and it went all the way around and out. Second time it was a muffin to Greiss bc of course you're not going to score on an unscreened shot from the boards, you're not Ovechkin.

Goddamn. They key to success is movement, get the PKers to move, open lanes and find the open man. It's really not that hard to at least generate a high quality chance or two on a 4 on 3, there's so much ice.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Couple things

Staal embarrassed himself out there tonight that goal was absurd. Luckily Ryan mcdonagh had his back and played just as bad. He is one of the worst PP players I've ever seen.

There is a direct correlation between Pirri coming out of the lineup and the pp being garbage. Oscar Lindberg brings absolutely nothing to the table. Pirri on his worst day at least helps our pp. get him back in the lineup.

Puempel did not have a good response to being put back in the lineup he'll prob be out on Sunday.

The ice was a joke. Couldn't make a play.

The islanders are terrible. I'd be shocked if they made the playoffs.

Zibanejad needs to wake up and get going.

Vesey was outstanding.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

Quote:
a waste of human life
basically

02-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Couple things

Staal embarrassed himself out there tonight that goal was absurd. Luckily Ryan mcdonagh had his back and played just as bad. He is one of the worst PP players I've ever seen.

There is a direct correlation between Pirri coming out of the lineup and the pp being garbage. Oscar Lindberg brings absolutely nothing to the table. Pirri on his worst day at least helps our pp. get him back in the lineup.

Puempel did not have a good response to being put back in the lineup he'll prob be out on Sunday.

Vesey was outstanding.
The ice there really is a problem. Every Islanders game I watch the puck is bouncing all over like a bouncy ball. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the Islanders players that they have to play on it 41 times a year.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Couple things

Vesey was outstanding.
In all fairness, when was the last time Puempel played before tonight?

You can't expect someone who's been a healthy scratch a while to suddenly come into a game against a hated rival on the road and play good.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:31 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Deserved better. Really controlled that third period.

But you know what, when you win five or six in a row that you should have lost, the universe comes to collect.
We get it man, none of our wins are deserved.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:35 PM
darko

Quote:
lmao now everyone's pining for brassard

classic

Not surprised. Some people shouldn't be allowed to post after a loss until they sleep it off.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:43 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I think Mika will be back. We saw him doing some pretty good stuff earlier in the season. He can do that again, he will do that again. I liked Brassard a lot. Water under the bridge. Would do that trade again 10 out of 10 chances.

This.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

I'm not worried about Zibanejad he'll be fine but I'm sure he knows he needs th be a lot better.

The Hayes line took the night off. The ice had a lot to do with that.

But the real perpetrators tonight were our two top dmen. Staal and mcdonagh. Disgraceful performances from them on both sides of the puck.

Mcdonagh on 4-3 shooting twice from his back foot from the boards with no screen. Just asinine.

If puck is running thru Pirri (or shattenkirk) we score no doubt in my mind.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:47 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Im always a glass half full guy but we should try to move 5 and 18 this season. I hate to say it but they just are not doing it not that any of our dmen are playing well.
I'd move them for a 6-pack of root beer and an autographed St. Louis Blues puck in return. Problem is, everyone else can see how horrific they are. They kill both the defense AND the offense, and allow the other team to set up shop in our defensive zone. IMO they're the reason we can't play puck possession. I could read War and Peace in the time it takes them to get out of the zone.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I'd move them for a 6-pack of root beer and an autographed St. Louis Blues puck in return. Problem is, everyone else can see how horrific they are. They kill both the defense AND the offense, and allow the other team to set up shop in our defensive zone. IMO they're the reason we can't play puck possession. I could read War and Peace in the time it takes them to get out of the zone.
G has to be bought out after this season, and a trade has to probably be explored for Staal.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:58 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
G has to be bought out after this season, and a trade has to probably be explored for Staal.
Really don't want to trade for Shattenkirk at this point unless price is a draft pick and a medium prospect. Much rather trade Staal for whatever you can get for him (5th round pick?) and free up the cap space to sign Shattenkirk in the off-season. Then buy out Girardi and maintain our forward depth.

Whether or not we lose Pirri, Lindberg, Puempel, and that ilk in the expansion draft is immaterial. Don't want to lose Miller, Hayes, Zucc, Kreider, etc. in a trade. Vesey I know is protected.

We have a good team and good management. We're building a very potent team, but this IMO isn't going to be the year we contend for the Cup. Barring injury, I think it is the Crapitals year.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
We get it man, none of our wins are deserved.
Thank you...well said.

One would think according to MH we should be 19-38-1...hah

Old
02-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Machinehead
You needa Chytil out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thank you...well said.

One would think according to MH we should be 19-38-1...hah
No, but we shouldn't be 38-19-1

Thank you for the fish, Dan Girardi!
Old
02-16-2017, 11:08 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerlnstinct View Post
You know why lol. I was writing out my beer menu today and I just brought in Straffe Hendrik. Never do that, just tired, sorry.

P.S. The beer is awesome if your into Belgian's. Maybe one of the best in the world.

Thanks for the recommendation and the great presentation in the photo. will look for it. Looks yummy!

Old
02-16-2017, 11:09 PM
jay from jersey

ummm yea

Quote:
I'm not worried about Zibanejad he'll be fine but I'm sure he knows he needs th be a lot better.

The Hayes line took the night off. The ice had a lot to do with that.

But the real perpetrators tonight were our two top dmen. Staal and mcdonagh. Disgraceful performances from them on both sides of the puck.

Mcdonagh on 4-3 shooting twice from his back foot from the boards with no screen. Just asinine.

If puck is running thru Pirri (or shattenkirk) we score no doubt in my mind.

Ive been saying this for months now. Shatty at 6mill to 6.5 a year would help this team. He isn't very fast but he is an excellent passer and has an accurate howitzer from the blueline. Even if the goalie saves it, there is almost always a juicy rebound sitting in front of the net. Unlike our point men who drill it wide and aroundd the boards and it flies out of the zone and generates an odd man rush for the other team. LOOK. This is FACT for everyone on this board to understand. If NYR wants to make it out of the first round of the playoffs, they need this guy this year. This team has no Ovy, Crosby, Matthews, McDavid, etc. They score by committee and role 3 high end second lines and a 3rd line.. In order to win in tight games, the PP needs to be near automatic, as lethal as possible. With our personnel, we need a heavy shot and a good puck distriabuter running it. I love McD, but it is not really his forte. That is ok. he is a great all around D-man. BREDEN FREAKIN SMITH or CODY Franson ain't gona cut it. IF Gorts thinks this team can win this year, make a move for shatty and go for it. If not just stand pat and lose in the first round, maybe the 2nd tops. Adding shatty makes the PP a 100% better and IMO will make staal a lot better A LA stralman years.. ANd the hysterics who say Bu but btu we have to protect McD, G, Staal OMG OMG.. just relax. option 1.Girardi will not be here anymore at the end of the season, or him or staal will be asked to waive their NTC for expansion or risk being bought out and lose a ton of money.... option 2 Have a deal in place with shatty and his agent in principal and sign him right after expansion while he is a UFA. NYR has some tricks up their sleeve still. so everyone count to ten and calm down

Last edited by jay from jersey: 02-16-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old
02-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

I don't understand people willing to throw the year away and sign shattenkirk in the summer. We've got what if we're lucky two more years with hank Nash etc with this window open. When a team in any sport ANY sport is top 4 or 5 in their league and has a chance to win a championship they do what they have to do to win and if they don't well they deal with it later. But you only get so many chances. We went a more than a decade without even being in the conversation. You owe it to this core to try and finish the job and if it costs a 25th overall draft pick so be it.

Closed Thread