HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Avs-Sens in Stockholm for new season?

Old
02-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Foppa21

vCash: 500
Avs-Sens in Stockholm for new season?

Hi,

Avs fan from Germany here (I know, it is tough these days)
Are there any news regarding that possible matchup in Stockholm in November?

regards,
Foppa21

Foppa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

I haven't heard anything for a couple weeks but what I heard that it was likely that they play two games in Stockholm in November. Probably won't hear much about it for a couple months.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 09:59 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Poor Swedes.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
My condolences to all Swedish fans. You don't deserve the magnificence that is the Colorado Avalanche.

Signed,

an Avs fan.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:40 AM
MrJonas
Ekblades of Steel

Is it booked already? Might wanna wait to see if Landeskog is even on the 17-18 roster first, since the captaincy of the two teams is the only reason they're in the discussion. I'd definitely go in any case, but I don't expect many Swedes will turn up to see the worst team in the NHL if Landeskog isn't on it.

MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 10:48 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Is it booked already? Might wanna wait to see if Landeskog is even on the 17-18 roster first, since the captaincy of the two teams is the only reason they're in the discussion. I'd definitely go in any case, but I don't expect many Swedes will turn up to see the worst team in the NHL if Landeskog isn't on it.
Meh, most Swedes dont know who Landeskog is anyway. These games are probably filled with kids and their parents.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Foppa21

I know from previous games in Europe, the time of the games was already set around February/March.

Anyway, I would travel with some friends to Stockholm, even when the Avs are not playing but it would be nice to see some games again in Europe.

There's is still hope. It can't be that bad forever....

Old
02-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Iceman

Not sure Landeskog and Karlsson can sell 13000+ tickets. The teams surely can't unless people just wanna see an NHL game live that badly.

Should've went with Rangers or Detroit vs. whatever.

Iceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Narow

Haha wonder what prices will be?
When malmö redhawks were competing in the second division tickets were 130 kronor (around 15-18 dollars).

Dont know what prices are now, probably same.

Would be hard to sell NHL game for even twice the price of that. But on second thought nhl players on larger ice may result in more and better plays so that would be nice.

Still will be interesting to see if this sells.

Narow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Ether Prodigy
Fearless Leader

It was mentioned briefly and it sounded like some time in the middle of next season but there was no date mentioned.

Ether Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Foppa21

I remember, that I paid 1300 SEK in 2008 for the Pittsburgh-Ottawa game. Can't remember the exchange rate then but definitely not cheap.

On the other side, when I'm in the Garden in NY and watch the Rangers, it's even more expensive.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Satastic
Hold onfor your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa21 View Post
I remember, that I paid 1300 SEK in 2008 for the Pittsburgh-Ottawa game. Can't remember the exchange rate then but definitely not cheap.

On the other side, when I'm in the Garden in NY and watch the Rangers, it's even more expensive.
From my quick search.. That's about $150

Satastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:07 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Not sure Landeskog and Karlsson can sell 13000+ tickets. The teams surely can't unless people just wanna see an NHL game live that badly.

Should've went with Rangers or Detroit vs. whatever.
That's too bad.

Karlsson is a special player who is usually worth the price of admission.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Narow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa21 View Post

You can go to a less important champions league man for that money. But i guess its quite the experience watching an NHL game too. Have notice that the fans dont seem so enganged compared to their european counterpart. Whats up with that? (Talking about the singing, roman candles, tifos, drums, chants etc etc is it forbidden?) All i ever hear is a Lets go *insert team name* ...honestly eveeery team say the same thing apparantly in NBA and NFL, probably baseball too?

Is that something ive missed whats the legendary bakgrund on why every team in USA chant this phrase and this phrase only? Some founder of the sports that passed who alwayd said it or what? Got to be something huge sonce every fanbase wants it.

Imagine every team in bundesliga with the same chant xD

Old
02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narow View Post
You can go to a less important champions league man for that money. But i guess its quite the experience watching an NHL game too. Have notice that the fans dont seem so enganged compared to their european counterpart. Whats up with that? (Talking about the singing, roman candles, tifos, drums, chants etc etc is it forbidden?) All i ever hear is a Lets go *insert team name* ...honestly eveeery team say the same thing apparantly in NBA and NFL, probably baseball too?

Is that something ive missed whats the legendary bakgrund on why every team in USA chant this phrase and this phrase only? Some founder of the sports that passed who alwayd said it or what? Got to be something huge sonce every fanbase wants it.

Sometimes it's "Let's go Team Name Let's go".

And sometimes it's "Go Team Name Go".

There's a great deal of variety out there.

Honestly, there's no history of singing at sporting events in North America. We do that at concerts. We're busy watching the game.

The only song I've heard people sing with any regularity is "The Good Old Hockey Game" by Stomping Tom Connors but they only play that during commercial breaks.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:49 PM
howkie

I thought Ottawa wanted to play in Gothenburg? In that case, np with selling tickets. Erik Karlsson would fill the arena by himself.

howkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Ether Prodigy
Fearless Leader

Quote:

I mean... that's the major sell. The second sell is "hey two Swedish captains!".

As for chants - there's not a need for quite as many chants because things are actually happening in hockey whereas 95% of soccer is walking.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Narow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Sometimes it's "Let's go Team Name Let's go".

And sometimes it's "Go Team Name Go".

There's a great deal of variety out there.

Honestly, there's no history of singing at sporting events in North America. We do that at concerts. We're busy watching the game.

The only song I've heard people sing with any regularity is "The Good Old Hockey Game" by Stomping Tom Connors but they only play that during commercial breaks.

Oh okay. Im sorry if i came of as ignorant its just that i thought i had just struck some bad games or something but now 50 games into my first season it is quite clear none of that are gonna happend. Big culture shock as a sports fan from Europe. If you ever find your way over try to catch an football (game) i think you would like it! (Perhaps not the game its self)

Anyways again i apologize i did not know. Thanks for the explanation.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Narow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether Prodigy View Post
I mean... that's the major sell. The second sell is "hey two Swedish captains!".

As for chants - there's not a need for quite as many chants because things are actually happening in hockey whereas 95% of soccer is walking.
Hahaha yeah it definatly is less action packed than hockey thats for sure. Its quite fun tho if you play yourself and like tactics. Also those guys run 12 km or more on average i a game gotta respect that.

Thing is tho.. we have all that here in hockey too! Atleast in finland and sweden and i hear hungarian fans are wild too. I think its a cultural thing.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Oh okay. Im sorry if i came of as ignorant its just that i thought i had just struck some bad games or something but now 50 games into my first season it is quite clear none of that are gonna happend. Big culture shock as a sports fan from Europe. If you ever find your way over try to catch an football (game) i think you would like it! (Perhaps not the game its self)

Anyways again i apologize i did not know. Thanks for the explanation.
I've been to many football matches in Europe over the years.

It's a great atmosphere. I grew up in (West) Germany and played hockey for HSV.

I was also at the World Championships of hockey in Hanover, Germany awhile back.

North American rinks can get pretty loud during the playoffs because you have close to 20,000 fans whereas most European rinks are much smaller.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Ether Prodigy
Fearless Leader

Quote:
Hahaha yeah it definatly is less action packed than hockey thats for sure. Its quite fun tho if you play yourself and like tactics. Also those guys run 12 km or more on average i a game gotta respect that.

Thing is tho.. we have all that here in hockey too! Atleast in finland and sweden and i hear hungarian fans are wild too. I think its a cultural thing.
It's not so much action but you have shifts. So skaters are always skating hard and fast whereas you don't have constant changing players in soccer and they have to walk/jog most of the time or they'd just collapse and die. It slows down soccer and makes it more strategic (and slower so more time for chants).

Old
02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Seems like it will be a go from hearing the plugged in NHL guys discussing it, I see the Ottawa angle in that Karl is the best Swedish player in the game and Alfie will be along im sure....do the Avs have any Swedes outside of Gabe? I would imagine there are a few other teams with more prominent Swedes to showcase.

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Narow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether Prodigy View Post
It's not so much action but you have shifts. So skaters are always skating hard and fast whereas you don't have constant changing players in soccer and they have to walk/jog most of the time or they'd just collapse and die. It slows down soccer and makes it more strategic (and slower so more cheering).
One of these are my team in hockey. I stand by that its a cultural thing. Its not about loudness its about unity my friends. Crowd is the 7th player an extension of the team over here. This is how we support them on the ice.

Ignore the title its was just best quickest video i found

And last post as i dont want to keep derailing this thread but youd be surprised football can be very high paced back and forth big parts of the game. The human Body can achieve incredible stamina but you are right not constantly. Many time it can be stagnant and boring so the fans are a great thing haha.

And hockey fans are nothing compared to football (soccer) fans those are on a whole other level. I freaking love tifos.

Thanks for the discusision i appreciate it and good luck in your playoff hunt!

Last edited by Narow: 02-17-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old
02-17-2017, 04:50 PM
MrJonas
Ekblades of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
Do the Avs have any Swedes outside of Gabe?
There's Carl Söderberg I guess but he has as much marketing value as a bag of rocks.

MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Raccoon Jesus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
That's too bad.

Karlsson is a special player who is usually worth the price of admission.
Yeah what am I missing here? Seems like a good matchup for some of the most talented Swedes in the league to be head-to-head. Doubt Sweden as a country is attached to any NHL teams in particular, so makes sense to feature players...at least to me. I'm open to hearing otherwise.

"What the ****, guys? It was a metaphor." --Dean Lombardi, 2015.
Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote