HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Chicago @ Nashville: 2/4/06 @ 7:00pm CT

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2006, 07:41 AM
predperson

vCash: 500
GDT: Chicago @ Nashville: 2/4/06 @ 7:00pm CT

Last time I did this, my "friends" on here made fun of me but I'll give it a try again:

Game 54
February 4, 2006 @ 7:00pm

Nashville Predators (32-15-6--70 points) vs.
Chicago Blackhawks (17-28-7--41 points)

Old
02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
PredsMan

this game tonite is only 500 tiks from sold out.

Seems suprising to me since Chicago isn't very good. Then again, it is Saturday night...and nothing competing with it.

Old
02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
MainFlame

Is Vokoun starting?

Old
02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
Last time I did this, my "friends" on here made fun of me but I'll give it a try again:

Game 54
February 4, 2006 @ 7:00pm

Nashville Predators (32-15-6--70 points) vs.
Chicago Blackhawks (17-28-7--41 points)
Nice GDT, predperson....

Old
02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Game Day Notes from NP.COM

The Nashville Predators face the Central Division rival Chicago Blackhawks tonight in the fifth of eight meetings this season and the third of four tilts at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Nashville is unbeaten in its last seven games (6-0-1) vs. Chicago dating back to March 1, 2004. The Predators are 17-16-4 all-time vs. the Blackhawks and 9-6-3 at the GEC.

The Predators jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period en route to a 5-3 win over the Blackhawks on October 25 at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. On December 15, five different Predators scored and goaltender Pekka Rinne made 36 saves in his first NHL start, a 5-3 Predators' victory at the GEC. Paul Kariya led the way with two goals and an assist and Ryan Suter scored his first career NHL goal as Nashville downed Chicago 6-1 on December 21 at the United Center. On January 8 at the United Center, Yanic Perreault scored two goals and Steve Sullivan scored his first career penalty-shot goal in the Predators' 5-1 victory.

Nashville snapped a three-game losing streak and hit the 70-point mark with a 4-3 overtime win vs. the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night. The Predators trailed the Central Division-leading Detroit Red Wings by five points heading into today's NHL action. The Red Wings were in Colorado today for an afternoon tilt vs. the Avalanche. The Predators will face the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center on Monday before beginning a home-and-home back-to-back series vs. the Red Wings on Wednesday and Thursday of next week.

Tonight is the second game of a season-high six-game road trip for Chicago. The Blackhawks are coming off a 6-5 shootout loss to the St. Louis Blues on Thursday night.

THE PREDATORS
Nashville is 14-2-1 vs. the Central Division this season… The Predators have two straight overtime wins after losing their first three overtime decisions this season… The Predators have not given up a power-play goal in their last two games, killing off 15 straight penalties… Steve Sullivan's overtime game-winning goal on Thursday night vs. Colorado was his 26th goal of the season, tying him with Cliff Ronning (26 in 1999-2000) for the franchise record for goals in a season. Sullivan, who leads the team in goals and ranks second in scoring with 47 points (26g-21a-47pts), also picked up an assist on Scott Walker's first goal, marking his 13th multi-point game of the season… Walker posted a two-goal game for the second time in his last nine games and helped the Predators improve to 14-3-3 with him in the lineup… Tomas Vokoun continues to rank among NHL leaders in wins (26), goals-against average (2.62) and save percentage (.917) after turning away a season-high 43 shots vs. the Avalanche… Mike Sillinger scored his first goal as a Predator on Thursday, giving him 12 points (9g-3a) in his last nine games… Paul Kariya, who leads the team in scoring (17g-34a-51pts), is currently on a three-game point streak (4a) and has 17 points (5g-12a) in his last 15 games… Martin Erat is on a three-game point streak (1g-2a-3pts) and has eight points (5g-3a) in his last eight contests… Yanic Perreault extended his point streak to three games (1g-2a-3pts) on Thursday and now has 13 points (6g-7a) in his last 13 tilts.

MUSIC CITY MAGIC
The Predators' win on Thursday was their 20th of the season at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Nashville has gone 20-5-1 at the GEC this season, earning 41 of a possible 52 points. The Predators are tied for second in the NHL in wins on home ice (only Carolina has more with 23) and with 15 home games remaining, Nashville is just two wins away from tying the franchise record for home wins in a season. The Predators went 22-10-9 at home in 2003-04 and made their first Stanley Cup Playoffs appearance that season.

Old
02-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I feel a beating. Similar to that which we handed them at their place in December. 6-2

Old
02-04-2006, 01:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Trotz says Z will play tonight. Our PP rejoices.

Old
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
vopatsrash

Chock full o' goodness

from the np.com morning skate blog...

"Today's morning skate at the Gaylord Entertainment Center was more like a practice. While morning skates are usually optional, 21 Predators were on the ice today participating in various drills.

Defenseman Marek Zidlicky, who has missed three games with a sore hand, was among those on the ice and he will be back in the lineup tonight against the Blackhawks, according to head coach Barry Trotz.

Forward Jordin Tootoo, who was recalled from Milwaukee today, participated in the skate as well and will be in the lineup.

Center David Legwand was out there too, and Trotz said afterward that Legwand would probably be activated after the Olympic break and possibly be sent down to Milwaukee for a few games--not so much for conditioning, but to "get his hockey game back" after being out for such a long period of time.

Absent were Scott Nichol (out for a week with a concussion), Vernon Fiddler (away because of a death in his family), and Jeremy Stevenson, who cleared waivers today and has been assigned to the Milwaukee Admirals.

Tomas Vokoun was the first goalie off the ice, so look for him to be in net tonight.

Trotz started Thursday's game using the following new line combinations...
Hordichuk-Smithson-Stevenson
Hartnell-Johnson-Walker
Stevenson-Sillinger-Erat
Kariya-Perreault-Hall
...before an abundance of special teams play forced him to return to the lines he had been using in previous games. When asked after today's skate whether he'd try the new lines again tonight, he said he was unsure."

Old
02-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Hordichuk-Smithson-Tootoo
Hartnell-Johnson-Hall
Walker-Sillinger-Sullivan
Kariya-Perreault-Erat

Most common, probably what we'll use. Sillinger and Walker are similar type players, and I see them developing some chemistry. Sullivan adds speed and playmaking ability to that line, as well as decent finishing.

Old
02-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Stars-Preds

I'm predicting a 5-2 Preds win on home ice tonight. Sullivan again sticks it to his former team scoring twice, Sillinger/Kariya/Erat also score for Nashville.

Old
02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Red Wings are winning

We need this game.
Why does every team in the WC lay down to Detroit and then try their damnest to beat us?

Old
02-04-2006, 03:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Game isn't on TV

Old
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Game isn't on TV

Yes it is. Game 10 on Center Ice, 8 pm EST

Old
02-04-2006, 04:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Yes it is. Game 10 on Center Ice, 8 pm EST
Odd, for some reason that channel wasn't showing up on my guide. Thanks, I can just set it up to record that channel at that time.

Old
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
Red Wings are winning

We need this game.
Why does every team in the WC lay down to Detroit and then try their damnest to beat us?
Yeah, Colorado failed to show up on that one. It happens. We get an assist for removing Vaananen and Hejduk from the equation.

Everyone talks about how weak the Central is, but I bet Colorado's not saying anything in that argument. They have 4 wins and 8 losses against the Central. It's the only division in the NHL in which they have a losing record.

Interestingly enough, the Northwest, considered by most to be the toughest division in hockey isn't dominating what people considered the worst division, the Central. The Central is 30-30-3 against the NorthWest.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

why, when the power play looks SO BAD...as it does early here, does trotz do NOTHING to change it? Sullivan STILL at the point, Kariya STILL on the halfboards.

Old
02-04-2006, 07:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hartnell!

1-0!

Old
02-04-2006, 07:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

WOW, what a PASS from Kariya to Perreault!

2-0!

Old
02-04-2006, 07:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Johnson makes it 3-0 on a nifty one-timer from the slot on a SWEET feed from behind the net by Hartnell. Munro is pulled, newly-reclaimed Craig Anderson is in.

This game could get ugly in the scrum department.

The bizarre thing(for us,)

our power play looked ROTTEN...but we have 3 even strength goals. How's that for a change?

Old
02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Theeere's a PP goal!

Hartnell, with his second of the game, sets a new career high with 19 goals!

Old
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If there's a "top team" with a weaker, more disorganized looking power play in the entire league, I simply don't know who it is.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

wow, the second period looks like a different game. we apparently never came back after the intermission. the power play is comical, and we've been in our end for almost the entire period.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

I'm listening to the Blackhawks radio (I like the other perspective some times) boy they act as if they are in contention for the West and we are at the bottom. They are blaming the refs for everything.

Old
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville
I'm listening to the Blackhawks radio (I like the other perspective some times) boy they act as if they are in contention for the West and we are at the bottom. They are blaming the refs for everything.
Heh, the only call that was probably incorrect was the Barnaby one, but that is only because of the timing of when they called the penalty. A lot of them have been must calls, tons of high sticks, etc...

The Blackhawks are so undisciplined, but man they have a terrific PK...

Terrific save by Vokoun on Arnason, slipping that glove in there and snatching away a goal when he was beaten soundly.

02-04-2006, 08:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

That second period was one of the worst we've played all year. The score's 4-0, but the Hawks DOMINATED us that period. Scoring chance after scoring chance, while we get...two shots, despite having a couple of power plays.

Closed Thread