HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Julien: A New Hope

View Poll Results: The Habs with Claude Julien are ________?
Better 189 60.97%
A Pretender 33 10.65%
A Contender 54 17.42%
The same old Habs 28 9.03%
Worst 6 1.94%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Victorius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No More Subban View Post
Habs will be a better team. I thought everybody was all smiles at practice yesterday. They all seemed excited and are embracing the coaching change.

Im just glad that MT is finally gone. But damn.. I can never forgive him for the Subban trade. Everybody knows he caused it.
Who ?

You ?

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:14 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More Subban View Post
Im just glad that MT is finally gone. But damn.. I can never forgive him for the Subban trade. Everybody knows he caused it.
Bergevin has to go too

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:32 PM
cave troll

Julien gets fired in february 2018, and Carbo steps in.

cave troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Chfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave troll View Post
Julien gets fired in february 2018, and Carbo steps in.
One step closer to Therrien 3.0

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:37 PM
cave troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
One step closer to Therrien 3.0
Yes, but I see Jacques Martin here in 2020 and then getting fired for his 70th birthday.

Old
02-18-2017, 03:45 PM
AshyHabs
King in the North

better but def not contenders in any way. IMO

AshyHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyHabs View Post
better but def not contenders in any way. IMO
Better? Let's be real here. It's 1 game.

I'm not even on the Julien is a savior bandwagon. He got outcoached by MT pretty often but 1 game means **** all.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Get to it Claude, make Montreal good again.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 04:05 PM
TheAntiPrice

vCash: 885
MT got the best out of these players.

Our roster consists of players who are small, not particularly fast, and unskilled.

MT wasn't the problem, the roster MB put together is.

CJ can't pull rabbit out of his hat, he'll need to work closely this summer with MB to restructure the roster.

This is a lost season, we should be tanking hard to get a top 10 pick again. MB needs to realize that he has made some mistakes and correct them in the off-season.

TheAntiPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 04:16 PM
cave troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiPrice View Post

Our roster consists of players who are small, not particularly fast, and unskilled.

CJ can't pull rabbit out of his hat, he'll need to work closely this summer with MB to restructure the roster.

This is a lost season, we should be tanking hard to get a top 10 pick again. MB needs to realize that he has made some mistakes and correct them in the off-season.
There will be no offseason for MB if we fail to enter playoff. I don't think he'll survive 1st round exit either.

Old
02-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Victorius

Quote:

Julien must regret right now to have come back behind a bench so quickly. espÍcially behind the Habs bench.

Bergevin must now do trades. They are really going down and going down fast.

Old
02-18-2017, 05:39 PM
yianik

Quote:

MB put together the roster MT wanted. When MB went out and got players MT did not like he did not play them or put them on the 4th line.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
MB put together the roster MT wanted. When MB went out and got players MT did not like he did not play them or put them on the 4th line.
Yes and no. MT wanted more "character" guys... Not necessarely small unskilled players

Old
02-18-2017, 05:50 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
Yes and no. MT wanted more "character" guys... Not necessarely small unskilled players
The character guys tend towards unskilled types because their ticket to the NHL was playing a hard nosed , give it all you got type of game. He also got some big guys, like Kassian and DSP, but they did not work out.

Old
02-18-2017, 05:51 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Julien must regret right now to have come back behind a bench so quickly. espÍcially behind the Habs bench.

Bergevin must now do trades. They are really going down and going down fast.
Regret coming back because of one game? Not likely, Julien must have saw all the probabilities and even he admitted that he has a lot of catch up work himself. One game isn't going to make him regret his decision.

Bergy must make trades though, the whole Idea of the forward group relied upon Gallagher and Pleks being top 6 guys and neither are right now. Gallagher is young but Pleks is pretty concerning and I have my doubts he will improve from here out.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 06:10 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Regret coming back because of one game? Not likely, Julien must have saw all the probabilities and even he admitted that he has a lot of catch up work himself. One game isn't going to make him regret his decision.

Bergy must make trades though, the whole Idea of the forward group relied upon Gallagher and Pleks being top 6 guys and neither are right now. Gallagher is young but Pleks is pretty concerning and I have my doubts he will improve from here out.
Unless MB can make some trades in the next week and a half, Julien will have to try these, maybe (?)

Patches- Danault - Radulov

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - DD - Shaw

Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

I am even more worried by the d-corp...

Markov - Weber (do or die with them)

Emelin - Petry (do or die with them)

Nesterov - Pateryn

Beaulieu must get his **** together
Plekky, too
Flynn - who cares ?

Old
02-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Name small players MB acquired...

Mitchell 5'11 in a trade. 4th liner
Shaw 5'11 in a trade. middle 6 player
Byron 5'9 waiver claim. middle 6 player

Defenceman
Nesterov 5'11 in a trade 6/7 D

The rest were already there. So one truly small (5'10 and under) acquired under MB and he is playing great. I must have missed someone... enlighten me.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Name small players MB acquired...

Mitchell 5'11 in a trade. 4th liner
Shaw 5'11 in a trade. middle 6 player
Byron 5'9 waiver claim. middle 6 player

Defenceman
Nesterov 5'11 in a trade 6/7 D

The rest were already there. So one truly small (5'10 and under) acquired under MB and he is playing great. I must have missed someone... enlighten me.
And he kept them.

Gallagher, DD, Andrighetto, Plekky, and frail players like Carr and Lehkonen and Flynn who are barely 6'.

Byron is fading now.

Old
02-18-2017, 06:17 PM
S Bah

The GM merely brought into his front office staff, the best available hockey people, starting with Rick Dudley/Professional Scout/Associate GM(ex-NHL PWF & ex-GM also) while retaining Head Scout Trevor Timmins/Amateur. Then with a staff 2nd to none in the NHL, they proceeded to continually sign the best available players/prospects possible, each signing made the Habs better, deeper in talent, with a definite inclination to character players. (Passionate hockey players, with athletic aims to be the best they could become, as NHLers & Stanley Cup Titles their greatest goal, along with being great teammates, whose team first desire, is a proven Stanley Cup Champions character, used in building SC winners throughout NHL history. A fact not lost to Habs teams that have won 24 SC Championships, soon to win their 25th SCC, IMHO!!!...

Claude Julien will be just the right coach, for the team Bergevin & Company have brought together in Montreal, it's going to be a wonderful spring for Habs fans. I predict a Stanley Cup Final series for our Habs these playoffs, quite possibly a SC Championship also, with many more in the future. Call me a homer if you want, you would be right, have no doubt about that or believe Dat!!!...

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The GM merely brought into his front office staff, the best available hockey people, starting with Rick Dudley/Professional Scout/Associate GM(ex-NHL PWF & ex-GM also) while retaining Head Scout Trevor Timmins/Amateur. Then with a staff 2nd to none in the NHL, they proceeded to continually sign the best available players/prospects possible, each signing made the Habs better, deeper in talent, with a definite inclination to character players. (Passionate hockey players, with athletic aims to be the best they could become, as NHLers & Stanley Cup Titles their greatest goal, along with being great teammates, whose team first desire, is a proven Stanley Cup Champions character, used in building SC winners throughout NHL history. A fact not lost to Habs teams that have won 24 SC Championships, soon to win their 25th SCC, IMHO!!!...

Claude Julien will be just the right coach, for the team Bergevin & Company have brought together in Montreal, it's going to be a wonderful spring for Habs fans. I predict a Stanley Cup Final series for our Habs these playoffs, quite possibly a SC Championship also, with many more in the future. Call me a homer if you want, you would be right, have no doubt about that or believe Dat!!!...
I envy you a lot...

Or is it alternate facts ?

Old
02-18-2017, 06:26 PM
yianik

Quote:
I envy you a lot...

Or is it alternate facts ?
LOL, me too. Good for you S Bah.

Old
02-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
And he kept them.

Gallagher, DD, Andrighetto, Plekky, and frail players like Carr and Lehkonen and Flynn who are barely 6'.

Byron is fading now.
Byron cost like 1.17M and you are ******** on his 41 pts pace. Even if he doesn't get a single point in the rest of the year, 29 points is a bargain at this price.

Find me one GM who wouldn't have kept Gallagher.

Lehkonen is doing great as a 21 yo rookie.

Andrighetto is scoring at a 26 pts pace from the bottom 6. No problem there. Buryable contract at worse.

Carr disappointed this year under MT, we'll see under CJ. Very good in AHL. Again buryable contract. Was acquired for free.

Flynn has been good when called upon. Pretty vanilla player, but hardly a horrible acquisition.

Plekanec is still very good defensively. Overpaid due to his lack of offensive production but hardly a liability or a negative player.

DD extension is a MB fail and a negative value player, yes.

You seem to be expecting a 70's Habs team to magically appear, but sorry it's not gonna happen.

Even team has bad/overpaid player IE Chicago with Kruger.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 06:36 PM
calder candidate

I didn't think much on MT as a coach but I can't see our CJ will turn thing around drastically... The coach can only do so much even if the win in the regular season they just doesn't have the tools to win 16 playoff games... Regarless who is behind the bench.

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 06:49 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
You can be tough, and I think players respek that. What they don't like is arrogance and sarcasm, and that's what Therrien was all about. It doesn't matter what type of job you do, you need to feel like respect is a two-way street, and with Therrien, it seemed he didn't feel he needed to do anything to earn players respect, that it was expected, that gets old quickly.
Nonsensical stupidity is another thing no one can respect. There's nothing wrong with being an ass, as along as there is a cogent message being conveyed. Therrien just punishes on a whim.

Throwing players under a bus publicly is something that is a huge no-no anywhere in sports, and a coach who would resort to that is a coward.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 07:41 PM
Miller Time

Just his commentary alone after the first game, as well as some players comments, show the night/day difference in coaching competence...

So nice to have a real coach in charge now.

Be patient.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote