HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Mikhail Sergachev Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2017, 09:50 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
Is Sergachev really used on LD this year in Windsor ?
I'm not sure.

But have you ever seen a RH defenceman play on the left side? No, but you see plenty of LH defencemen play on both sides. Therefore the versatility is there with Sergachev regardless of what side he plays now.

Old
02-22-2017, 10:12 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublechin View Post
I wanted both Keller and McAvoy ahead of Sergachev. Still do
Don't get me wrong, I think McAvoy is a great prospect. I think the WJC really helped him a lot, but I think Sergachev has a higher upside then him. A big guy that can skate that well and that has the offensive instincts that he has doesn't grown on trees. With McAvoy, I think the absolute upside is a Ryan McDonagh type that can do everything very well but that won't take over a game like I think Sergachev has the potential to do.

Old
02-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

Two Sergachev vs Mete showdowns incoming within the next week and a half. Both have been doing good lately...

Assuming Markov stays another 1-2 years with the Habs and toying with the possibilities that MB moves Pateryn by the TDL and that Emelin goes to Vegas, who fills bottom pairing slots next year?

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
XXXXX - XXXXX

Nesterov
Sergachev
Juulsen
Mete
Nygren
Lernout

...Juulsen and Mete probably project to take 2-3 years to make the roster (Markov's remaining years) unless they really impress at camp, and I don't think CJ would play Sergachev on the 1st pairing in his first year.

Sergachev - Lernout? Do they not complement each other well?

Nestea as 7th D, not holding my breath on Nygren...

Old
02-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
For those that follow NCAA, is his assessment of McEvoy being ahead of Sergachev accurate or is he just going off the fact McEvoy had a better World Juniors?

Looking at his statline it doesn't look like he's progressed much (offensively)..
McEvoy is one year older Sergachev and the list that CB provided factors in potential and development after being drafted. I suspect if Sergachev continues on his current path... he may be even higher on this list next year if not even playing in the NHL.

In any "prediction" list, anybody can raise question marks because it's the evaluation of one guy (or one guy and his contacts) but I looked at the list and it's solid. CB to me is probably the less bias towards any team on the whole TSN team of "experts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
I was so wrong about Keller, i really didnt think he was going to be THAT good in the ncaa, thats nuts

we had no chance at him either way, i wanted nylander bad too, but nothing wrong getting someone like sergachev 9th, 6"3 220 size and skill and skate like the wind combinations dont grow on friggin trees
Keller's pre draft stats were probably better than another prospect in last years' draft and the only reason why he was not a top 3 pick was because of his size. He's a dynamic skater with elite level offense but lets see how he adjusts when he plays in the AHL/NHL where its tougher and he will have less space. No doubt he's got offense skills! He could be the next P Kane or simlar to another habs prospect (Reway). Reway also excelled in the World Juniors and has offensive talent but when he plays with tougher competition, he struggles because he is small.

Sergachev is a solid pick and is less likey a bust than some others. He's big, can skate, and has elite level offensive skills. Those attributions are rare!

Last edited by Habaholicgolfer: 02-22-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old
02-22-2017, 11:27 AM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:
in the few times I've seen him he's been more at RD then LD but it's strange how he plays both sides in the same game as I'm not used to seeing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm not sure.

But have you ever seen a RH defenceman play on the left side? No, but you see plenty of LH defencemen play on both sides. Therefore the versatility is there with Sergachev regardless of what side he plays now.
last year Didier was playing LD on the top pairing for the IceCaps and he's a RD. The year before that Ellis did the same. I don't think it matters what side you play on, some can play either side but others just can't.

Old
02-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
in the few times I've seen him he's been more at RD then LD but it's strange how he plays both sides in the same game as I'm not used to seeing that.

last year Didier was playing LD on the top pairing for the IceCaps and he's a RD. The year before that Ellis did the same. I don't think it matters what side you play on, some can play either side but others just can't.
Was it because St-J had a surplus of RH d-men ? Or injuries ?

Old
02-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

I suspect if Sergachev can play both sides and it doesn't really matter to him, the Habs would prefer him to play the Left side due to having Petry and Weber as right handed shots and Sergachev actually shoots left. Will be interesting to see what Julien thinks about it too.

Old
02-22-2017, 11:34 AM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Was it because St-J had a surplus of RH d-men ? Or injuries ?
injuries/call ups

Old
02-22-2017, 05:22 PM
John B

Quote:
I've watched quite a few Spitfire games this year. He plays both depending on his defense partner (and perhaps the mood of the coach? lol). I've seen him paired with just about everybody in the lineup. If he's with McEneny or Chatfield, he's usually on the left, with Day he's on the right. I think I even seen him playing on the left with Nother one game. Like montreal our moderator stated he sometimes plays both during the game. On the PP I've seen him play both as well. The majority of the time I've noticed him on the right side for the PP though.

Old
02-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
I've watched quite a few Spitfire games this year. He plays both depending on his defense partner (and perhaps the mood of the coach? lol). I've seen him paired with just about everybody in the lineup. If he's with McEneny or Chatfield, he's usually on the left, with Day he's on the right. I think I even seen him playing on the left with Nother one game. Like montreal our moderator stated he sometimes plays both during the game. On the PP I've seen him play both as well. The majority of the time I've noticed him on the right side for the PP though.
That's great. Pretty sure he'll play the left side in MTL in 5 on 5 situations, but having Sergachev & Weber's bombs on the PP should be one hell of a treat.

Like having a pump-action shotgun in each hand.

...wish I could photoshop Markov's face on Yoda's body and Sergachev's on Luke's but it's not my thing. You get the visual, I'm sure.

Old
02-22-2017, 09:13 PM
dgeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm not sure.

Teppo Numminen played years on the left side.

Old
02-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Doc McKenna

Bought the family a box for tomorrows game against Saginaw. If I am not too distracted Ill give a review of how he is making out, esp away from the puck.

Old
02-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Bought the family a box for tomorrows game against Saginaw. If I am not too distracted Ill give a review of how he is making out, esp away from the puck.
The Spits are probably gonna win big. Thanks in advance for reporting on it.

Wish we could get the same kind of scouting report for the two upcoming Mete vs Sergachev showdowns...

Old
02-24-2017, 08:08 AM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

ANOTHER night of Sergachev putting 5 shots on net, 1 ast +2... 'on net', something our NHL guys were struggling with last night.

Old
02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

he's on a 6 game pts streak (8 pts), and has 15 pts in the last 11 games (only 1 game over that span did he not record a point) Also he has 5 of his 9 goals during that 11 game span.

Old
02-24-2017, 08:32 AM
zzoo

Beside the stats, is his game dominant lately ?

Old
02-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Doc McKenna

Do NOT look at the stat sheet, he is in need of 2 years AHL. I was at the game and while saginaw is a terrible team, the spits looked like a peewee team.

Ok so i watched the play but tried to concentrate on away from the puck as well...serge well not impressed. Part of the issue is almost no hits now because of the fighting rules put into place this season. So he didnt show any physicality. Neither did much of the rest of the team. He is an OK skater but not very imprssed. Positionally he did OK mostly to flipping side through the entire game. Hard to do the whole playing both side depending on d partner. Got lots of icetime, but looked bored out there. He is big and that is his biggest asset, skill wise he did not use them much last night(one game sample)

Positives.. Addidson is awesome timmins scored a massive hit with this 7th rounder. Kid plays behind the net, backchecks, all around digger. Think rad combined with gally. Has soft hand and his assist was more the big play while taking a hit to do so. Really really happy with him. Serge didnt stick out much from the other D but addison looked good compared to almost all the other fowards. Good hockey iq, only fault i caught him cheating and waiting a few time in the N zone. Though he did back check a lot otherwise.

Old
02-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Beside the stats, is his game dominant lately ?
Others who have watched him more closely can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's his style to be dominant. He's a big skating mobile defenseman who is a major threat on offense. On defense in his own end, he will be very effective but won't be a Chara or Weber type IMO.

Old
02-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

In the green corner, weighing in at 180 lbs, the #1 defenseman of the mighty London Knights, Victoooooooor.. METE!!!

...and in the blue corner, weighing in at 220 lbs, the #1 defenseman of the powerful Windsor Spitfires, Mikhail.. SEEEEERR-GA-CHEEEV!

Whoever has an online OHL subscription or is at the game should post quick hits on how they do. Thanks to anybody who can.

Old
02-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
In the green corner, weighing in at 180 lbs, the #1 defenseman of the mighty London Knights, Victoooooooor.. METE!!!

...and in the blue corner, weighing in at 220 lbs, the #1 defenseman of the powerful Windsor Spitfires, Mikhail.. SEEEEERR-GA-CHEEEV!

Whoever has an online OHL subscription or is at the game should post quick hits on how they do. Thanks to anybody who can.
Sergy played one shift on the right side and the next shift on the left side

Old
02-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Belial

Serg draw a penalty while rushing the puck

Old
02-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Serg draw a penalty while rushing the puck

That used to be Subban's thing.

Just noticed a certain Tyler Johnson is in net... he's 6'2" though.

Old
02-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Belial

Both Mete and Serg play on the PK and PP.

12 minutes in shots on net are 2:1

Old
02-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Belial

0:0 after one period, not a lot happening. Sergachev had a couple of good hits, was limping at one moment but seems to be fine...

Old
02-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Roadhouse
Lehkonen is a 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
0:0 after one period, not a lot happening. Sergachev had a couple of good hits, was limping at one moment but seems to be fine...
Stands out a bit more on the ice than Mete?

Closed Thread