HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Sergachev Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2017, 07:16 AM
smcgreg

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Belial;128622633]Yeah , great stat-watching job done by you.

You know Sergachev is a defenseman right? Just checking...

He's 5th in the league among D's for PTS/GP with 0.95, the second place guy is at 1.02...

And he's by far the youngest of the group.[/QUOTE]

and to add to this, a point that was made when he was originally picked up, but has been lost in the interim...... youngest not only in real age, but hockey age as well. He didn't start skating until 9, so, probably another 4-6 years behind that development curve, aside from the biological development. I still think the potential upside at this point is incredible taking all things into consideration. Yes, he's still rough around the edges, but still also has a lot of development still ahead of him compared to the other players he is playing against.

Old
02-25-2017, 09:34 AM
Carey Chant

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiPrice View Post
And even then Sergachev's near ppg pace is literally more than a ppg behind the league leader (who we essentially traded away for Shaw) of that league who has 108 pts in 52 games compared to Sergachev's 38 in 40 lol.
The 108 point kid is 5 7"....long road ahead to make NHL.

Old
02-25-2017, 09:55 AM
John B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Is he ready yet?
No, but he'll be in the NHL next year anyway. He wasn't ready after camp this year, but still started the season in Montreal.

Old
02-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
No, but he'll be in the NHL next year anyway. He wasn't ready after camp this year, but still started the season in Montreal.
It's common for top10 picks to get a taste of the NHL in their first season, ready or not, just to show them what it's like.

Old
02-25-2017, 10:08 AM
embracedbias

Sergachev (draft +1 season): 40 GP, 9 G, 29 A, 38 Pts, 55 PIM, 22 +/-

Defenseman 2 (draft +1 season): 71 GP, 18 G, 52 A, 70 Pts, 122 PIM, 30 +/-

Guesses?

Old
02-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Sergachev (draft +1 season): 40 GP, 9 G, 29 A, 38 Pts, 55 PIM, 22 +/-

Defenseman 2 (draft +1 season): 71 GP, 18 G, 52 A, 70 Pts, 122 PIM, 30 +/-

Guesses?
Andrew Nielsen ?

Old
02-25-2017, 10:17 AM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethazine View Post
Andrew Nielsen ?
I stand in awe of your hockey knowledge and/or google skills

Old
02-25-2017, 10:18 AM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
I stand in awe of your hockey knowledge and/or google skills
and/or inference skills

Old
02-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Yeah , great stat-watching job done by you.

You know Sergachev is a defenseman right? Just checking...

He's 5th in the league among D's for PTS/GP with 0.95, the second place guy is at 1.02...

And he's by far the youngest of the group.
I was in a box on thursday, no distractions or people bumping into me. While it was only saginaw, if i had to judge by that one game I would say 2 years(second year could be called up) in the AHL, only problem is syl is still there. My dad and cousin were also there. We compared notes after 2 periods. We all agreed he is slightly ahead of some of the players, but should be much better as an 7th OA and playing as an over ager. One game sample, but could watch him closely. If anything it might be kovalev disease. So good you just dont try???

Old
02-25-2017, 10:36 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
I was in a box on thursday, no distractions or people bumping into me. While it was only saginaw, if i had to judge by that one game I would say 2 years(second year could be called up) in the AHL, only problem is syl is still there. My dad and cousin were also there. We compared notes after 2 periods. We all agreed he is slightly ahead of some of the players, but should be much better as an 7th OA and playing as an over ager. One game sample, but could watch him closely. If anything it might be kovalev disease. So good you just dont try???
What?

Sergachev is 18yrs old, far cry from an overager......and he was drafted 9th overall, not 7th

Old
02-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
What?

Sergachev is 18yrs old, far cry from an overager......and he was drafted 9th overall, not 7th
Well its not his draft year is it mary contrary, and have you watched his play away from the puck?? He wasnt skating very hard and his agility wasnt great. Honest evaluation. I know people love to pump prospects, but i would prefer if you guys have a reality based opinion of his present state. I also know why he wasnt playing for the habs in october, but not at liberty to say.

Old
02-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Habs

Quote:
Well its not his draft year is it mary contrary, and have you watched his play away from the puck?? He wasnt skating very hard and his agility wasnt great. Honest evaluation. I know people love to pump prospects, but i would prefer if you guys have a reality based opinion of his present state. I also know why he wasnt playing for the habs in october, but not at liberty to say.
His play away from the puck really bothered me, and his decision making.

Old
02-25-2017, 11:43 AM
jfm133

Neilsen was 19.5 months older than Sergachev in his post draft year. super comparison...

Old
02-25-2017, 12:17 PM
pc_md

The kid has some sick skills and great offensive potential.

But in terms of NHL readiness, he needs A LOT of work on his play without the puck. I am wondering how many of those stating he should make the team next year have actually seen him play a full game (and not only highlights).

Old
02-25-2017, 12:26 PM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Like a reason other then hockey related??

Btw, an overager is a player that's playing in the CHL at 20yrs old.....he's 18

Old
02-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
So you watched one game, and made up your mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
The kid has some sick skills and great offensive potential.

But in terms of NHL readiness, he needs A LOT of work on his play without the puck. I am wondering how many of those stating he should make the team next year have actually seen him play a full game (and not only highlights).
What exactly are you talking about? On what should he work?

Old
02-25-2017, 12:46 PM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:

Apparently, he has to work on his play away from the puck. It's quite amazing as all other drafted prospects don't have to.....

Old
02-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:

Maybe try reading. I have watched a number of games on the local cable network, but seeing him in person is a different story. I also stated more than once that it was only one game and against a bottom feeder. But maybe you missed that again. However IMO he needs work. If beau is having problems at 4 years in the league, how is it Sergechev will be ready by the end of this season? I said he needed at minimum a year in the AHL and likely half a year more to be ready for the NHL.

But hey remember when Tinordi and Beau would be our 3-4 guys after Subban and Markov. Remember when Leblanc was a lock at 2C? How about how Big Mac and Sherbak would be on this team this year, no question! How about JDLR? Every year its the same thing with you guys. Can we stop pretending we have Marner like talent that is ready for the jump and just assess what we actually have to work with. He won't be ready next year, even in a 5-6 role. And I don't remember CJ using rookies a ton when he coached the habs. Maybe he changed in Boston.

Old
02-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Apparently, he has to work on his play away from the puck. It's quite amazing as all other drafted prospects don't have to.....
Would you say that would make a difference to being in the NHL, we have Nate and Pateryn that aren't ready according to some and they are light years ahead of him. Do you think he will replace these guys right off the bat. Guess he will somehow improve a whole ton over the summer break and leapfrog past all the guys who last year we said were ready

I don't even know what to say. You guys just wear rose coloured glasses then get disappointed when the player is stuck in the minors. He needs work, wow. It just means he won't be playing next season at the NHL.

Chuckie still sucks to some here and he did make the jump, you want to screw up another pick before the dogs/caps/quebec can help fix his game up?

BTW when you are playing after your draft, yeah it pretty much means you are playing against lesser competition and should shine. Thats the points Like an overager he is playing against lesser players.
And no it wasn't off ice. Its a legit reason and makes a lot of sense despite why we all wondered why he wasn't sent down or played. Kid took a big hit is all. Infer what you want from that.

Last edited by Doc McKenna: 02-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old
02-25-2017, 01:00 PM
pc_md

Quote:
Apparently, he has to work on his play away from the puck. It's quite amazing as all other drafted prospects don't have to....
Most other drafted prospect also won't be playing in the NHL at 20 years old. He will get there. I just think that next year is too soon.

Quote:
A few things. Instead of covering his man, he's caught watching the puck too often. He should use his body more in front of his own net to gain position. When the play goes behind his net, he doesn't seem to know where to go or what lane to block. In general, he does not show the same energy and focus with vs without the puck. None of these can't be fixed. But junior is where he belongs for now.

Old
02-25-2017, 01:04 PM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Would you say that would make a difference to being in the NHL, we have Nate and Pateryn that aren't ready according to some and they are light years ahead of him. Do you think he will replace these guys right off the bat. Guess he will somehow improve a whole ton over the summer break.

I don't even know what to say. You guys just wear rose coloured glasses then get disappointed when the player is stuck in the minors. He needs work, wow. It just means he won't be playing next season at the NHL.
I'm okay with him playing in the OHL next year, I just believe he'll be ready, that's all.

He needs to work on some parts of his game I get that, but some posters here think he's a complete failure because he has too, hence my smart ass remarks

Old
02-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Most other drafted prospect also won't be playing in the NHL at 20 years old. He will get there. I just think that next year is too soon.

A few things. Instead of covering his man, he's caught watching the puck too often. He should use his body more in front of his own net to gain position. When the play goes behind his net, he doesn't seem to know where to go or what lane to block. In general, he does not show the same energy and focus with vs without the puck. None of these can't be fixed. But junior is where he belongs for now.
That is a solid assessment. Though it may be a coaching issue, because I didn't think many of the spits looked like they knew what to do away from the puck. Though as I mentioned Addison seems to. Not sure how he was drafted in the 7th round. Kid looks solid, good skater (maybe because of low expectations) and seems to have good hockey IQ. Seems to know where to go and I think he is PPG this season. All good signs. He may never be a top 6 but he would make an excellent 3rd liner, and if you can do that with a 7th rounder its good asset management.

Old
02-25-2017, 01:19 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
I'm okay with him playing in the OHL next year, I just believe he'll be ready, that's all.

He needs to work on some parts of his game I get that, but some posters here think he's a complete failure because he has too, hence my smart ass remarks
Playing in the ohl next year wont help him improve his game. He's too good for the ohl

Old
02-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe try reading. I have watched a number of games on the local cable network, but seeing him in person is a different story. I also stated more than once that it was only one game and against a bottom feeder. But maybe you missed that again. However IMO he needs work. If beau is having problems at 4 years in the league, how is it Sergechev will be ready by the end of this season? I said he needed at minimum a year in the AHL and likely half a year more to be ready for the NHL.

But hey remember when Tinordi and Beau would be our 3-4 guys after Subban and Markov. Remember when Leblanc was a lock at 2C? How about how Big Mac and Sherbak would be on this team this year, no question! How about JDLR? Every year its the same thing with you guys. Can we stop pretending we have Marner like talent that is ready for the jump and just assess what we actually have to work with. He won't be ready next year, even in a 5-6 role. And I don't remember CJ using rookies a ton when he coached the habs. Maybe he changed in Boston.
I'm reading my friend. In the post I quoted you talk about one game! There's no mention about seeing him play plenty of times on TV...

The kid will make the team next year I can guarantee you 100%.

He can't play in the AHL next year, and there's no way they send him back to junior for another year. He has nothing more to learn down there...

Quote:

Galchenyuk is in his 5th year in the NHL and he's making the same mistakes! I think Sergachev will be fine...
And once again, no way he's returning to junior for one more year.

Old
02-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Doc's not saying the kids a bust, he's merely saying he's not NHL ready just yet

and i tend to agree with him.

Closed Thread