HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Old
02-20-2017, 11:16 AM
DXStriker

vCash: 500
Tony and Knuckles on full Anti Chucky Rant lol They even said the fact its his first year as a center is not a valid or good excuse .

DXStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:19 AM
sheed36

Nilan is the only guy that keeps saying that Galchenyuk didn't want to play center in his first few seasons.

Yet when MT told the media that Galchenyuk asked him to put him back to wing Galchenyuk said he didn't ask to me moved and wanted to play center.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Tighthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXStriker View Post
Tony and Knuckles on full Anti Chucky Rant lol They even said the fact its his first year as a center is not a valid or good excuse .
Did they mention faceoffs? There needs to be a moratorium on that.

Tighthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:24 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighthead View Post
Did they mention faceoffs? There needs to be a moratorium on that.
I don't think they did.

Everyone knows Galchenyuk isn't good in his own end but just give it a rest already. It's the same thing every day now.

Talk about some other Hab players who are awful to change things up. You have many to choose from guys instead of pinning it all on one player.

At least they're getting on Weber and his lack of hitting now and it's about time.

Old
02-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic View Post
His injuries were more a factor in these "wasted" years than the acquisition of those players. It's not like we're talking about core players here.
And if we didn't rely so heavily on him he'd either be more rested and less likely to be injured or we would could win even when he's injured.

For example when we lost Price in the ECF, Tokarski played well enough for us to win. We simply couldn't score enough goals. Had we had another top-6 winger instead of Briere we probably win that series even with Price getting injured.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:26 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Chucky is so getting traded lol This is PK all over again . Media Superfocused on his weaknesses and forget he is what 3rd in team scoring and he missed 24 games .
I am terrified about this.

It's like they're living in an alternative facts world. Chucky is our best player, and cleaaaarly going to be in the top 10-15 in scoring year over year. (As he was this year before injury.)

You'd think the media would appreciate a player with talent. It used to be a Montreal Canadiens style. Even when he was floating, Kovalev was adored, even by the media. I hope MB is living outside that bubble.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:28 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
I can't believe this board was praising Tony Marinaro during the few hours he came here to show off his song.

He's not our friend, he's not even a friend of the Habs. When will you folks get it? They would love nothing more than to run every player out of town - it's more drama for them, more sales of their pasta sauce and whatever local business they advertise, more power gravitating toward them.

Chucky was still developing last year... this year he's suddenly over-done, past-due, expired. What the hell is wrong with this picture?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:32 AM
DXStriker

Ill give them that they are finally going after weber who has been bad and never hits anyone lol I am still terrified we trade chucky for someone older and then the media will say they knew all along

DXStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I can't believe this board was praising Tony Marinaro during the few hours he came here to show off his song.

He's not our friend, he's not even a friend of the Habs. When will you folks get it? They would love nothing more than to run every player out of town - it's more drama for them, more sales of their pasta sauce and whatever local business they advertise, more power gravitating toward them.

Chucky was still developing last year... this year he's suddenly over-done, past-due, expired. What the hell is wrong with this picture?
Wait, what? As opposed to "fans" here for whom the Answer for the past five years was to dump DD, fire Therrien, fire Bergevin, etc. etc... Talk about melodrama.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Wait, what? As opposed to "fans" here for whom the Answer for the past five years was to dump DD, fire Therrien, fire Bergevin, etc. etc... Talk about melodrama.
I can lay out a plan, and did, for when Gauthier was fired and it was better than what this clown did.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
And if we didn't rely so heavily on him he'd either be more rested and less likely to be injured or we would could win even when he's injured.

For example when we lost Price in the ECF, Tokarski played well enough for us to win. We simply couldn't score enough goals. Had we had another top-6 winger instead of Briere we probably win that series even with Price getting injured.
So you're saying that resting Price would've prenvented Kreider from running into him and busting his knee?

Last year, he got hurt in November or early December, how many games had he played up until that point that he needed so much rest?

As for Tokarski, you think he played as well as Lundqvist that series? And that top 6 forward you're talking about, his name is Vanek, Bergevin got him at the deadline...with Briere already on the team...crazy I know!

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:45 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can lay out a plan, and did, for when Gauthier was fired and it was better than what this clown did.
The name calling is really what makes this post so insightful.

Old
02-20-2017, 11:45 AM
sheed36

Last season all Nilan talked about was Subban until he was traded. With Subban gone Nilan has now turned his full time attention towards Galchenyuk. If Galchenyuk is traded who will be next your next obsession Knuckles?

Old
02-20-2017, 11:47 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Have you not been here before BargainBin? It was fever-pitch, everyone going after Gauthier and how everything he did was wrong. The media was unified against him - led by Francois Gagnon in fact.

On this board we had arguments for how to manoeuvre post-Gauthier. DAChampion argued we should have a tactical tank during the lockout season, others said we should see how FA goes, some said we should trade our 3rd pick, etc.

I wanted a rebuild and full tank but I accepted that BargainBin needed to see his group for the first time, in the first season. So I was critical of his non-moves and bad moves during the first off-season (Bouillon and Colby Armstrong, you ****ing kidding me?) but understood. It was after that where the wheels flew off and we kept spinning out tires in transition years that accomplished nothing.

So that's why folks wanted Therrien and BargainBin fired. It hasn't been one year, it's been five. And we're further than ever from a Cup or a Cup run. Some are arguing that our window is closed. Imagine that - from the pieces and assets he inherited... to today. Sad innit?

Tony doesn't care. He wants to make Chucky the new pariah and run him out of town. And if he fails to run him out of town? "Chucky grew up. I'm proud of him. He got it and changed his game." It's too pathetic to even write out, it's how it works with these radio guys. Go read the previous TSN thread, Tony has no special insight into the Habs, and he sure as heck isn't a journalist - he's just stroking drama because it's fun for listeners and makes them tune in. If you accept that, listen on - but don't act like they know what they're talking about. Not after last year.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:52 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Have you not been here before BargainBin? It was fever-pitch, everyone going after Gauthier and how everything he did was wrong. The media was unified against him - led by Francois Gagnon in fact.

On this board we had arguments for how to manoeuvre post-Gauthier. DAChampion argued we should have a tactical tank during the lockout season, others said we should see how FA goes, some said we should trade our 3rd pick, etc.

I wanted a rebuild and full tank but I accepted that BargainBin needed to see his group for the first time, in the first season. So I was critical of his non-moves and bad moves during the first off-season (Bouillon and Colby Armstrong, you ****ing kidding me?) but understood. It was after that where the wheels flew off and we kept spinning out tires in transition years that accomplished nothing.

So that's why folks wanted Therrien and BargainBin fired. It hasn't been one year, it's been five. And we're further than ever from a Cup or a Cup run. Some are arguing that our window is closed. Imagine that - from the pieces and assets he inherited... to today. Sad innit?

Tony doesn't care. He wants to make Chucky the new pariah and run him out of town. And if he fails to run him out of town? "Chucky grew up. I'm proud of him. He got it and changed his game." It's too pathetic to even write out, it's how it works with these radio guys. Go read the previous TSN thread, Tony has no special insight into the Habs, and he sure as heck isn't a journalist - he's just stroking drama because it's fun for listeners and makes them tune in. If you accept that, listen on - but don't act like they know what they're talking about. Not after last year.
So we're further now, being in 1st place than when Bergevin took over the team? Cool!

I actually agree with your media rant though, but I've no idea why you're getting so riled up about it, just 2 talking heads trying to use air time. Who cares what they say?

Old
02-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Last season all Nilan talked about was Subban until he was traded. With Subban gone Nilan has now turned his full time attention towards Galchenyuk. If Galchenyuk is traded who will be next your next obsession Knuckles?
My list:

1- Beaulieu
2- Gallagher
3- Next top prospect
4- Next top prospect
5- Pacioretty
6- Price

Genesis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Belial

Quote:
What is Nilan saying about Galchenyuk that is not true?

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That's not too difficult The team is still weak down the middle, significantly inferior on D (which is expected when you trade you elite defenseman), the lineup is riddled with 4th liners, and we have less than 5 top prospects (according to the GM himself).

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:17 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
What is Nilan saying about Galchenyuk that is not true?
What he's saying is mostly true but it's all he seems to be harping on these days. How about talking about how awful some of the other Habs have been playing as well.

He just started his off the cuff show and it's all about Galchenyuk yet again. Talk about how awful the Habs offense is or anything else negative Habs related because there's a ton to pick from.

And please stop with the childish condescending attitude also Knuckles.

Old
02-20-2017, 12:17 PM
MXD

So in other words, the Habs got better because they acquired an elite D-Men in return of a non-elite one?

Seems legit.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:20 PM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
Nilan is the mouth piece of the organization! Which is why he bashes the sponsors on air! The conspiracy goes deeper then you know.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Belial

Quote:
What he's saying is mostly true but it's all he seems to be harping on these days. How about talking about how awful some of the other Habs have been playing as well.

He just started his off the cuff show and it's all about Galchenyuk yet again. Talk about how awful the Habs offense is or anything else negative Habs related because there's a ton to pick from.

And please stop with the childish condescending attitude also Knuckles.
He gets challenged by the fans like you who say he tries to get the kid out of town...

Therefore he keeps talking about him

And Chucky is considered by a lot of people to be our best forward! And he's not delivering right now.

I mean, the whole team is struggling right now but can we expect a lot more from the Byron's of this world? I don't think so...

While we should definetly expect a lot more from Chucky , he was PPG before getting injured.

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
So you're saying that resting Price would've prenvented Kreider from running into him and busting his knee?
Who knows. Price went Hextall on the devils for a similar play and was fine so it's certainly possible if he had less stress on his knee that he would've been able to keep playing that series or only miss a couple games instead of the whole series.

Quote:
Last year, he got hurt in November or early December, how many games had he played up until that point that he needed so much rest?

As for Tokarski, you think he played as well as Lundqvist that series? And that top 6 forward you're talking about, his name is Vanek, Bergevin got him at the deadline...with Briere already on the team...crazy I know!
Tokarski let in 1 goal in the game we got eliminated. Win that game and we are in game 7 with every chance to win the series. Tokarski played well enough for us to win, the whole was he better then Lundqvist question is exactly what is wrong with the team. We need our goalie to be better then other team's goalie because the rest of the team almost always plays worse then then the other team. That's what needs to change.

Now imagine a situation where instead of Briere we got a real top-6 player that offseason, and still got Vanek as a rental at the trade deadline? Doesn't that make us a strong contender?

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Genesis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
So in other words, the Habs got better because they acquired an elite D-Men in return of a non-elite one?

Seems legit.
yeah, we definitly got better this year.

Wath this we will get even better by the trade deadline:

Galchenyuk for Iginla 1 for 1.

Genesis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 01:04 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Who knows. Price went Hextall on the devils for a similar play and was fine so it's certainly possible if he had less stress on his knee that he would've been able to keep playing that series or only miss a couple games instead of the whole series.
I don't think it's possible to dissociate the injury in the ECF with going Hextall. In fact, I'm pretty sure going Hextall doesn't happen without the injury(ies), and I'm stating it as an opinion just so I don't get flagged as someone who disguise an opinion into a fact.

But that's a very factual opinion if there was ever one.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote