HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN 690 Thread IV

Old
02-20-2017, 01:06 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
yeah, we definitly got better this year.

Wath this we will get even better by the trade deadline:

Galchenyuk for Iginla 1 for 1.
We're getting worse if we make that deal.
So the same logic applies : take the opposite opinion, and you end up with a fact.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I don't think it's possible to dissociate the injury in the ECF with going Hextall. In fact, I'm pretty sure going Hextall doesn't happen without the injury(ies), and I'm stating it as an opinion just so I don't get flagged as someone who disguise an opinion into a fact.

But that's a very factual opinion if there was ever one.
All I'm saying is that it was a similar play, a guy crashing into him at high speeds. And obviously Price felt it was a similar enough play which is why he reacted the way he did. There are hundreds of potential reasons he got injured on one and not on the other. A big one is the wear and tear after a full seasons + 2 playoff rounds.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Mr_Lyle

So much overreaction in this thread. If anyone thinks the media, and especially the english media, has anything to do with influencing trades, they are out of their freakin' minds.

There's nothing wrong with saying Chucky can't play in his own end worth a damn, because he can't. There's nothing wrong with saying Price has been playing like garbage for the last 2 and a half months (with the exception of the odd game here and there) because it's true.

The entire team has played like crap and they deserve to be called out with the exception of Radu and Max. Max btw, who was called out hardcore at the beginning of the year cause he played like anus.

Gally is looking more and more like he had a couple of decent seasons and that's about all he'll be good for. Everyone in the media said he can't play the kind of game he plays long term without concequences and it's looking more and more like those consequences caught up with it.

Plecs gets even more crap on the air for doing nothing this year than Chucky.

Weber hasn't thrown a body check since last November, and he gets called out on it daily.

They harp on everyone, as well they should. It's their job.

Everyone should calm the hell down. An attack on your favorite player doesn't mean they're all hacks who don't know what they're talking about.

Knuckles can be annoying sometimes but nothing he says about Chucky is wrong. The kid has been in the league for 5 years and he can't play defence worth a damn. If you can't be bothered to learn at least a little defence, or worse yet, you're unable to grasp the concept, there's a very big problem. Whether or not he played wing or center makes no difference. He should at least have some idea how to play zone defence, he doesn't. It's actually scary cause this kid is our future. He needs to learn and learn quickly.

Be less concerned about what's being said in the media and more concerned about his play on the ice cause what's happening is terrifying.

Last edited by Mr_Lyle: 02-20-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Mr_Lyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I don't think it's possible to dissociate the injury in the ECF with going Hextall. In fact, I'm pretty sure going Hextall doesn't happen without the injury(ies), and I'm stating it as an opinion just so I don't get flagged as someone who disguise an opinion into a fact.

But that's a very factual opinion if there was ever one.
What's it's gonna be next? Alternative opinions?

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 10:51 PM
FormerLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Tony doesn't care. He wants to make Chucky the new pariah and run him out of town. And if he fails to run him out of town? "Chucky grew up. I'm proud of him. He got it and changed his game." It's too pathetic to even write out, it's how it works with these radio guys. Go read the previous TSN thread, Tony has no special insight into the Habs, and he sure as heck isn't a journalist - he's just stroking drama because it's fun for listeners and makes them tune in. If you accept that, listen on - but don't act like they know what they're talking about. Not after last year.
Sounds like you are talking about yourself. Aren't you the guy that railed against "Bustchenyuk" last year? Yup, here's your post:

Quote:
4 points, 1 goal in 11 games - completely inconsistent, slow, dim-witted on the ice. Doesn't have his stick on the ice on the powerplay, slow to react, slow to think, slow to skate, just plain stupid
Dude, you have a talent, a way with words. You are articulate and even sometimes funny. I can imagine that if Blood Simple hadn't been so successful, the Coen Brothers would be like you: banging on their keyboards, railing against imagined tyranny, and drinking Rye and 7up in the morning. All that frustration, with "O Brother" still in your fountain pen instead of your filmography.

Do you have an "O Brother", a "No Country" in your fountain pen? If you do, then put up with the inconsistent Habs, put the whiskey seven down, put pen to paper, and make better use of your creative output.

FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:28 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
McGuire has a serious hate on for the habs now lol.

On TSN1050 he bet Gord Miller a steak dinner that the Habs would not make the playoffs this season.

As for TSN690, Tony and Nilan have become unbearable lately. All they do is go back and forth ******** on Chucky. Its the same stuff week after week. Just about time to get some new material boys, because there are tons of players that deserve to be getting **** on other than Chuck.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
McGuire has a serious hate on for the habs now lol.

On TSN1050 he bet Gord Miller a steak dinner that the Habs would not make the playoffs this season.
cmon man, that's not what he said. and he didn't take miller's bait.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 11:38 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
cmon man, that's not what he said. and he didn't take miller's bait.
Edit: You're right. Just went back and listened to the segment. I blame it on TSN's anti-habs agenda. The title of the segment on TSN is: "McGuire: Gord, I'll bet you the Habs don't make the playoffs."

He never said that once lol. TSN will spin anything for hits from Leaf fans.

Last edited by NobleSix: 02-20-2017 at 11:45 PM.
NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Inkling
Same Old Hockey

I would have gone out of my way to tune in at 5 pm tonight if he had said that.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 07:27 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Half our posters wanted to get rid of Max earlier too...
Yes, they did. But to be fair they didn't know he was playing injured also.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 09:35 AM
bbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post
That & just maybe ppl see trading him can help have a more complete team! As he has huge value could probably upgrade top4 d & get a young scorer foe top 6 that can help the team more already on good contracts then letting his contract run out and having to sign him for 8+mill a year.

Ppl need to wake up!! The team needs a shake up and get rid of some players that have been here for years! Not trading young talent like galchenyuk to try and keep helping patches or vets, cause how much more leadership/players can they bring in to help a certain player before saying OK let's just trade that player and help the team instead of the player.

bbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 09:55 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
That & just maybe ppl see trading him can help have a more complete team! As he has huge value could probably upgrade top4 d & get a young scorer foe top 6 that can help the team more already on good contracts then letting his contract run out and having to sign him for 8+mill a year.

Ppl need to wake up!! The team needs a shake up and get rid of some players that have been here for years! Not trading young talent like galchenyuk to try and keep helping patches or vets, cause how much more leadership/players can they bring in to help a certain player before saying OK let's just trade that player and help the team instead of the player.
Trading one of the 5 best goal scorers over the last 5 years in the NHL is not making your team better.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:04 AM
1stLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyPrice x 31 View Post
Trading one of the 5 best goal scorers over the last 5 years in the NHL is not making your team better.
Not saying I would trade him either but what if it gave us a good D and a young center as part of a bigger deal? What about Anaheim? lots of D and Rakell, one would surely have to look at that type of deal if it was available no?

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:19 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Not saying I would trade him either but what if it gave us a good D and a young center as part of a bigger deal? What about Anaheim? lots of D and Rakell, one would surely have to look at that type of deal if it was available no?
who exactly is gonna score for you?

Montreal has 1.....ONE!!!! player who has 15+ goals

Tonight is game 60, that's embarrassing

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Runner77

vCash: 10351
Quote:

That compilation is so misleading.

They also have Radulov and Byron at 14 goals and Weber at 13. One good stretch and we have four 15+ goal scorers.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:23 AM
MXD

Quote:

The most embarassing thing with this table is its existence.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:25 AM
habtastic

Quote:

It absolutely is, but let's give CJ some time.

I know the prevailing wisdom is that we don't have the roster. I'm not convinced of that/I think MB could do something significant (not holding my breath). I'm optimistic about March. I mean, it's do or die time. I think we'll do, simply by shoring up a few holes in play and having a coach that speaks to the players/corrects in real time.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 10:59 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post
Sounds like you are talking about yourself. Aren't you the guy that railed against "Bustchenyuk" last year? Yup, here's your post:
It was actually two years ago. And there's an intrinsic difference between posting here and drawing listeners in order to keep shilling pasta as a career. Surely you'd agree? I don't create drama on air for my job.

My criticism against Galchenyuk in that one game, or for that one phase, is entirely fair to make! We're here to discuss hockey - and yes this board has gotten ridiculously political and divisive and entrenched and contrarian... but in essence we should be free to criticise or praise anyone without having it used against us. I think PK Subban's a phenomenal hockey player, maybe a bit overrated by Habs fans before this year, but I did criticise him a buncha times for hockey-related, or hockey-adjacent (leadership, sportsmanship) reasons. And I've criticised him a buncha times for the same things.

As for Chucky, I've been on record many times clarifying and expanding on Bustchenyuk. And y'know what, if at this point folks refuse to hear me out on it, it's on them. I've repeated said that I think the management and organisation is messing up his development. I've posted stats of similarly drafted players and their progression, and when they played C, and so on. I was wrong and corrected on some things, such as my standards were too a bit high for Chucky's development and point totals. I freely admit it. But I wasn't wrong about things either. And yes I criticised Chucky the player a lot (especially toward the end of the 14-15 season, where he played a handful of games at C with Max and then Therrien LIED and shoved him to LW to make room for non-NHLer David Desharnais, and then lost confidence and looked like he was skating in lead) BUT I always criticised his development an usage.

I don't think I've been too wrong, looking at it all in hindsight. The same problems I identified persist, the same lack of development is hurting Chucky, Chucky suffers from the same confidence issues as before.

Look - as soon as he was sacked, folks started saying that Therrien didn't praise anyone regularly and just punished and criticised. We deduced that early on but now know it for certain. THIS IS BAD DEVELOPMENT! Instead of the board agreeing on these things, that regressive punitive teaching/coaching is not good, we see someone criticising Chucky because his sister got him a birthday cake with dollar signs on it, and others saying that he at 23 has to face the media (when they wouldn't say that about Emelin after a bad game, or Markov when he blows a tire, or whatever disaster is Shea Weber for the past 30 games (and the next ten years).) or that now he's over-cooked, past his best before, expired, a toss-away case. But last year, when he had to claw to get ice time and line-mates from DD, he was still young and developing.

Nah. We can't have it both ways. Either he's young and need coddling or he's old and should be given some time to sort himself out. Pleks has been declining for three years now, DD has been a borderline NHLer with horrible defense and physicality his entire career, Eller was brutal for stretches - they weren't run out of town. Why should Chucky?

Quote:
Dude, you have a talent, a way with words. You are articulate and even sometimes funny. I can imagine that if Blood Simple hadn't been so successful, the Coen Brothers would be like you: banging on their keyboards, railing against imagined tyranny, and drinking Rye and 7up in the morning. All that frustration, with "O Brother" still in your fountain pen instead of your filmography.

Do you have an "O Brother", a "No Country" in your fountain pen? If you do, then put up with the inconsistent Habs, put the whiskey seven down, put pen to paper, and make better use of your creative output.
I actually studied filmmaking for my undergrad. Then I got a masters in business management. I'm currently working in consulting in a rather technical field. I'll take your worlds as a slightly backhanded compliment, and a reminder that I should be working in creative rather than whatever the hell it is now. And that I care too much about HF and the Habs. Cheers.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 09:49 AM
sheed36

Brian Wilde isn't much of a Galchenyuk fan is he? I really need to stop listening to this guy.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post
Well, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson by now. Chuck was awesome before going on the DL.

02-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

McGuire's act after we have been relieved form evil :

he's so pissed i'm lovin it!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 12:02 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson by now. Chuck was awesome before going on the DL.
No two cases are ever the same

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
We don't have enough Depth to score on multiple lines...
Trading Max when his value is high won't hurt us a bit if we get the right pieces back.
Max is somewhat unidemensional and when he's off he's way off.
My point remains that the more important games haven't suited his style of play.
Watching The NY network last night they were commenting on McDonaugh's ability to shut him down.
He has shown he can be easily neutralized and guess what in Big games he is target number one followed by limiting Weber's point shot. Add to that he is streaky with multiple scores often in Nothing games and
The situational goals that any competent forward can pot given the same opportunities linemates etc.
So we would only have to replace the goals that are Pure Max and Pure Snipe.
The recipe has not worked for quite some time we are still unable to present two scoring lines and have trouble consistently reaching that magical 3 GF needed to be considered a dangerous club.
People are so afraid of losing his goals yet more consistency and more depth would better serve this team.

Last edited by Rapala: 02-22-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Rapala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 01:25 PM
1stLineCenter

Quote:

I never said I would trade max I just said that he is one of our most valuable trading pieces that teams would want back in a trade for a number 1 center. Some of the trade proposals here are ridiculous and posters often have us trading scraps for good players and thats just not how it works. As for our lack of scoring, it looks bad but we were at one point getting a good portion of our offense from the bottom 6 and that dried up. Most(not all) competitive teams are solid at the number 1 center position and everyone agrees that we need help there.

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I never said I would trade max I just said that he is one of our most valuable trading pieces that teams would want back in a trade for a number 1 center. Some of the trade proposals here are ridiculous and posters often have us trading scraps for good players and thats just not how it works. As for our lack of scoring, it looks bad but we were at one point getting a good portion of our offense from the bottom 6 and that dried up. Most(not all) competitive teams are solid at the number 1 center position and everyone agrees that we need help there.
People don't seem to realize we have played 28 of our 60 games with two goals or less.
This despite having Max's production and if I have to hazard a guess last year was even worse.
We have tried to spread out our scoring for as long as I can remember and it is clearly not working.
The teams inability to push through tight checking is one of the reasons for this.
Essentially we aren't built to support a pure sniper when we barely show up on the scoreboard half the time. Trading Max would not hurt this team if done properly.

Rapala is online now   Reply With Quote