HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado makes deal

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 02:48 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Colorado makes deal

theres a new lineup for them tommrow....

Kariya's on IR

and Colorado just traded:

Bates Battaglia and Jonas Johansson

for

Steve Konowalchuck

Did i miss something. Is Kono worth that much? Isn't Johansson supposed to be the next coming of an offensive dynamo out of the Avalanche system ala Milan Hejduk? Pierre panicked on this trade. In the long run the Avalanche get screwed here. what do you guys think?

Old
10-22-2003, 02:52 PM
momentai

I don't know if I liked these last two moves by Pierre Lacroix. He gave up Nederost to get Worrell and now gives up Johansson to get a very good third liner in Kono. It does look like PL wants the Avs to win NOW rather than later.

The Avs don't have a great deal of prospect depth. With Sauve up with the team along with Svatos, their best players are probably Ballard and Boychuk.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I don't know if I liked these last two moves by Pierre Lacroix. He gave up Nederost to get Worrell and now gives up Johansson to get a very good third liner in Kono. It does look like PL wants the Avs to win NOW rather than later.

The Avs don't have a great deal of prospect depth. With Sauve up with the team along with Svatos, their best players are probably Ballard and Boychuk.
i agree. The Nedorost trade was just brutal. And trading Rhino for Kieth Ballard wasn't all that bright. If he wanted to win now, He should have just kept Rhinprect to play on their 3rd line. geeze, what's wrong with Pierre?

Old
10-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Skylla

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
i agree. The Nedorost trade was just brutal. And trading Rhino for Kieth Ballard wasn't all that bright. If he wanted to win now, He should have just kept Rhinprect to play on their 3rd line. geeze, what's wrong with Pierre?

Svatos is now on the IR too.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Brutal move from the avalanche ....... great!!

Old
10-22-2003, 03:24 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

what is wrong with kariya?

Old
10-22-2003, 03:26 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
what is wrong with kariya?
Out 'indefinitely' with a sprained wrist.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:34 PM
outKast*

With all of Colorado's injuries, their bottom six looks disgusting. They really need Kariya and Svatos to come back. Look at their lines

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Konowalchuk Sakic Selanne
Larsen Nikolishin McCormick
Hinote Hahl Worrell

yuck. this could get ugly fast.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Mr Sakich

with their goaltending and their "tough as crystal" defense, I am not quite ready to hand them the stanley cup.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
theres a new lineup for them tommrow....

Kariya's on IR

and Colorado just traded:

Bates Battaglia and Jonas Johansson

for

Steve Konowalchuck

Did i miss something. Is Kono worth that much? Isn't Johansson supposed to be the next coming of an offensive dynamo out of the Avalanche system ala Milan Hejduk? Pierre panicked on this trade. In the long run the Avalanche get screwed here. what do you guys think?
Take it to them tonight Oilers

Old
10-23-2003, 09:35 AM
TakkoTime

Not to forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai

That he traded Radim Vrbata for Battaglia. Vrbata and Johansson for Steve konowalchuk?!? there were pickings just as good or better on the waiver wire.

-Takko

Old
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
with their goaltending and their "tough as crystal" defense, I am not quite ready to hand them the stanley cup.
True, but they can always look for help in both areas closer to the trading deadline. If they were to, say, snag Cujo from the Wings (Detroit might not want to trade with the Avs, but they probably don't want to hang onto Cujo all season either) their goaltending take an immediate boost.

Bart

Closed Thread