HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: McPhee and his Goats

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
OT: McPhee and his Goats

Could somebody please tell me how this whole relationship started?

Its one of those inside jokes that never really went away. When did it turn from a simple post to a story for the legends which will be passed on from generation to generation into folk tale status?

Seriously, what's the story behind all this?

Old
02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
He has a thing for goats.

Old
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

As do i...

Why? Why ask such question when the questionning part is the best part of if all. No answer will satisfy you.

Old
02-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder
As do i...

Why? Why ask such question when the questionning part is the best part of if all. No answer will satisfy you.

As an east indian, I enjoy eating goats rather than... well, whatever mcphee does

Old
02-05-2006, 12:37 PM
goalchenyuk

you saw his wife ?

may be that could explain ...( joke )

Old
02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
J-D

Well, animal fetishes are commonplace here at HFboards. Another example of that is ShootOut with his sheep.

Old
02-05-2006, 01:34 PM
TroyM

Didn't he used to have an avatar of a goat? I think that's how it all began. Apparently the picture was taken as a reminder of there magical night together and well, things just spiralled from there.

Old
02-05-2006, 02:44 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

he had a picture with him and his two goats once upon a time here

Old
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Could somebody please tell me how this whole relationship started?

Its one of those inside jokes that never really went away. When did it turn from a simple post to a story for the legends which will be passed on from generation to generation into folk tale status?

Seriously, what's the story behind all this?
I'm sure the fact that he really owns a goat farm has absolutely nothing to do with it...

Next you'll be asking about his fishnet stockings. Can't the guy have any privacy?

Old
02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
It's quite simple really...........

Just think a little harder.

Old
02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Enough already!

Stop poking fun at the boards' old goat!

Old
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Enough about his goats already...

What about his daugther!!!

Old
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Huum, reunion?

I smell the good ol days!

Old
02-07-2006, 07:13 AM
mcphee

Hacks, I'll give you the truth. We moved to a rural area in 93 with more land than your average suburban slice of the pie. My wife and kids are animal lovers. Myself ? I like dogs, always thought elephants were cool, but never dwelled on the subject a whole lot.

We acquired a lot of strays, 3 or 4 cats, 2 dogs, got my youngest a few rabbits. The next step was these 'running ducks' that they heard about somewhere. I never had a problem with any of this until my wife saw a picture of these 'pygora goats' that she thought were wonderful. Well, our youngets and her best friend had a birthday and you can figure it out. They soon dominated our lives, what with their escapability rivalling Michael Vick in the pocket.

The humour,imo, is how a dull suburbanite like myself who struggles to drive a nail in straight, has become a goatherder. Sometimes in life you have moments where you just wonder how in hell you got to where you are. I had one last winter when I had to lift my friend Clover and toss her over the fence only to fall backwards,land on my back in the snow, with a heavy goat landing on me.

One of the goats died last September and I can only hope that my own passing evokes such pain in my family. Those that made the obvious souvlaki jokes are being dealt with one by one. We now have a sheep that hangs out with the remaining goat and duck. The obvious jokes about me wearing a kilt so the sound of the zipper doesn't scare the sheep are running their course.

If my count is correct, we currently stand at 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 2 barn cats,1 goat, 1 sheep and 1 duck.

You wonder why I make weird jokes on teh internet ? You wouldn't need the escape ? I didn't even mention the 3 seniors, deranged wife and hostile children under my care.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:17 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Hacks, I'll give you the truth. We moved to a rural area in 93 with more land than your average suburban slice of the pie. My wife and kids are animal lovers. Myself ? I like dogs, always thought elephants were cool, but never dwelled on the subject a whole lot.

We acquired a lot of strays, 3 or 4 cats, 2 dogs, got my youngest a few rabbits. The next step was these 'running ducks' that they heard about somewhere. I never had a problem with any of this until my wife saw a picture of these 'pygora goats' that she thought were wonderful. Well, our youngets and her best friend had a birthday and you can figure it out. They soon dominated our lives, what with their escapability rivalling Michael Vick in the pocket.

The humour,imo, is how a dull suburbanite like myself who struggles to drive a nail in straight, has become a goatherder. Sometimes in life you have moments where you just wonder how in hell you got to where you are. I had one last winter when I had to lift my friend Clover and toss her over the fence only to fall backwards,land on my back in the snow, with a heavy goat landing on me.

One of the goats died last September and I can only hope that my own passing evokes such pain in my family. Those that made the obvious souvlaki jokes are being dealt with one by one. We now have a sheep that hangs out with the remaining goat and duck. The obvious jokes about me wearing a kilt so the sound of the zipper doesn't scare the sheep are running their course.

If my count is correct, we currently stand at 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 2 barn cats,1 goat, 1 sheep and 1 duck.

You wonder why I make weird jokes on teh internet ? You wouldn't need the escape ? I didn't even mention the 3 seniors, deranged wife and hostile children under my care.

McPhee, your heartfelt story gave me a tear to my eye.

I could identify myself in your anectdote...

well, without the rural home...and the kids...

Also...no wife...no dogs either...ummm...no goats....

Oh I have a cat...

What am I talking about?

Have a nice day

Old
02-07-2006, 07:24 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
McPhee, your heartfelt story gave me a tear to my eye.

I could identify myself in your anectdote...

well, without the rural home...and the kids...

Also...no wife...no dogs either...ummm...no goats....

Oh I have a cat...

What am I talking about?

Have a nice day
Wow, other than a few details, we're living the same life.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Wow, other than a few details, we're living the same life.

I suppose but in all honesty, I liked your goat-tale

Old
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:

good stuff here...

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Old
02-07-2006, 07:39 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally

good stuff here...

Wally do you have a daughter ? I know you've got at least one boy ? I'm considering ways of protecting them from the likes of Dutchy. I've taped copies of the epic poem 'Beware of those who choose to be Pantless' on their walls,but you know what it's like, tell them they can't eat an apple ....

Old
02-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Wally do you have a daughter ? I know you've got at least one boy ? I'm considering ways of protecting them from the likes of Dutchy. I've taped copies of the epic poem 'Beware of those who choose to be Pantless' on their walls,but you know what it's like, tell them they can't eat an apple ....

I have 2 sons and one daughter...

I already promised the boys that if anybody bothers their sister , they are to kick the crap outta him, in return I'll buy them a car.

Old
02-07-2006, 08:05 AM
mcphee

Quote:

I already promised the boys that if anybody bothers their sister , they are to kick the crap outta him, in return I'll buy them a car.

2 girls so we had to teach them to fight, or at least my wife did. I know how to talk my way out of trouble, she hits.

Old
02-07-2006, 08:09 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
you saw his wife ?

may be that could explain ...( joke )
Remember the old joke. I guess neighbouring states make fun of people from Wyoming and their fondness for sheep.

Guy brings a sheep into a Wyoming bar and everyone gasps and is very uncomfortable. Bartender won't serve him. Guy says 'you're all hypocrites,you sneak behind the barn with them but if I bring one out in a date you're all upset ?'

Bartender says,' buddy that's the sheriff's wife'

Old
02-07-2006, 08:12 AM
AD

Quote:
2 girls so we had to teach them to fight, or at least my wife did. I know how to talk my way out of trouble, she hits.
girls that know how to fight!!

this is getting more interesting by the post....

screw the goats!!!! (I meant that not literally of course!...)

Old
02-07-2006, 08:13 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Remember the old joke. I guess neighbouring states make fun of people from Wyoming and their fondness for sheep.

Guy brings a sheep into a Wyoming bar and everyone gasps and is very uncomfortable. Bartender won't serve him. Guy says 'you're all hypocrites,you sneak behind the barn with them but if I bring one out in a date you're all upset ?'

Bartender says,' buddy that's the sheriff's wife'

Thats too funny.

However I cringe when I think about how these myths came about.

Old
02-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Pats Habs

Quote:

2 daughters here. Oldest just turning 13. Looks 19!! #$@$$! Fortunately she's not yet 'into boys'. Unfortunately, I was a 13 year old boy once, so I know what they're thinking! My plan is as follows: Assuming he stops by to pick her up sometime. He gives her a kiss on the cheek (since I'll be standing right there). When she goes to put on her makeup or shoes or whatever, leaving me alone with him, I will go give him a peck on the cheek and quietly and calmly whisper into his ear, "Remember this. Anything you do do my daughter, I do to you." Now, I'm actually a big softie, but I AM big and can 'look' scary, so this should work.

Now a quick joke. feel free to substitute names and animals where you feel fit.

Angus walks into his bedroom with a sheep under his arm. His wife is lying on the bed. He says, "I just wanted to let you know that this is the pig I've been sleeping with whenever you complain about having a headache." His wife says, "Angus, ya dumbarse, you should know that that's a sheep, not a pig!" Angus says to his wife, "And you should know that I wasn't speaking to you!"

...sorry.

Closed Thread