HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col - Wash Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 01:14 AM
VaporXX

vCash: 500
Col - Wash Proposal

TRADE DEADLINE PROPOSAL IF WASHINGTON IS OUT OF CONTENSION:

Avs:
Kolzig
Witt

Wash:
Tanguay
Sauve
Liles

Old
10-23-2003, 01:27 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
it's neat how liles now has trade value.. i wonder how many more we'll see him in

Old
10-23-2003, 01:30 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Replace Liles with Skoula.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Replace Liles with Skoula.
I think that is right, Skoula would have to be substituted in this trade, if for no other reason than to lessen the salary burden on the Avs.

Kolzig makes $6.5 million per season plus Witt's approximately $1.5 million, that is roughly $8 million in salary taken on by the Avs.

Tanguay, Sauve, and Liles make a total of less than $2.5 million per season, so the Avs would be taking on around $5.5 million in trade. I think that is too rich for the Avs.

Plus, after the Konowalchuk trade, I think it is even more apparent that Lacroix will not be trading for any players that add any money to payroll after the expiration of the current CBA.

I think you can safely cross out players such as Kolzig or Theodore as players that Lacroix would consider trading for, even if they are available.

The more likely candidates are Burke, or possibly Khabibulin, considering that both can be UFAs after this season. It fits with Lacroix's recent moves. Khabibulin may be a stretch considering how well the Lightning are playing, but stranger things have happened, and at a certain point you the Lightning have to decide if they are willing to lose him for nothing in the offseason.

Closed Thread