HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Weinrich

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Eric Weinrich

Available, cheap, useful player. Any interest?

Old
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
polako

i remember hating him when he was on the flyers a couple of seasons ago...maybe because of that tinted oakley visor he wears.

i guess he is an upgrade over strudwick, but strudwick is a good character guy.

Old
02-05-2006, 05:00 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
rather have Salvador from the Blues honestly.

Old
02-05-2006, 05:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
rather have Salvador from the Blues honestly.

yea or Wideman, Jackman or Matt Walker for that matter. Walker is big and young. Maybe Matt Walker and 4th for Hossa.

Old
02-05-2006, 05:18 PM
pld459666

would have to pass

He's not a bad defenceman, but doesn't have alot left in the tank and I don't think that he'd be much help to thi team right now.

Our top 6 has played well aside from the occassional mental mistakes on the part of Rosie and Malik

Eric would play the same role as Jason and I think that Strudsie has cemented himself into the fabric of this team.

Old
02-05-2006, 06:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
yea or Wideman, Jackman or Matt Walker for that matter. Walker is big and young. Maybe Matt Walker and 4th for Hossa.
With Prucha out for an undetermined amount of time, don't you think it would be unwise to go trading forwards? I'd still rather trade a pick for Witt. I watch Witter all the time here in DC, and he's still extremely solid. He'd immediately slot into our top pairing with Malik.

Old
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
GarretJoseph*

i dont know enough about him to say yes or no.. but from what ive heard is that he would be a good addition to any team.

Old
02-05-2006, 07:27 PM
eco's bones

No. He's too old and I think if we pick someone up we should try to get someone better. Witt would be a good one.

Old
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM
shoothepuck

Witt over Weinrich

Old
02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

You are missing the point. I'd rather have Witt or Jackman also but they will be much more expensive. Weinrich will come with a very low cost -- a very low draft choice or marginal prospect...Witt probably a good prospect or a second, Jackman even more. For 7th defenseman depth he could be very valuable.

Old
02-06-2006, 09:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think right now, as far as the blueline is concerned, you've got five locks (Malik, Roszival, Tyutin, Poti, Kaspar). It will be difficult and costly to upgrade from those guys. What the Rangers do need to do is upgrade from Strudwick. That said, I'm not sure Weinrich is the guy I would opt for.

02-06-2006, 06:28 PM
SML

Weinrich kind of reminds me of that Doug Lidster type of guy. He's got some high miles on him, but he's been a top 4 guy in the past and in the case of an injury, you can lean on him for a little more than usual. Yeah, he's a minus 14 this year, but he's on the worst team in the league. That's got to drag you down. If a team could rescue this guy and give him a shot in the playoffs, it may be worth their looking into. I can't imagine the cost would be that high, and i'm really not looking to tie up any cap room beyond this year. Wouldn't be the worst move ever.

Old
02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Ummm, you guys realize that the Rangers are almost tied for 2nd in the league in GAA, and after tonight will be 11th in the NHL in shots allowed....

The defense is fine. The forwards need to back-check more and stop making neutral zone turnovers...I know the defense has been guilty of some goof ups, but so has every other team this season. I watch the Dallas Stars a lot, who are first in the NHL in shots allowed and one of the league's top teams, and I see Zubov and Klemm and Boucher turn the puck over at their own line...did you see Sat's game against lowly St. Louis?

That being said, Dallas isn't going to change their blueline anytime soon, unless Boucher's out for longer.

I understand trades are fun to talk about and makes up for boring off days, but the Rangers have a very formidable top-6

Malik -- very very steady. I see why he was 2nd in the league in +/- last season

Kaspar -- still one of the hardest hitting d-men in the league, and has played more disciplined since the 1st 2 months

Poti -- he finished the 1st half really strong, and ever since his GWG against TB at the Garden, he's been playing a very reliable two-way game. Still needs to shoot the puck more.

Tyutin -- another major turnaround from a slow start. One of the best rookie d-men out there, and we finally have a point man with a legitimate cannon.

Roszival -- say what you want about the giveaways -- the numbers don't lie. Yeah, it's true that he can't carry the puck into his own zone without it breaking into little pieces, but the good far outweighs the bad. His goofs have cost the Rangers at best 3-4 points in the standings, and to be honest with you, we talk about Rachunek returning...why? Roszival has had a solid season, and could finish with a +30...

Strudwick -- another unsung hero. Even played wing a couple of times when asked. He's another guy that wasn't blessed with the best of hands or ice vision, but he's also been dependable and a selfless player that I think is what this team is all about.

I know the Rangers haven't been great while playing with a lead in the third period, but getting a guy like Witt or Salvadore won't make much of a difference. Those two play on losing teams, and Salvadore's hurt.

In conclusion, this team is fine the way it is. The numbers don't lie.
To become an elite team, they need a Redden-type, but sorry guys, d-men like Redden and Chara will have to wait till next off season. For now, let's play with what we have and see where it takes us. So far, they haven't disappointed.

Old
02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
SML

You say the numbers don't lie, and to an extent I agree. But keep in mind that we have been remarkably lucky in the injury department. Now while you may call Strudwick an "unsung Hero" I see him as a 7th defenseman who has managed to play top 6 minutes. He is beginning to get in over his head as it is. Now what happens if one of the top 4 guys goes down? Or two? Then, my friend, we are up the creek without a paddle. Strudwick is a good fill in guy. He plays his heart out. But he is not a top 4 guy. So if things are "fine" as you say, and we make NO moves to bolster our D, what is your solution should we have a Dman or two go down for any length of time? Getting a veteran guy at a low price with no cap hit for next year is exactly what this team should be looking into.

Old
02-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Janerixon

sather will defintely make a move for a d-man, weinrich, is defintely not my top choice, but if he could be had cheap and by cheap i mean a later round pick or just a mid tier grinder type prospect that we happen to have a good amount of as oppossed to a witt who is going to be a costly player to acquire than i by all means go for weinrich

however id like to see whats out there

but as sml said weve been very lucky in the injury department and depth is what we need, yeah we have pock in the minors and maybe staal once his season is over, but i wouldnt mind getting weinrich, hes got experience, he shouldnt cost much and if i remember correctly he can play the powerplay if need be

Old
02-06-2006, 11:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
Ummm, you guys realize that the Rangers are almost tied for 2nd in the league in GAA, and after tonight will be 11th in the NHL in shots allowed....

In conclusion, this team is fine the way it is. The numbers don't lie.
To become an elite team, they need a Redden-type, but sorry guys, d-men like Redden and Chara will have to wait till next off season. For now, let's play with what we have and see where it takes us. So far, they haven't disappointed.

Thats nice. But if you can upgrade personnel, you have to

Old
02-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Thats nice. But if you can upgrade personnel, you have to
Not at the expense of the rebuild

Old
02-07-2006, 08:32 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8

The defense is fine. The forwards need to back-check more and stop making neutral zone turnovers...
Seems like this has become a weekly discussion. First of all, the forwards need to backcheck more? They do quite enough of that. Our 3rd & 4th liners can seemingly spend entire shifts helping out the defense. The second line is not that far off. Jagr's line usually spends their shift at the other end. The starting defense's overall mediocrity has nothing to do with forwards not helping them out. To the contrary, were it not for the help that they are recieving, their issues would stand out even more.
And, yes, we realized that the Rangers are tied for 2nd in GA's. However, do you realize that the primary reason for that is Henke and the penalty killing forwards?
The defense is far from fine. For all of Rozsival's improved play over the last week or so, him and Malik are still a guaranteed odd-man rush seemingly per shift. Not to mention the mandatory pass or three that is picked off every time they send the puck through the middle. Tyutin has improved and Kasper has been steady all year. After that you have to scratch your head. Rozsival and Malik would be no better than the third pairing defensemen on most other teams. Strudwick would be lucky to be in the lineup at all. And Poti is still not earning his contract.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
=Rozsival and Malik would be no better than the third pairing defensemen on most other teams.
Last I looked Rozival is +26, 4th or 5th in the league. Malik is in the high teens after leading the league when he played in Vancouver and was a first pair defenseman with Jovanowski. For third pairing defensemen they aren't half bad. I used to have a boss that always said "don't bring me pretty, bring me effective" -- neither of these guys are pretty but they've been pretty effective this year..

Old
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
Last I looked Rozival is +26, 4th or 5th in the league. Malik is in the high teens after leading the league when he played in Vancouver and was a first pair defenseman with Jovanowski.
Please see the numerous discussions that deal with the +/- and Rozsival & Malik's stats.

Closed Thread