HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Vegas Expansion talk here -who do the Bruins protect

View Poll Results: How would you approach the expansion draft?
Protect just the 8 skaters + 1 goalie in the OP 14 11.48%
Add C. Miller + Beleskey to the protected list 10 8.20%
Add C. Miller + an inexpensive forward (ie. Schaller) to the protected list 68 55.74%
Add a D-man that isn't C. Miller + 1 forward to the protected list (Who?) 24 19.67%
I disagree with the 8 players being kept in the OP to begin with (Comment below) 6 4.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2017, 05:05 PM
  #51
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 7,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
this stuff just confuses me, just not one who can wrap his head around the whole thing, if anyone can simplify it for me I`d be grateful
I`m probably making it more complicated than need be
If it doesn't confuse you, you aren't normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Agree on the others but I would gladly keep
McQuaid. Thanks.
Me too if Chiller was already protected but C.Miller has more of an upside/future IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I would protect Chiller. I would not protect Spooner, his inability to take never mind win a faceoff makes him expendable IMO.
Now now, he did win a faceoff last night against the Kings.
I didn't think of Spooner when I voted but I would've said to protect C.Miller and Spooner and not Schaller but didn't realize about Spoons.
BTW, I still think that there would be a team willing to pony up something for Spoons because of his ability to fly and carry the puck deep, especially during the PP.

Strafer is offline  
Old
02-24-2017, 07:21 PM
  #52
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
i would choose the unlisted option of acquiring a good forward by using picks/prospects, and he would be the 7th forward protected. this is a good chance for sweeney to take advantage of a team with a surplus. as for D, colin miller for sure.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
02-24-2017, 07:29 PM
  #53
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i would choose the unlisted option of acquiring a good forward by using picks/prospects, and he would be the 7th forward protected. this is a good chance for sweeney to take advantage of a team with a surplus. as for D, colin miller for sure.
Vegas is legitimately going to be able to pull in a whole group of #4's and trade them off to teams at a premium in July.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline  
Old
02-24-2017, 08:06 PM
  #54
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
rocketdan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Vatrano is exempted right?

I would assume colin miller is the other D.... But you never know , could be Mcquaid. Mcquaid is well liked

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
02-24-2017, 08:13 PM
  #55
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
Vatrano is exempted right?

I would assume colin miller is the other D.... But you never know , could be Mcquaid. Mcquaid is well liked
It'll be C-Miller, and then Vegas will take K Miller. We'll end up keeping Quader anyway.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
02-25-2017, 08:53 AM
  #56
BruinLVGA
Registered User
 
BruinLVGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Right. Second year pro.
Good. Thank you

BruinLVGA is offline  
Old
02-26-2017, 12:07 PM
  #57
wintersej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
It'll be C-Miller, and then Vegas will take K Miller. We'll end up keeping Quader anyway.
I don't know if I am 1000% convinced the Bruins protect Colin over Kevan suddenly.

Assuming Colin gets taken...

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid
KMiller McAvoy

And you are looking to add a LD for the post Chara years and THEN ship out one of Kevan/McQuaid.

wintersej is offline  
Old
02-26-2017, 12:26 PM
  #58
Lord Ahriman
Registered User
 
Lord Ahriman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
I don't know if I am 1000% convinced the Bruins protect Colin over Kevan suddenly.

Assuming Colin gets taken...

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid
KMiller McAvoy

And you are looking to add a LD for the post Chara years and THEN ship out one of Kevan/McQuaid.
They are going to protect C.Miller, that's pretty safe to say.

Lord Ahriman is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 11:26 AM
  #59
JCRO
Blue line dangles
 
JCRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
Figure a nice bump is in order post playoff run as some opinions may have changed.

Including my own.

JCRO is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 11:43 AM
  #60
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
I think K. Miller raised his stock a bit, but I still think we only should be running a team that McQuaid and K. Miller aren't in our top 4.

I think the order of value to the Bruins currently probably goes as following:
K. Miller
C. Miller
A. McQuaid

Order of value for the future is:
C. Miller
K. Miller
A. McQuaid

Point being, unless involved in a trade agreed to be taken, McQuaid suits up next season for the Bruins no matter what.


I still protect C. Miller, knowing K. Miller is much more attractive than McQuaid at the moment, and we run the next season without K. Miller, but still, have McQuaid and C. Miller.

McQuaid and K. Miller are redundant and 5-6 million on 2 bottom pair defensemen combined isn't a good use of cap space.

This all may be moot, as Joe Morrow may have made a case for Vegas to snatch him up, less pressure, can be given ice time, he'll hit his prime after Vegas has been in the league for several years.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
  #61
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRO View Post
Figure a nice bump is in order post playoff run as some opinions may have changed.

Including my own.
Mine too. With the way K.Miller played to close the season, he's got value. Either you trade him for a good forward or you protect him from Vegas.

Right now, I would give a 1st and Hayes to Vegas for them taking Beleskey in the expansion draft.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 12:00 PM
  #62
northeastern
Registered User
 
northeastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I go with C. Miller and Schaller. Moore may be more valuable, but, at age 36, Vegas may shy away. Then Sweeney can decide to re-sign him. I'd try to trade for a RW (Virtanen?) and expose Schaller, Nash, Hayes and Beleskey.
I agree.

northeastern is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 12:18 PM
  #63
Mount Kramer Cameras
Registered User
 
Mount Kramer Cameras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
I think K. Miller raised his stock a bit, but I still think we only should be running a team that McQuaid and K. Miller aren't in our top 4.

I think the order of value to the Bruins currently probably goes as following:
K. Miller
C. Miller
A. McQuaid

Order of value for the future is:
C. Miller
K. Miller
A. McQuaid

Point being, unless involved in a trade agreed to be taken, McQuaid suits up next season for the Bruins no matter what.


I still protect C. Miller, knowing K. Miller is much more attractive than McQuaid at the moment, and we run the next season without K. Miller, but still, have McQuaid and C. Miller.

McQuaid and K. Miller are redundant and 5-6 million on 2 bottom pair defensemen combined isn't a good use of cap space.

This all may be moot, as Joe Morrow may have made a case for Vegas to snatch him up, less pressure, can be given ice time, he'll hit his prime after Vegas has been in the league for several years.
I'd say it's not necessarily too bad - McQuaid's contract runs out just as Carlo and McAvoy require new deals, which is nice timing. K. Miller's deal expires the year after too.

A top 6 D corps of Chara, McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, McQuaid and K. Miller would cost roughly $16m next year, and the league average seems to hover around the $20-22m mark, so it's decent value.

It's a tough decision, no doubt about it.

Mount Kramer Cameras is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 01:15 PM
  #64
Tampbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,011
vCash: 500
I would be blown away if C. Miller is protected. He was the 6th D all year, and by several minutes. The 5 D in front of him and now Macavoy as well were all far more trusted. C. Miller does have the most upside, but he is furthest from it and is least likely to reach his potential. He could keep getting better the next several years and end up a solid top 4 D, but he isn't on the verge of it right now. I know people love his skating and shot, but he needs to get more of his game rounded out. He is supposed to be helping out the O, but still just managed to tie Killer in points.

Tampbear is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 01:39 PM
  #65
iReckless
Registered User
 
iReckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
K. Miller and Spooner, I like K. Miller, but he is also 29 years old and Chiller is only 24.

iReckless is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 02:08 PM
  #66
JRull86
Registered User
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abington
Country: United States
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Add a D-man that isn't C. Miller + 1 forward to the protected list (Who?)

KMiller & any forward but Hayes/Beleskey.

I like Colin Miller, but I'd rather lose him than KMiller at this point. KMiller, for the amount of **** he's gotten around here, myself included, really took a step this year, and is the exact type of player this team needs on the bottom pairing of their defense.

JRull86 is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 02:32 PM
  #67
Fenian24
Registered User
 
Fenian24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,027
vCash: 500
Without McQuaid Bruins were 1-4 vs Ottawa in playoffs, just saying. I'm keeping McQuaid.

Fenian24 is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 02:34 PM
  #68
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
Without McQuaid Bruins were 1-4 vs Ottawa in playoffs, just saying. I'm keeping McQuaid.
I believe the absence of Krug was far more deeply felt

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 02:39 PM
  #69
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 22,580
vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
Without McQuaid Bruins were 1-4 vs Ottawa in playoffs, just saying. I'm keeping McQuaid.
There's some freakish stat somewhere, the Bruins are absolutely DREADFUL in the playoffs without McQuaid.

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 03:51 PM
  #70
PlayMakers
Moderator
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Seems like we're one of the few teams that has a protection spot to waste (at F).

I'd like to see them find a team that has talent they can't protect, and then trade for that guy.

__________________
PlayMakers is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 03:59 PM
  #71
tremha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
There's some freakish stat somewhere, the Bruins are absolutely DREADFUL in the playoffs without McQuaid.
love McQuaid and what he has done for the team over the years. Stand up guy. has one of the best death stares in the league when someone oversteps their bounds.

will most likely lose one of McQuaid, K Miller or C Miller in the expansion draft. McQuaid and K Miller are similar skill sets. C Miller is a different skill set so he should be the one protected leaving one of McQuaid or K Miller left.

Next Year:

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
C Miller

tremha is offline  
Old
04-26-2017, 04:19 PM
  #72
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
Without McQuaid Bruins were 1-4 vs Ottawa in playoffs, just saying. I'm keeping McQuaid.
Not saying it's his fault at all... but how many times does McQuaid get hurt? Considering at age 30, he's made it past 70 games a season only twice in his career... him being injured at or during the playoffs is almost a 50/50 chance. Just statistically speaking of course.

Like Quaider, but his style of play and his luck haven't always worked in our or his favor.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline  
Old
04-27-2017, 06:57 AM
  #73
JCRO
Blue line dangles
 
JCRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMakers View Post
Seems like we're one of the few teams that has a protection spot to waste (at F).

I'd like to see them find a team that has talent they can't protect, and then trade for that guy.
This.

Take advantage of the expansion draft to acquire some forward help.

Could help with the Bruins issue with protecting their D as well.


Last edited by JCRO: 04-27-2017 at 07:04 AM.
JCRO is offline  
Old
04-27-2017, 08:46 AM
  #74
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRO View Post
This.

Take advantage of the expansion draft to acquire some forward help.

Could help with the Bruins issue with protecting their D as well.
Made this thread in the trade forum to get an idea of who may be available (left unprotected. Anyone sound interesting?

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline  
Old
04-27-2017, 08:52 AM
  #75
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMakers View Post
Seems like we're one of the few teams that has a protection spot to waste (at F).

I'd like to see them find a team that has talent they can't protect, and then trade for that guy.
Makes all the sense in the world but comes back to whether the GM is creative and aggressive enough to get a deal done. Donny just seems too passive to me.

bp13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.