ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2017, 09:42 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceccles View Post
Assuming Chicago doesn't have enough salary to sign Scott darling, another option besides bishop and fleury would be to sign darling in FA.
IMO Darling would be the perfect 1A and 1B with Helly.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2017, 10:07 PM
broc

vCash: 500
What's next for jets goaltending should absolutely be new goaltending coaching.

Helle and hutch have t shown much, and definitely not enough improvement for the talent they have. What has the goaltending coaches achieved for our organization at all? We haven't had anyone become even a solid goaltender in so long it's obvious our goalie coach Wade Flaherty isnt maximizing or even helping our young goalies at all. In fact he's probably ruining them. Helle should be performing better. Hutch too.

Axe Wade Flaherty, who has done less than jack squat with top young talent. It's clear the goaltending is not progressing at the rate it should be- if at all.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 12:25 AM
10Ducky10

Trade Hutch for Halak and get the Isles to retain 30%. We get Halak for 1.9m when all is said and done.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Arthur Fonzarelli

vCash: 1804
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthole View Post
Since the beginning of the Winnipeg Jets(2.0) we have had one problem that sometimes sinks its head and hides but always seems to just keep coming back. We have Horrific Goaltending.

Here's the current options:

Let Helebuyck keep growing as a starter, Divide Time between all 3 Jets goalies(when Pav returns), Give Comrie a shot, let Comrie grow another year in the AHL, Trade, draft the heck out of Goaltenders in the next few drafts.

Here are our 2 best options on the Trade Block, if you think Jets want them let me know who they should trade for them.

• Marc Andre Fluery( 32Yrs, 6'2", 180Ibs, 3.16 GPG, 0.906 SP, 15 W's, 7 L's)
• Ben Bishop( 30Yrs, 6'7", 216Ibs' 2.55 GPG, 0.911 SP, 16 W's, 12 L's)

Who would you pick if any at all, Here are some of the top Goalie prospects for this years draft:

• Jake Oettiner( Projected: Late 1st - Early 2nd Round Pick)
•Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen( Projected: Early 2nd - Mid 2nd Round Pick)
• Keith Petruzzelli( Projected: Early 2nd - Late 2nd Round Pick)
• Stuart Skinner( Projected: Early 2nd - Late 2nd Round Pick)
• Mike Dipietro( Projected: Mid 2nd - Early 3rd Round Pick)
• Ian Scott( Projected: Late 2nd - Late 3rd Round Pick)

Sorry if you think this Thread is trash but I wanna see what other Winnipegers think on our options
I doubt Chevy puts any extra effort on drafting goaltenders. Hellebuyck (23), Comrie (21), Berdin (18), Phillips (23).

Should one be available & is the BPA then by all means, otherwise this team needs to be zoned in drafting defensemen. The current prospect situation is pitiful.

True North owns an AHL team to develop it's prospects, meanwhile of the 7 defensemen on the team this season:
- Czuczman, Stoykewych & Nogier are not Jets property
- the one getting all the ice time is Kichton will quite likely never play an NHL game
- Brian Strait...nuff said
- leaving Kostalek & Melchiori as the only prospects benefitting from pro experience.

How are Connor & Roslovic supposed to develop on a team that can't clear their zone?

Are we really putting all our hopes into Poolman (may not even sign), Niku (a 7th round pick playing overseas) & Stanley?

ALL draft effort needs to be on defence. ALL pro scouting needs to be focused on defence. ALL trades effort need to focus on bringing in defensemen.

What's next for goaltending? 2017-2018 predictions:

-a summer UFA signing to tandem with Hellebuyck
-a Comrie / Hutchinson tandem on the Moose
-Phillips to the ECHL
-Berdin continues in the USHL

Arthur Fonzarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Crocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Fonzarelli View Post
I doubt Chevy puts any extra effort on drafting goaltenders. Hellebuyck (23), Comrie (21), Berdin (18), Phillips (23).

Should one be available & is the BPA then by all means, otherwise this team needs to be zoned in drafting defensemen. The current prospect situation is pitiful.

True North owns an AHL team to develop it's prospects, meanwhile of the 7 defensemen on the team this season:
- Czuczman, Stoykewych & Nogier are not Jets property
- the one getting all the ice time is Kichton will quite likely never play an NHL game
- Brian Strait...nuff said
- leaving Kostalek & Melchiori as the only prospects benefitting from pro experience.

How are Connor & Roslovic supposed to develop on a team that can't clear their zone?

Are we really putting all our hopes into Poolman (may not even sign), Niku (a 7th round pick playing overseas) & Stanley?

ALL draft effort needs to be on defence. ALL pro scouting needs to be focused on defence. ALL trades effort need to focus on bringing in defensemen.

What's next for goaltending? 2017-2018 predictions:

-a summer UFA signing to tandem with Hellebuyck
-a Comrie / Hutchinson tandem on the Moose
-Phillips to the ECHL
-Berdin continues in the USHL
True. Czuczman is the only interesting one but not eligible unless we change his contract. I used to like Kichton but he's really fallen off this year. He actually has high hockey iq and used to rack up serious points.

Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 11:58 AM
CaptainChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
Trade Hutch for Halak and get the Isles to retain 30%. We get Halak for 1.9m when all is said and done.
Now that's a deal that any GM should be all over. It also frees up $2.0 for NYI, but still provides some goaltending backup (kinda).

CaptainChef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 03:25 PM
FinnHockeyFan

Draft Luukkonen

FinnHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:36 PM
matthole
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHockeyFan View Post
Draft Luukkonen
I would really like that, Luukkonen was my favourite Goalie Prospect. Maybe even favourite.

matthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 12:42 AM
gnp

I like This Deal-Halak

Quote:
I very much like this deal for Halak, and it's very "makeable" and affordable, and the Isles would love to dump some load. I think Halak has around a .915 save % and playing well lately-"very well" If I was Chevy I'd pull the trigger on this deal. This is the kind of deal that could take the Jets to the Cup. Playing Helly and Hutch won't cut it !!!

gnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 06:54 AM
cbcwpg

Don't see anything happening in regards to the Jets goaltending until after Las Vegas picks their team. Then we will have a better idea who's out there.

cbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 11:32 AM
jets2020champs

Quote:
Draft Luukkonen
Who is he? And what round is he expected to go?

The value of goalies are really low. Who did Tampa Bay get for Bishop?

There will be plenty of veteran goalies available this summer. The Jets needs to get a goalie who is not content to be a backup to hellebuyck. I think that was the problem back with pavelec/mason and pavelec/Montoya combo. The Jets needs someone who will want to reignite their career.

The trick is, to get someone who wants to play in Winnipeg. And I don't mean because of the city alone. They need to convince the goalie that they will improve the defensive play. So from the list of available goalies, who will want to sign with the Jets? Everyone has a price, I guess.

jets2020champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Hockeyisl1fe

Quote:
Draft Luukkonen
He looked great in the 2016 u18 WJC, but wow are his stats inconsistent this season. 91.7% in the U20 league nevertheless is pretty good I guess.

Hockeyisl1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 04:19 PM
doogie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
What's next for jets goaltending should absolutely be new goaltending coaching.

Helle and hutch have t shown much, and definitely not enough improvement for the talent they have. What has the goaltending coaches achieved for our organization at all? We haven't had anyone become even a solid goaltender in so long it's obvious our goalie coach Wade Flaherty isnt maximizing or even helping our young goalies at all. In fact he's probably ruining them. Helle should be performing better. Hutch too.

Axe Wade Flaherty, who has done less than jack squat with top young talent. It's clear the goaltending is not progressing at the rate it should be- if at all.
Well said...surely true north can find Flaherty a position with the Moose.
How about Trevor Kidd?? Lol

doogie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 10:41 PM

We start Empty Net with Perreault on defense.

51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 10:59 PM
matthole
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyisl1fe View Post
He looked great in the 2016 u18 WJC, but wow are his stats inconsistent this season. 91.7% in the U20 league nevertheless is pretty good I guess.
Really 91%? Maybe he just thought he was playing dodgeball, I couldn't find any stats or gameplay on Luukkonen pas the WJC myself. Are you sure he didn't have a .917%?

matthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Whether or not you think Hellebuyck's a future average-or-better NHL starter, I hope there's a decent Plan B for next year.

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 03:19 AM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Whether or not you think Hellebuyck's a future average-or-better NHL starter, I hope there's a decent Plan B for next year.
Me too.

I thought Hutchinson was an okay plan because if he was able to get up over .920 he stood to be a pretty enticing piece for the McPhees as a backup.

But next year there needs to be someone on top of Hellebuyck with a track record of being at-least above average.

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 03:22 AM
kunekune

Luukkonen has potential to be NHL starter but is still far far away. He is not even Liiga goalie atm. It takes at least 3-4 years for him to play in the NHL.

kunekune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 05:25 PM
FinnHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets2020champs View Post
Who is he? And what round is he expected to go?

The value of goalies are really low. Who did Tampa Bay get for Bishop?

There will be plenty of veteran goalies available this summer. The Jets needs to get a goalie who is not content to be a backup to hellebuyck. I think that was the problem back with pavelec/mason and pavelec/Montoya combo. The Jets needs someone who will want to reignite their career.

The trick is, to get someone who wants to play in Winnipeg. And I don't mean because of the city alone. They need to convince the goalie that they will improve the defensive play. So from the list of available goalies, who will want to sign with the Jets? Everyone has a price, I guess.
Ukko Pekka Luukkonen is 6'4 tall TOP ranked European goalie.
He was U18 WJC's all-star lineup goalie last April in Grand Forks when Team Finland won U18 WJC gold medal.

Luukkonen is projected to go somewhere late 1st or early 2nd round this years NHL draft.

FinnHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 05:40 PM
10Ducky10

For the 2017-2018 season, we don't need a prospect. We need a starting goalie...more than anything, we need a starting goalie.
Listening to Chevy talk about Maurice today, he is getting extended and Maurice said it was his decision to send Pavs down at the beginning of the season. Blew me away...
Chevy knows he can't go into next season with no help for Helle, the question is, who does he sign or trade for?
I'd trade for Halak...the pick we got for Staf and Hutch for Halak and they retain 30% of Halak's salary. If Halak plays well by the olympics?, give him an extension.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 06:04 PM
CaptainChef

Quote:
For the 2017-2018 season, we don't need a prospect. We need a starting goalie...more than anything, we need a starting goalie.
Listening to Chevy talk about Maurice today, he is getting extended and Maurice said it was his decision to send Pavs down at the beginning of the season. Blew me away...
Chevy knows he can't go into next season with no help for Helle, the question is, who does he sign or trade for?
I'd trade for Halak...the pick we got for Staf and Hutch for Halak and they retain 30% of Halak's salary. If Halak plays well by the olympics?, give him an extension.
Halek would be my target as well. Still have no idea why we passed on him when he could have been picked up on waivers for free.

CaptainChef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Gotaf7

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunekune View Post
Luukkonen has potential to be NHL starter but is still far far away. He is not even Liiga goalie atm. It takes at least 3-4 years for him to play in the NHL.
Right in Chevy's wheel house.

Gotaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 08:25 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
At this point, I'm considering Helle as a future NHL back up (until proves otherwise of course). So I'm not looking for Chevy to find a "1b" goalie. He needs to some how get a number one goalie with Helle being the backup.

It's obviously easier said than done, but without one, we're just going to be a bubble team or 1st round fodder.

I have no suggestions who I think are good fits or could be moved in a trade. But I'll be a couch supervisor, and just say...make it happen, Chevy!

razorsedge is online now   Reply With Quote