HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NY Anson Carter, What's your Asking Price?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Hockey Mojo

vCash: 500
NY Anson Carter, What's your Asking Price?

Thrashers would like to add a second line winger. Anson would be a good addition to the Thrashers line up!

Old
10-22-2003, 03:04 PM
AlMo

Carter is one of the players the Rangers shouldn't trade. He is younger than most on the roster and doesnt make 10 million a year.

Its everyone else they should be looking to dump.
Why don't they take Eric?

Old
10-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo
Carter is one of the players the Rangers shouldn't trade. He is younger than most on the roster and doesnt make 10 million a year.

Yeah but he's not looking very good so far in NY. 1g/5a in 16 games and -4 this year so far in only 5 games. Not sure he fits well there. Hope I'm wrong.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Mizral

I'll give ya Jarkko Ruutu and a pick for him Don't like it? Don't take it!

Old
10-22-2003, 04:28 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo

Rangers have something like 17 players up for new contracts this year, that includes most of the overpaid garbage.

Carter most certainly can be moved, while he hasn't done much himself, neither has the rest of the forwards on the team so it's unfair to just look at his stats although he's been as invisible as they would imply.

Asking price would be a equally valued defensive defenseman, preferably on the young side.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
How bout Exelby and a 3rd for Carter?

If not then maybe you could list some of the players Atlanta would be willing to give up.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral

i think Canucks can affort to do better than that.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:53 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Why jump in with a stupid comment like that? I'd expect better from a global moderator.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Blackshad

I would trade Koivu for him and maybe with something else.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:04 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Why jump in with a stupid comment like that? I'd expect better from a global moderator.

I was thinking the Exact same thing. (quite childish and unprofessional)

Old
10-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Shin Pad

How about a deal with the Flames with Gauthier being the centre piece from Calgary, and Carter being the centre piece from NYR? Obviously the Flames would have to add a pick or another player.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:21 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Pad
How about a deal with the Flames with Gauthier being the centre piece from Calgary, and Carter being the centre piece from NYR? Obviously the Flames would have to add a pick or another player.
I like it, Carter might cost too much though?

Old
10-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Hockey Mojo

To: Atlanta

A. Carter

To: New York

Foster/Safronov
Hurme/Dafoe or
Piros/#3

Old
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo

A. Carter

Foster/Safronov
Hurme/Dafoe or
Piros/#3
No deal.

Dunham
Markkanen
Blackburn

We get stuffed with Hurme or Dafoe and we don't even get compensated for talent.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo

A. Carter

Foster/Safronov
Hurme/Dafoe or
Piros/#3
From a New York prospective it's a no go. I understand the need for the Thrashers to move a goalie but we're not the place for any of'em. Here is my counter offer

To- Atlanta: Anson Carter, 3th

To- New York: Kilill Safronov, Garnet Exelby/Jim Staler, 4th

Old
10-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Whoa, settle down there. What was wrong with the comment? Mizral was just joking around...

Old
10-23-2003, 03:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Hmmm.

To ATL: Carter and fourth
To NYR: Exelby, 2nd and 3rd.

10-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Atlanta Jim

Again with the X trades

No Exelby. We've been soft on D and when we finally develop a good tough D-man we trade him? Doesn't make sense. If the Rangers are salary dumping then that usually means you don't get as much as you like. But here's a trade:

Rangers: Piros or Stefan / Safranov or Foster and a draft pick - 3rd rounder maybe

Thrashers: Carter

Both Piros and Stefan can play center or winger and both are good assists men to help Kovalev score some goals and you get a young developing D-man and a draft choice to boot. Carter while not scoring in bunches for the Rangers would look good opposite Kovalchuk on the second line or even on the first line allowing McEarchern to drop back to 2nd line.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:43 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Jim
No Exelby. We've been soft on D and when we finally develop a good tough D-man we trade him? Doesn't make sense. If the Rangers are salary dumping then that usually means you don't get as much as you like. But here's a trade:

Rangers: Piros or Stefan / Safranov or Foster and a draft pick - 3rd rounder maybe

Thrashers: Carter

Both Piros and Stefan can play center or winger and both are good assists men to help Kovalev score some goals and you get a young developing D-man and a draft choice to boot. Carter while not scoring in bunches for the Rangers would look good opposite Kovalchuk on the second line or even on the first line allowing McEarchern to drop back to 2nd line.
Rangers are salary dumping?

that isn't the case, Rangers would only make the trade if it betters them.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:46 AM
Atlanta Jim

Its not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Rangers are salary dumping?

maybe in your dream world but that just isn't the case, Rangers would only make the trade if it betters them.
At some point they will have to trade some of those big contract because even though its 5 or 6 games into the season it ain't workin' in Rangerland ....again. I'm willing to bet Carter goes before Kovalev and nobody will take Lindros.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:47 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
At some point they will have to trade some of those big contract because even though its 5 or 6 games into the season it ain't workin' in Rangerland ....again. I'm willing to bet Carter goes before Kovalev and nobody will take Lindros.
they're are 1-0-2 their last 3 games, which is more then half the "season", if you want to say things aren't working in the first 5 games though then ok, I guess that means NJ and Colorado are last place teams as well.

Rangers have 17 players going off the payroll this season, most are the overpaid garbage.

Nobody will take Lindros? err sure there buddy, 57 point season is considered an off year, you're telling me no one would take that, plus he's only tied up for one year.

and if anything Carter would be the last to go for a salary dump, he only makes around 3 mill for this year

some of the names who are UFA/RFA after this season include: (guesstimated salary amount)
Bure 10
Lindros 6
Malakhov 5
Mironov 3
Richter 5
Carter 3
Kovalev 5

Old
10-23-2003, 05:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

I think you're off here. I don't think the Rangers are looking to trade any of those three.

This team has made too many moves over the last three seasons or so, the best move they can make is no move right now. It's hard to create a system and get some synergy and continuity when you keep changing the cast of characters.

And at 1-2-2, I think its a little premature to say that things aren't working. Lots of season left.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Atlanta Jim

Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think you're off here. I don't think the Rangers are looking to trade any of those three.

This team has made too many moves over the last three seasons or so, the best move they can make is no move right now. It's hard to create a system and get some synergy and continuity when you keep changing the cast of characters.

And at 1-2-2, I think its a little premature to say that things aren't working. Lots of season left.
The Rangers have never been scared to wheel and deal and while it is early they look a lot like the same type of team from the past two years. IMO if there is a big trade this early part of the season it will involve the Rangers. Seeing that we are looking for a scoring winger and given the Rangers past history of trading a lot it would be a good match. And the Atlanta GM has said the Thrashers are willing to pick up a salary if that's what it takes.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
The Rangers have never been scared to wheel and deal and while it is early they look a lot like the same type of team from the past two years. IMO if there is a big trade this early part of the season it will involve the Rangers. Seeing that we are looking for a scoring winger and given the Rangers past history of trading a lot it would be a good match. And the Atlanta GM has said the Thrashers are willing to pick up a salary if that's what it takes.

If thats the case, then I think the Rangers can get a better deal for Carter elsewhere.

The Rangers are not looking to dump salary and don't act like the Thrashers willingness to pick up salary means the Rangers would accept a lowball offer.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:59 AM
Atlanta Jim

Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
If thats the case, then I think the Rangers can get a better deal for Carter elsewhere.

The Rangers are not looking to dump salary and don't act like the Thrashers willingness to pick up salary means the Rangers would accept a lowball offer.
With the talent they have no doubt Slather has several teams calling.

Closed Thread