HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town Thread - 2017, Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

vCash: 500
The Hanzal trade does not prove this year prices are high. It proves this year draft is considered as garbage by NHL executives.

Old
02-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Dunn's father is a friend of mine. He must not be very happy right now. They are really trying to work on his anger management problems. Like really hard. Doesn't seem to be working.
Seems to me Gabriel was out of line for approaching Dunn like that though.

Old
02-26-2017, 08:47 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Are the Bruins more talented than the Habs? They seem to be much better assembled.
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Cehlarik-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Spooner-Hayes

vs.

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw

You can definitely make the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
The Hanzal trade does not prove this year prices are high. It proves this year draft is considered as garbage by NHL executives.
It's a little both, imo.

With this market and draft year, I wonder if even Plekanec could have been moved while we were sellers last year for a high pick.

02-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Old
02-26-2017, 09:14 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Not necessarily. It could also mean that Hanzal was particularly sought after which drove up the price. Guys with his size and defence don't grow on trees and are particularly useful in the playoffs. Did people really think he'd go for much less?

Old
02-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
This is as close as "What the **** just happened" you will ever find....

Old
02-26-2017, 09:24 PM
TheAntiPrice

vCash: 1380
Senators win and keep pace with us.

Those two games against each other in few weeks will probably decide the division.

Old
02-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Not necessarily. It could also mean that Hanzal was particularly sought after which drove up the price. Guys with his size and defence don't grow on trees and are particularly useful in the playoffs. Did people really think he'd go for much less?
Seriously it's not even such a big price... I was sure at least a decent prospect would be involved...

Old
02-26-2017, 09:28 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I have a feeling Habs may end up just getting a guy like Doan or Iginla. Veteran player but past their prime. If they go that route I wouldn't mind Vanek coming back because at least he is having a good year and I think will do better under Julien's system.

Old
02-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Is Doan living on another planet?

How can he be surprised that Hanzal was traded?

Old
02-26-2017, 09:32 PM
LaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Seriously it's not even such a big price... I was sure at least a decent prospect would be involved...
It's not just for Hanzal too. From what i heard the yotes retains half. Needs to be considered.

Old
02-26-2017, 09:34 PM
PaulD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Are the Bruins more talented than the Habs? They seem to be much better assembled.
Pasternak is going to be a superstar. He is the most talented player of both teams.

Old
02-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Two more points by PK... 13 in his last 9. Glad to see it.

02-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Adam Michaels

I'm actually happy Ottawa won. If Florida won, they'd get within 6 points of us. Ottawa might be just behind us, but at least they kept Florida 8 points behind. I'd rather just have 1 or 2 teams breathing down our necks than have 3 or 4 of them getting in close.

Old
02-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Two more points by PK... 13 in his last 9. Glad to see it.
For PK Subban fans (like me!):
here's an update...45games...8goals...20assists...29pts...06 2pts per game...his 0.62 would be top 6 among NHL dmen if he didn't miss any games. EDIT thanks to ''Lafleurs Guy''...31pts...which would put him in top 5...IF he didn't miss any games (talking about his average of pts per game).

I still say Subban is one of the best every year (especially for playoffs)...and will always be among my favorite for the best TWO-WAY playoff dmen (Keith, Doughty, PK Subban, Hedman, B.Burns, Letang for offense not defense,etc).

Who needs Subban? We have Captain-Pacioretty...he will help our Habs go to the CUP Finals with his gritty all-heart playoff play (bitter ...!!).

---------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

Doan's reaction to Hanzal being traded?!:
Why was Doan surprised? Strange...!!
(maybe they were good buddies and it's more about missing him than anything else??!haha!!?).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-26-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old
02-26-2017, 09:50 PM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
For PK Subban fans (like me!):
here's an update...P.K. Subban...45games...8goals...20assists...29pts...06 2pts per game...his .62 owuld be top 6 among NHL dmen if he didn't miss any games.

I still say Subban is one of the best every year (especially for playoffs)...and will always be among my favorite for the best TWO-WAY playoff dmen (Keith, Doughty, PK Subban, Hedman, B.Burns, Letang for offense not defense,etc).

Doan's reaction to Hanzal being traded?!:
Why was Doan surprised? Strange...!!
(maybe they were good buddies and it's more about missing him than anything else??!haha!!?).
I think he might have wanted management to re-sign him? idk

Old
02-26-2017, 09:54 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 656
MIN really going for it all purely on depth... at this rate they'll have three lines that can really contribute offensively with several real good two-way players too.

Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Niederreiter - Staal - Coyle
Parise - Hanzal - Pominville
Stewart - Haula - White

Old
02-26-2017, 09:58 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
MIN really going for it all purely on depth... at this rate they'll have three lines that can really contribute offensively with several real good two-way players too.

Stewart - Haula - White
This could be their year to go deep. They have a team that can play playoff hockey. It will be interesting though since they are in a hard division but on paper they are a great team. They have a good D group too.

Old
02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Maybe,you know, he's tired of playing for the Expos of hockey.

Yotes are a joke of an organisation.

Old
02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post

Stewart - Haula - White
With the D they got and with the way Dubnyk is playing if they don't get to the final it will be a massive choke, to be honest.

Old
02-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Probably (I overlooked that one! assuming he knew Hanzal was ''big time'' rumored in last few months). And, maybe my reaction is the strange one since I forget that even though some teams are not in a playoff position it's hard to see your GM not sign your important players. Maybe this is the case with Doan? (the ironic part is...he might be next!!?).

Doan's value these days?:
3rd or 4th rnd pick? (or higher? 2nd rnd pick?).

Quote:
With the D they got and with the way Dubnyk is playing if they don't get to the final it will be a massive choke, to be honest.
Imo, if they make it to the Conference Finals and lose to Chicago or L.A. in 7...that still won't be bad. ''Massive choke'' (imo) will be a 1st rnd exit! That would be terrible for them. Conference Finals...6-7 games...also good for the owner ($$...!!).

Yeah, but they surely are looking better and better...and it all started with the acquisition of E.Staal (a la very cheap). He was made for playoffs (I take E.Staal over Joe Thornton...for playoffs).

Minn: let's remember...one or two key injuries before the playoffs (or during rnd 1) could change everything. Minn should have added Bishop!!? Imagine...6'7 Dubnyk and 6'6 Bishop!!!!!

I'm hoping L.A. could make the playoffs...Chicago, Minn, Edmonton and McDavid, St-Louis, San Jose, and maybe L.A. (if they make it) would make for a very entertaining playoffs

So happy our Habs are not in that Conference! (yet, it still doesn't look like we're taking advantage of a weaker Conference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
This could be their year to go deep (Minnesota). They have a team that can play playoff hockey. It will be interesting though since they are in a hard division but on paper they are a great team. They have a good D group too.
Get your popcorn out...could be an interesting playoffs (from the good Conference!)...Chicago, Minnesota, Edmonton finally in playoffs (can't wait to see how McDavid delivers when it counts), St-Louis, San Jose, L.A. (hoping they make it 'cause Playoffs-Doughty is fun to watch).

Wondering if Bergevin could find a way to make us better vs Rangers, Pitts, Wash for playoffs...any day now...any day!! (but still hoping for no overpayment).

No over-payment (unless we're almost guaranteed to win a CUP!?):
<Petry-esque dman for a 2nd+5th (became a 4th).
<Diaz for Weise.
<Vanek for 2nd (I forget what we gave?), but it was worth the risk even though he was GARBAGE in playoffs...garbage... can't pin this on Bergevin since most Hab fans loved the acquisition).

Vanek probably wishes he was still in Minn where he has a chance at a CUP. But, Vanek is no playoff warrior...quite the opposite (at least that what we saw when he played for our Habs in playoffs...huge zero/bum/floater...just staying away from any contact to get that big UFA contract with Minnesota).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-26-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old
02-26-2017, 10:14 PM
PaulD

Quote:
Huge disappointment yes. Choke? No.

Old
02-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Huge disappointment yes. Choke? No.
What's the difference?

Old
02-26-2017, 10:44 PM
jfm133

Hanzal trade is similar to Andrew Ladd trade last year (2016 1st round pick, Dano and conditionnal 2018 3rd round pick). Both were rentals and the price is crazy. Chicago lost in the first round last year and they also gave away Danault and a 2018 2nd round pick for Weise and Fleischman. That's crazy and shows that these rentals offer no guarantee to win. Stay away from stupid rentals.

Old
02-27-2017, 03:23 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm133 View Post
Hanzal trade is similar to Andrew Ladd trade last year (2016 1st round pick, Dano and conditionnal 2018 3rd round pick). Both were rentals and the price is crazy. Chicago lost in the first round last year and they also gave away Danault and a 2018 2nd round pick for Weise and Fleischman. That's crazy and shows that these rentals offer no guarantee to win. Stay away from stupid rentals.
I'm with you (''stay away from stupid rentals'').

But...

I'm all for smart (or semi-cheap) rentals.

Petry was a rental...until we re-signed him before he went ufa (all for a 2nd + 5th...which became a 4th...not bad for Petry). So, very smart rental.

Vanek was terrible in palyoffs (garbage floater who would get rid of the puck to avoid any sort of contact...never saw such a bad/shameful non-performance in my life, but...it was a good risk to take since Bergevin didn't overpay to TRY him).

Weise and Fleischmann:
to be fair...I really thought Chicago would go on to win another CUP or at least get to the Finals (with the extra help of Weiser and the Fleisch-man). Actually, I feel that Chicago could win a CUP every year!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-27-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Closed Thread