James Neal upside?

whats he projected to do?

so far hes have a great year

just curious

Old
02-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Stars-Preds

vCash: 500
Neal has quitely become one of the best prospets in our system. I saw him play in training camp in Frisco and he looks like a great prospect. This season he's basically equalled his point total in less games (43 points in 49 games this season, 44 points in 69 games last season).

Hard to project what type of player he's going to be. Seems like he's been playing more left wing than center this season so that should factor into his future.

Obviously, he's still a few years away from the NHL but I think he has a good chance to make it to the pros.

Old
02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Dr GLU

It hard to say a lot without seeing him night to night. He's improving statistically, but I think he's got more in him than even his production this year.

He has shown that he can score at a much higher pace than he currently is (compare 1st halves vs. 2nd halves, and it'll stick out like a sore thumb). I suspect that he just needs to mature physically, and this will change. He's very, very lanky right now, and I question whether he has the stamina and strength to hold up over the course of a season without wearing down. Given time to gain muscle and endurance, he could become more than a PPG junior player.

Of course, I could be wrong, too.

Old
02-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Leafs 67 and Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU
It hard to say a lot without seeing him night to night. He's improving statistically, but I think he's got more in him than even his production this year.

He has shown that he can score at a much higher pace than he currently is (compare 1st halves vs. 2nd halves, and it'll stick out like a sore thumb). I suspect that he just needs to mature physically, and this will change. He's very, very lanky right now, and I question whether he has the stamina and strength to hold up over the course of a season without wearing down. Given time to gain muscle and endurance, he could become more than a PPG junior player.

Of course, I could be wrong, too.
Glu

You are not wrong about Neal. He is a very physical player this year in Plymouth and plays the PP & PK. He is always on the ice in key situations and has scored some highlight real goals this year. He also has been involved in a few scraps and can really hold is own. He reminds me of another Oshawa native Jason Arnott.

In time I predict Neal will be a real bright spot for the Stars.

Closed Thread