HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brad Marchand is the best ice hockey player in the world right now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2017, 08:26 AM
  #101
jgatie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 500
You only have to look at this post by the OP to realize what he's all about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Orr is incredibly overrated as a hockey player.

He had immense talent, there is no doubt, but just watch the Bruin collapse in 1971 versus the Habs where they went from leading 5-1 to losing 7-5. Orr was on the ice for all of the Habs goals...he was tremendous versus California and St. Louis, but not so good when it counted most.
Marchand is having a great year, certainly top 10 and one of the best two way players in the game. Electrifying and fun to watch. But he's not Crosby or even McDavid. Arguing with a poster who said the above numerous times is buying into his silly "I'm going to post something everyone disagrees with just to get attention! Ooh, ooh, look at me!" shtick. Ignore him, you will be better for it.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 08:27 AM
  #102
PensBandwagonerNo272
Forgot About Sid
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,804
vCash: 500
Could make an argument that he is top 10 right now. I mean there are no arguments for him over the Crosby's and McDavid's and Burns' and Karlsson's and Ovechkin's of the world.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 08:28 AM
  #103
Number8
Jacobs Must Go
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
1) I hate the "best in world right now" threads.
2) Brad Marchand is not the best in the world.


That said, he's a fantastic hockey player and I'm thrilled he's a Bruin.

Number8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 08:49 AM
  #104
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,649
vCash: 500
Not sure if this is a serious thread or a joke.

I don't know if Brad Marchand would crack my top 30 players in the league.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 08:56 AM
  #105
Rubberneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
on the one hand, you want to respect marchand because he is obviously fearless and plays like a lunatic.....on the other hand, i wonder if the guy really isn't an actual lunatic. if you can beat pk subban in a fight, and then you go and try and fight johnny gaudreau.....that would seem to suggest the guy is not playing with a full deck. it's like....those dads who beat up the kids on their children's baseball team, rubber truck.

Rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:03 AM
  #106
agreen36
Boo
 
agreen36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,397
vCash: 500
To summarize - Brad Marchand is not the best player in the world. He's my favorite player and I am 100% ready to agree with that. The huge majority of Bs fans will too. He's also not better than Crosby good lord.

However, he has been the best player in 2017 so far. Could be a perfectly timed hot streak, could be the rest of year. Who knows. Stanley Cup 2011 is completely irrelevant - I don't know why the OP is bringing that up it's hurting his argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Not sure if this is a serious thread or a joke.

I don't know if Brad Marchand would crack my top 30 players in the league.
Then your top 30 players list is pure crap

agreen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:11 AM
  #107
LeafsRockForBabcock
We have good people.
 
LeafsRockForBabcock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 50
Sorry, that title belongs to Laine.

LeafsRockForBabcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:12 AM
  #108
KirkAlbuquerque
Registered User
 
KirkAlbuquerque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Country: Israel
Posts: 1,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Troll View Post
Marchand isn't even the best player on his own team.
Yes he is.

KirkAlbuquerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:15 AM
  #109
b in vancouver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Can't we just agree that Marchand and Bergeron are playing amazing hockey without exagerratting - I love watching Marchand as he's one of the most exciting players out there and hope he wins the Art Ross - but I don't think he's even the best player on his line.

better argument is that Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak/Backes is the the best line in the NHL

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:42 AM
  #110
TheBluePenguin
Registered User
 
TheBluePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: St Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 9482
Every time I see threads like these, I always just feel sorry for the normal level headed Bruins (Or which ever team of that post). You will have people thinking that all Bruin fans agree with this ludicrous topic, same goes for the completely lopsided trade proposals on this board.

TheBluePenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
  #111
Number8
Jacobs Must Go
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Not sure if this is a serious thread or a joke.

I don't know if Brad Marchand would crack my top 30 players in the league.
And the pendulum swings from ridiculous (OP) to ridiculous (your post).

Number8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:49 AM
  #112
GrizzLeaf
Registered User
 
GrizzLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
He was also the best player in the world in the 2011 Stanley Cup run by the Bruins.
I love it when player's moms make these kinds of posts for them. You go Brad's mom

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 09:59 AM
  #113
Pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Tim Thomas had an effing 940 save percentage in that cup run. Not only was Brad Marchand not better than him but Marchand could have scored 40 points in that playoff run and I still probably would give the nod to TT. That was one of (maybe the) best performances by a goalie EVER in the playoffs.

If not for him the Sedins have a cup to their name.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:05 AM
  #114
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL
 
The Winter Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: China
Posts: 44,765
vCash: 500
He's not the best player in the world, but he is a great player in his own right. Nothing about his game that I do not like.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:06 AM
  #115
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1
 
Mc5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,698
vCash: 97
He's not even top 20. Getting hot on top of being a good player doesn't make you anywhere near the best player in the league.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
  #116
DoctrSteveBrule
Registered User
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
this thread will put PatriceBergeronFan in a tough spot of he isnt here already,

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
  #117
Sheppy
Registered User
 
Sheppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,448
vCash: 584
"Brad Marchand isn't an elite player"

90% of this board in October.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:18 AM
  #118
DoctrSteveBrule
Registered User
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
hes on a great hot streak right now.


33 points in his last 22 games.

31 points in the prior 40.


Thats not best player in the world material he's very good and playing elite hockey right now. Doesnt catapult him up the ranks

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:23 AM
  #119
jgatie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc5RingsAndABeer View Post
He's not even top 20. Getting hot on top of being a good player doesn't make you anywhere near the best player in the league.
As absurd as the OP's shtick is, he stated "right now" and "right now", Marchand is fifth in points and tied for 8th in goals. I'd like to see the tortured logic which allows you to say 5th in points and 8th in scoring is not top 20.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:25 AM
  #120
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Not sure if this is a serious thread or a joke.

I don't know if Brad Marchand would crack my top 30 players in the league.
Not sure if this post is serious or a joke. Your list would start to get pretty lean around #20

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:26 AM
  #121
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen36 View Post
To summarize - Brad Marchand is not the best player in the world. He's my favorite player and I am 100% ready to agree with that. The huge majority of Bs fans will too. He's also not better than Crosby good lord.

However, he has been the best player in 2017 so far. Could be a perfectly timed hot streak, could be the rest of year. Who knows. Stanley Cup 2011 is completely irrelevant - I don't know why the OP is bringing that up it's hurting his argument.



Then your top 30 players list is pure crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
And the pendulum swings from ridiculous (OP) to ridiculous (your post).
Maybe 30 is a bit much, 20 is more likely.

Off the top of my head players I consider better than Marchand

Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Kane
McDavid
Burns
Karlsson
Seguin
Benn
Tarasenko
Pietrangelo
Stamkos (don't discount his skill because he is hurt)
Matthews
Hedman
Tavares
Holtby
Price

That is 18 I would definitely take over him.

He is probably in the next pack of players in that 20-30 range.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:28 AM
  #122
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,394
vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
this thread will put PatriceBergeronFan in a tough spot of he isnt here already,
You will be most disappointed to know I am and I disagree with this topic. I've even said Bergeron and Marchand are not top 10 players despite being two of the best two-way forwards in the NHL. Enjoy.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:30 AM
  #123
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,417
vCash: 50
I wouldn't even have marchand in the top 20.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:30 AM
  #124
DoctrSteveBrule
Registered User
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceBergeronFan View Post
You will be most disappointed to know I am and I disagree with this topic. I've even said Bergeron and Marchand are not top 10 players despite being two of the best two-way forwards in the NHL. Enjoy.
no i meant cuz early in the thread it was said that marchand is the reason that bergeron is still decent offensively. cheers

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:38 AM
  #125
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,394
vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
no i meant cuz early in the thread it was said that marchand is the reason that bergeron is still decent offensively. cheers
It goes both ways but hard to contest it's Marchand driving the line offensively this year and a few seasons now. He plays with flash, Bergeron is about consistency and always being in the right position to make a good play. It's difficult to break down the duo and analyze Bergeron/Marchand as they're so closely integrated. I'd place Bergeron ahead defensively and Marchand ahead offensively.

I might soon become BradMarchandFan.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.