HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minor transaction, Chouinard-McLeod (Phoenix)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2005, 03:19 PM
  #1
stanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 500
Minor transaction, Chouinard-McLeod (Phoenix)

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2360.asp

Part of the Michal Handzus hair club, apparently.

stanley is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 03:26 PM
  #2
fan mao rong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: port royal , pa
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Hey, he's big (6'6 230) and once a highly regarded prospect. Looks like taking a flyer on the 2nd round choice that was traded away for Choinard. I like the deal.

fan mao rong is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,488
vCash: 50
He was a hot prospect back when Columbus didn't sign him. Almost as hyped as when Umberger was a free agent. Then he went and signed to play for the Coyotes and in recent years, when you do that, it hasn't been a very good carreer decision.

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
  #4
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Doesn't look like much to me. Trading away one player of unfulfilled promise for another one who is just bigger. I don't mind it, but I don't see it amounting to much. I personally always hoped that Chouinard would actually pan out, but he never did much of anything.

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 03:43 PM
  #5
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
I watched Kiel MacLeod play for the Falcons and Grizzlies and the guy is a bust and won't add much to the Phantoms line-up at all.

Hopefully a change of scenery, a different system and playing with different players will help him out, but I am doubting it.

IMO, the guy just has no heart. For a guy with his size, he plays very small and virtually never throws his weight around.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
  #6
BigJCaRoach
I howl
 
BigJCaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Desert
Country: United States
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
He was a hot prospect back when Columbus didn't sign him. Almost as hyped as when Umberger was a free agent. Then he went and signed to play for the Coyotes and in recent years, when you do that, it hasn't been a very good carreer decision.

sadly, very true

BigJCaRoach is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 05:24 PM
  #7
Blindside9711
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Misplaced SOB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
From the article,
Quote:
“We think that there is some potential that has yet to be tapped into. He is a player that our scouting staff has been enamored with because of his size. Every once in a while we see a glimpse of something there. He will be a little bit of a project prospect right now, but we feel because of his age and size that he is a player worth taking a chance on.”
I would tend to agree with Holmgren on these points. Chouinard's had a couple cups of coffee with the Flyers as well as the Phantoms and never amounted to anything. I think McLeod has shown glimpses and if there's any minor league system that can make something out of nothing, it's ours. He's a bit bigger (understatement) and a bit younger, which helps. Maybe the trade will give him a bit of a kick in the behind... or else John Stevens will.
I'm not saying it's a great deal or anything, but it's not a bad trade and I would have made that deal if it was proposed to me. I would think most of us would have as well.

Blindside9711 is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
  #8
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I watched Kiel MacLeod play for the Falcons and Grizzlies and the guy is a bust and won't add much to the Phantoms line-up at all.

Hopefully a change of scenery, a different system and playing with different players will help him out, but I am doubting it.

IMO, the guy just has no heart. For a guy with his size, he plays very small and virtually never throws his weight around.
Eric Daze is a name that comes to mind when I read this description.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
  #9
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Eric Daze is a name that comes to mind when I read this description.
A watered down version fo Daze

I like the move for the Flyers, however I am impartiel to Mcleod, having watched him forever in Junior, and knowing him.... Otherwise I am hoping a change fo scenary does him a world of change and he gets his stick going and starts burrying some shots.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
  #10
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
I think it's a win win deal. I'd love to see this guy trying to play defense? I mean if he has speed and he already has size maybe playing defense is something in his future it's been done before so lets see what he will do with Phantoms. I know we do not need anymore centers on this Flyers team.

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 01:49 AM
  #11
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,656
vCash: 500
bobby sure likes trading with phoenix

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 09:01 AM
  #12
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_
bobby sure likes trading with phoenix
and it works out good for the Flyers. So lets hope it's a good one again

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
  #13
vill_chouine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
From Theahl.com
Quote:
McLeod recorded one assist and 33 penalty minutes in 28 games with San Antonio this season.
1 assist in 28 games what a prospect

vill_chouine is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
  #14
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,488
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vill_chouine
From Theahl.com

1 assist in 28 games what a prospect

my emphasis on "was"

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
  #15
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Actually, I think a more telling stat is only 33 PIMs in 28 games. For a guy of his stature to average less than a penalty per game obviously shows that he does not throw his weight around.

You would think that a guy of his size would be a tremendous asset on the PP by just camping out in front and screening the goalie. If he would just do that, he would probably score 10-15 goals just by accidental deflections and rebounds alone. After watching dozens of games, he just isn't willing to take the punishment in front of the net to get this done.

Unfortunately, there isn't much room in any league for a 6'3", 230 pounder who isn't willing to hit or take a hit.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
  #16
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Actually, I think a more telling stat is only 33 PIMs in 28 games. For a guy of his stature to average less than a penalty per game obviously shows that he does not throw his weight around.

You would think that a guy of his size would be a tremendous asset on the PP by just camping out in front and screening the goalie. If he would just do that, he would probably score 10-15 goals just by accidental deflections and rebounds alone. After watching dozens of games, he just isn't willing to take the punishment in front of the net to get this done.

Unfortunately, there isn't much room in any league for a 6'3", 230 pounder who isn't willing to hit or take a hit.
6'5"-6'6", actually. Huge guy, but sounds like he is not much of a banger. We'll see.

mercury is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 03:14 PM
  #17
CarlRacki
Registered User
 
CarlRacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Eric Daze is a name that comes to mind when I read this description.
Eric Daze has four seaons of 30 or more goals. Yeah, the guy is a little soft, but he's a quality NHL player when healthy. If this kid turns out anything like Daze (particularly Daze without the bad back) the Flyers got the steal of the century.

CarlRacki is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
  #18
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlRacki
Eric Daze has four seaons of 30 or more goals. Yeah, the guy is a little soft, but he's a quality NHL player when healthy. If this kid turns out anything like Daze (particularly Daze without the bad back) the Flyers got the steal of the century.
Eric Daze was very effective when he was healthy. We'll see how McLeod is received in Philadelphia, though. Flyers fans tend not to be the biggest fan of the huge guys who are not particularly physical.

mercury is offline  
Old
12-29-2005, 04:24 PM
  #19
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Eric Daze was very effective when he was healthy. We'll see how McLeod is received in Philadelphia, though. Flyers fans tend not to be the biggest fan of the huge guys who are not particularly physical.
Very valid point. Thus, Philadelphia hockey fans are going to hate this guy!

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
02-06-2006, 01:12 PM
  #20
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
McLeod was assigned to Trenton.

Just to review this trade...

Eric Chiounard with San Antonio - 15 games, 3 g 6 a 9 pts 2 ppg 14 pims, still in the AHL
Kiel McLeod with Philadelphia - 10 games, 0 g 0 a 0 pts 0 ppg 15 pims, assigned to the ECHL.

Just as an aside, goalie Jamie Storr has 2 assists in 20 games compared to McLeod's 1 assist in 38 games!

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
02-06-2006, 07:37 PM
  #21
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,488
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
McLeod was assigned to Trenton.

Just to review this trade...

Eric Chiounard with San Antonio - 15 games, 3 g 6 a 9 pts 2 ppg 14 pims, still in the AHL
Kiel McLeod with Philadelphia - 10 games, 0 g 0 a 0 pts 0 ppg 15 pims, assigned to the ECHL.

Just as an aside, goalie Jamie Storr has 2 assists in 20 games compared to McLeod's 1 assist in 38 games!

maybe Mike Barnett actually hosed us for once

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-06-2006, 08:07 PM
  #22
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
maybe Mike Barnett actually hosed us for once
I think that after Barnett hung up the phone with Clarke when the deal was done, he fell out of his chair laughing hysterically.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
02-06-2006, 08:15 PM
  #23
Zoo
Registered User
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I think that after Barnett hung up the phone with Clarke when the deal was done, he fell out of his chair laughing hysterically.
While Clark talks too himself... 6'6 230lbs yeah !! 6'6 230lbs yeah !!

Zoo is offline  
Old
02-06-2006, 08:34 PM
  #24
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
While Clark talks too himself... 6'6 230lbs yeah !! 6'6 230lbs yeah !!


He probably had one hand under the desk at the same time too.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 12:37 AM
  #25
goodrev
Registered User
 
goodrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
i wrote something that disturbed me so i had to change it lol

goodrev is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.