HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

To spell Lindros,Rangers turn to ex-Devil Rheaume

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 03:06 AM
KING

vCash: 500
To spell Lindros,Rangers turn to ex-Devil Rheaume

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-115919c.html

Old
10-23-2003, 03:08 AM
KING

Rangers Sign Rheaume To Fill Void

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
10-23-2003, 03:10 AM
KING

Lindros feels 'much better'

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...ernewsweb.html

Old
10-23-2003, 03:17 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
And to make room they put Keefe on waivers....

Old
10-23-2003, 03:44 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
And to make room they put Keefe on waivers....
Saw that, and there goes my defense of this move..

I think we'll be fine with Rheaume's play, but the management of this roster, and the absolute refusal to inject any younger blood into the lineup is so friggin' sad it's hilarious..

Old
10-23-2003, 03:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Saw that, and there goes my defense of this move..

I think we'll be fine with Rheaume's play, but the management of this roster, and the absolute refusal to inject any younger blood into the lineup is so friggin' sad it's hilarious..
It is as absolutely assinine as it gets. I mean how sad is it that in the 4 years that he has been here, Jackass has not been able to get ANYONE to help on the 4th friggin' line besides a guy that he just signed to a minor league contract the other week? And why was it necessary to waive Keefe? What team in their right mind would snatch up the 3M squad (Messier, Malakhov, Mironov)?
Why is it that the prevailing belief is that a vet will ALWAYS do better than a yut? Hasn't Sather seen for himself that it is not always the case? Why have Keefe on your team if he is not in Hartford? What was the point of claiming him in the first place?
Here we go. Messier is now the 2nd line center. A sure recipe for disaster. Every friggin' other team in the league has young players playing for them, except us. The Devils, the Stanley Cup friggin' champions are starting 2 rookies as their entire 3rd defensive pairing. But the Rangers cannot trust a young guy to play the 4th friggin' line? What a joke.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Very depressing. I was really interested in what Keefe might be able to contribute to this lifeless team.

How many forwards on this roster play the pivot? Was it really necessary to recall a center in Eric's abscence? I personally think Carter would look great flanked by Barnaby and Simon. And as for Rheaume, nothing against him, but I fail to see how a guy who hasn't played but 1 AHL game since June could possibly be as prepared as a guy who's practiced with the team since the waiver draft.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Larry Melnyk

I'ved said my piece on this move and how much I hate it but I guess we all know it was a given the nanosecond that Rheaume signed...Such is life in the Rangher Clustefudge dimension....

OK, but here's the other question, why waive Keefe after picking up? Yeah, he may just eke through but WHy not waive this Boob Sucklenka who might be the most worthless bozo in organized hockey and is probably the reincarnation of Mick Vukota (Never mind he's not dead!)..? Nobody in their right mind would select him....Or why not waive some of the rotting, decaying matter we have in the form of Maladog, Bobo, Rucinsky, Hlavac, SImon and others..OH, I forgot, they are instrumental to our success..

Old
10-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Davisian

If Toms was putty, then Rheaume must be;

Da BOM

No, that's not a typo.. He's "Da Brother Of Manon"..

Old
10-23-2003, 05:20 AM
kazo

Judging by Sathers' glowing assessment (he makes Reaume sound like Roenick), it sounds like someone other that Reaume will be odd man out once Lindros returns. My guess would be Barnaby, Simon, or maybe Lacouture.

God, it sucks being a Ranger fan..........still.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:37 AM
OldBlueshirt

Oh, and this guy sounds sooo enthusiastic to be here, as this quote from the Daily News indicates:

"They wanted me back there," Rheaume said. "I think I did a good job there. It's a good organization. It's too bad I could not agree on a contract.

"But I don't want to think about it for the rest of the season. I want to just think about where I am now - I'm with the Rangers. And I'll try to stay here the rest of the season and help the team."

After Lindro went down, I thought to myself that here's yet another "test" for Slats to finally figure it out: youth vs. recently acquired mercenary apathetic vets. Very disappointing.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:50 AM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueshirt
Oh, and this guy sounds sooo enthusiastic to be here, as this quote from the Daily News indicates:

"They wanted me back there," Rheaume said. "I think I did a good job there. It's a good organization. It's too bad I could not agree on a contract.

"But I don't want to think about it for the rest of the season. I want to just think about where I am now - I'm with the Rangers. And I'll try to stay here the rest of the season and help the team."

After Lindro went down, I thought to myself that here's yet another "test" for Slats to finally figure it out: youth vs. recently acquired mercenary apathetic vets. Very disappointing.
And it also tells a lot that he also fired the agent that had him sign with the Rangers when the Debs were offering the same amount of $$$. Nothing has changed, youth will not get a chance in this town

Old
10-23-2003, 07:02 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueshirt

I was thinking the same thing as you when I was reading the artical. Another guy that is just so prould to be a Ranger. Instead of one of the kids on the Pack that would do just about anything to play with the Rangers. Don't figure.

Closed Thread