HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/LA] Habs acquire Dwight King for conditional 4th in 2018

Old
03-16-2017, 04:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Not gonna lie, this guy has been a disappointment for us. Reminds me of Moen in his first few months here. Not a needle mover; doesn't harm you or really help you. He will need to step up his game big time in the playoffs.
He reminds me of Moen in his last few months here.

I was excited for the trade and through it was a good pick up, and maybe it'll still pay off in the playoffs...but right now he looks like a big anchor on Chucky's wing.

At least put him on the 4th with Martinsen, Ott & co. and keep him out of the top six.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 05:31 PM
tinyzombies

He needs to play on teh third line or he's useless. He does have some hands and can do some boardwork and crashes the net. He's not a fourth liner. And he can elevate in the playoffs agsint the right opponent: Columbus, Caps, Hawks, Minny, SJ... he would be valuable in the trenches there. And his best asset is his defense. Living in LA the past 6 years I've seen a lot of him and his game hasn't changed. He needs to play with skill guys to maximize his game though.

Combined with what the advanced stats guys say, this is what I'd do:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher (This is our best line and would get Gallagher the support he needs, plus it's perfect style-wise.)
Lehkonen-Danault-Radulov (Danault-Radulov is actually the best pairing, believe it or not)
King-Plekanec-Byron (superb GF% shutdown line)
Martinsen-Mitchell-Shaw

Davidson-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Benn

Last edited by tinyzombies: 03-16-2017 at 05:39 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 08:37 AM
S Bah

The upcoming schedule has the Habs @ home for 13 days starting March 19th thru 31st(Gordie Howe's birthday), should provide some time for Dwight & family to get settled in to their new digs in Montreal. A happy Hab is always a great thing, IMHO Dwight can welcome the Senators in his own Special Way(Not Family,) RoughRide Em Cowboy, look out Chris Neil always a thorn in the way he plays the Habs.

The Ottawa series should bring out the best from King, Ott, Martinson, Benn, Davidson et al, it's going to be a precursor to the playoffs. Many teams will be watching this series of games, then scrambling to avoid having the Habs as their opponent in the 1st round of playoffs, IMHO!!!...

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 02:27 PM
S Bah

King played a helluva game last night he's a keeper, Ottawa players will be sure to keep their heads on a swivel while he's on the ice!!!...

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
He's definitely 4th line but you can see he's good defensively. Broke up a few plays that could have been scoring chances.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 02:53 PM
FrappeDuRocma

vCash: 50
Played a good game yesterday, I hope it's not his last one with us.

FrappeDuRocma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 03:18 PM
Adam Michaels

He's been a little underwhelming. But I don't think he's been bad. I still hold hope that he will be a very useful player for the team, particularly come playoff time. And it feels damn good saying that we'll be in the playoffs following a year out of it. According to sportingcharts, we have a 99.9% chance of making the playoffs.

Adam Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
He's been a little underwhelming. But I don't think he's been bad. I still hold hope that he will be a very useful player for the team, particularly come playoff time. And it feels damn good saying that we'll be in the playoffs following a year out of it. According to sportingcharts, we have a 99.9% chance of making the playoffs.
Yeah, he's playing smart. A lot of right choices of play in different situations and very few mistakes. The LA school!

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Top Corner2

He scores tonight.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He's definitely 4th line but you can see he's good defensively. Broke up a few plays that could have been scoring chances.
In L.A. he was playing on their third line for a long time.

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Craig71

He has to be one of the slowest skaters in the NHL.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

He's the guy I expected the most from, but he's been the most disappointing so far.

We'll see what he can bring in the playoffs, I suppose. One could argue his head isn't exactly into it either at this stage, given his family situation, which he alluded to the day he got traded.

But he needs to give us more, or else he might as well just sit it out. He doesn't do anything particularly well out there.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 02:51 PM
CHarlie
They feed me CHicken

Wow 100pts in 20games.......lol

2003-04 Meadow Lake Bantam AA SBHL 20 49 51 100 86

CHarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Fozz

Hopefully, he'll bring more of the nasty in the playoffs. He's peeling away from too many easy hits right now.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Sword

He was never a hitter. Protecting the puck is what he does best. I think he will play better in the playoffs, just don't set your expectations too high. He should be happy knowing that his former team won't make it into the playoffs.

Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 06:44 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
He's the guy I expected the most from, but he's been the most disappointing so far.

We'll see what he can bring in the playoffs, I suppose. One could argue his head isn't exactly into it either at this stage, given his family situation, which he alluded to the day he got traded.

But he needs to give us more, or else he might as well just sit it out. He doesn't do anything particularly well out there.
I missed that part. What's going on ?

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 06:54 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post

Sometimes we forget these guys are real people also...........his personal stuff gets settled soon, whatever that stuff may be...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:03 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I missed that part. What's going on ?
He came to Montreal pissed off because he had to leave his family back in LA. There's a 0% chance this guy stays after the season.

He did play real good for the Kings when it mattered during their cup run.I can't wait to see the playoffs version of Dwight King.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:16 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Macioretty View Post
He came to Montreal pissed off because he had to leave his family back in LA. There's a 0% chance this guy stays after the season.

He did play real good for the Kings when it mattered during their cup run.I can't wait to see the playoffs version of Dwight King.
Maybe a good playoff run changes things but I agree it feels like he's going back to LA at the end of the season.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:00 AM
DaNaultinus
The Human Fund Donor

Honestly, I don't feel like he's warranted a permanent spot in the lineup. He's too slow and doesnt seem to have his heart/head in the game. I'd prefer having Martinsen in. Martinsen protects the puck better, hits harder, skates faster and seems to have a little more offensive talent. Martinsen Mitchell McCarron would be my ideal fourth line

DaNaultinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Goldenhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
In L.A. he was playing on their third line for a long time.
L.A. has become the slowest team in the league, their games are boring and the pace is awefully slow. So we got the slowest guy from the slowest team in the league. I would play Martinsen and big Mac over him anytime and I would even callup DLR to play over this guy.

Goldenhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
What did they see in him? Did they stayed like me with what he looked like 3 years ago?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Hopefully, he'll bring more of the nasty in the playoffs. He's peeling away from too many easy hits right now.
That's not really his game, he more uses his size and strength for fundamentals like puck protection. He's a steady player with a good track record in the playoffs (though he's been on the decline, grinders aren't known for their shelf lives), but his role was to mainly do all the little things while Clifford and Nolan played more mean.

Funny how the one 4th liner Bergevin acquired who I thought would be the most useful has been the most underwhelming so far.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:22 PM
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner

vCash: 450
He was never fast, but he seems even slower than he was in LA.

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Funny how the one 4th liner Bergevin acquired who I thought would be the most useful has been the most underwhelming so far.
Same here. I'll take it even further by saying I was convinced he was the ONLY acquisition that was going to pay any type of dividends

Still early but man is it looking like the complete opposite right now

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote