HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets acquire Korpikoski for Heatherington

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2017, 08:28 PM
  #51
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?
 
The Old Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Would you tell the Rolling Stones to stop playing "Satisfaction"?
Doug19 isn't in the HOF.

The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 09:10 PM
  #52
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketsFan4Life View Post
This trade could indicate that lack of confidence they have in Milano...
Or perhaps the lack of trading him today indicates the confidence they have in Milano.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 05:45 AM
  #53
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
I read a Tweet that Dallas fans nicknamed him "Korpse".

And there is a reason for that.

Still, probably a short term depth move.

Some Cleveland fans were tweeting that Heatherington has been just awful this year, so they were not sad to see him go.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 06:25 AM
  #54
vertigo1061
Registered User
 
vertigo1061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Or perhaps the lack of trading him today indicates the confidence they have in Milano.
I think one of two things with milano. He either gets moved in the offseason or is given one more training camp to try and break in. I'm okay with either situation.

vertigo1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 06:26 AM
  #55
vertigo1061
Registered User
 
vertigo1061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I read a Tweet that Dallas fans nicknamed him "Korpse".

And there is a reason for that.

Still, probably a short term depth move.

Some Cleveland fans were tweeting that Heatherington has been just awful this year, so they were not sad to see him go.
There are people on this board that want nothing more than to trade Jenner and Murray so I'd take everything with a very large grain of salt.

vertigo1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 08:02 AM
  #56
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I've decided that the new acquisition is Koski, not Korpi.
You'll need to talk to him about it.


__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 08:26 AM
  #57
Monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
You'll need to talk to him about it.

I think this might be a Korpi / Korpii type situation.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 09:25 AM
  #58
General Saad
Registered User
 
General Saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
You'll need to talk to him about it.

Older Korpi better step in line, hes new to this team

General Saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 10:42 AM
  #59
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,209
vCash: 250
This is gonna cause a rift in he locker room watch..

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
  #60
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
As I said in another thread, J-Korpi and L-Korpi.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 03:05 PM
  #61
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Should CBJ have given up next year's first, a second and some decent prospects for Shattenkirk? For me, the answer is an easy "no."
hands down, 100%, THIS

Nordique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:29 AM
  #62
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Must be very comfortable with this teams depth not to go out and add a top defender. I think Quincy may be fine.. but Shattenkirk would have been a great add.. (I guess we just have to rely on on our (Mgmt., ie the Blues old Mgmt) ha ha.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:39 AM
  #63
Johansen2Foligno
Registered User
 
Johansen2Foligno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Must be very comfortable with this teams depth not to go out and add a top defender. I think Quincy may be fine.. but Shattenkirk would have been a great add.. (I guess we just have to rely on on our (Mgmt., ie the Blues old Mgmt) ha ha.
Why trade for him as a rental?

Johansen2Foligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 12:15 PM
  #64
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Must be very comfortable with this teams depth not to go out and add a top defender. I think Quincy may be fine.. but Shattenkirk would have been a great add.. (I guess we just have to rely on on our (Mgmt., ie the Blues old Mgmt) ha ha.
Well sure he would have been. But at what cost? And for what role? Does he replace Werenski or Jones on the power play, because that's really why you go and get Shattenkirk.

Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 12:29 PM
  #65
Monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Well sure he would have been. But at what cost? And for what role? Does he replace Werenski or Jones on the power play, because that's really why you go and get Shattenkirk.
Well obviously the solution to that problem is you just trade either Werenski or Jones for Shattenkirk.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 12:47 PM
  #66
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kölumboos
Country: United States
Posts: 30,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Well obviously the solution to that problem is you just trade either Werenski or Jones for Shattenkirk.
Exactly! See, all Jarmo has to do is step up and get it done.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 12:49 PM
  #67
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Well sure he would have been. But at what cost? And for what role? Does he replace Werenski or Jones on the power play, because that's really why you go and get Shattenkirk.
It would be like having a second Werenski on the PP.

How much should we pay to upgrade from Jones to Werenski on the second unit?

In my opinion, not much. For a rental just a mid-round draft pick.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 04:21 PM
  #68
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2Foligno View Post
Why trade for him as a rental?
The reason would be that our team is playing very well, and this piece really fills a need of experience leadership and toughness on the first and second pair. Plenty of players have been bought in roll the dice scenarios..

I'm indifferent on this: I want to see Jones Werenski, Savard Johnson Murray, Nutti and Quincey take that next step.. going into the playoffs and winning. Doesn't change the fact that the Caps got Shattenkirk and Pens got Streit.

We are very young.. but youth can win given the opportunity

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 05:02 PM
  #69
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
The reason would be that our team is playing very well, and this piece really fills a need of experience leadership and toughness on the first and second pair. Plenty of players have been bought in roll the dice scenarios..

I'm indifferent on this: I want to see Jones Werenski, Savard Johnson Murray, Nutti and Quincey take that next step.. going into the playoffs and winning. Doesn't change the fact that the Caps got Shattenkirk and Pens got Streit.

We are very young.. but youth can win given the opportunity
Shattenkirk is not tough and probably wouldn't even make our top 4 at evens. Probably about just as much experience as Quincey. He was pretty awful in the Blues playoffs games I saw a year back.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 08:23 AM
  #70
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg10 View Post
The only two guys I think have a possibility of being everyday NHLers is Carlsson and Gavrikov. Maybe Peeke, but the jury is still out there. We'll see
For the record, Peeke has been very good for ND as a Freshman. He has a bright future, just won't be for a while...

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 08:25 AM
  #71
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Would you tell the Rolling Stones to stop playing "Satisfaction"?
No but I would tell Devo!

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 10:02 AM
  #72
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
This is gonna cause a rift in he locker room watch..


My guess is they'll have some fun with it. Locker rooms aren't exactly totally serious places.

__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 10:37 AM
  #73
nativecbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
No way would Shattenkirk have been a good add. Defensively he is terrible. Watch the first goal the rangers scored on the caps in his first game. The asking price was too high and there is no way he signs anything long term with Columbus. Would have been a terrible move and I'm glad they didn't go for it.

nativecbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 10:50 AM
  #74
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,209
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post


My guess is they'll have some fun with it. Locker rooms aren't exactly totally serious places.
I forgot the


Last edited by BoonesJenner: 03-05-2017 at 03:56 AM.
BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 01:20 PM
  #75
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
For the record, Peeke has been very good for ND as a Freshman. He has a bright future, just won't be for a while...
Where can one read about Peeke's play this year? All I got are his boxcar stats.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.