HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The drunk fans and the Blackhawks at Preds

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2017, 11:12 AM
cleangene63

vCash: 500
Yes, I should have added against elite teams. I thought those frustrating nights when the hawks were in town were going to eventually change, and I know there run HAS to end; right now, though my frustration just thinking about the entire evening is at a 1 zillion percent level.

Old
03-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Sure we're frustrated. Two games where we could have had at least a point and pissed it away. But we can't play with the elite teams? Hogwash. We won against Edmonton, Columbus and Washington in the last 2 weeks. We can play with the elite teams IF our scorers are on and our goaltending is decent. I mean, good grief, we were up 10 shots to 1 at one point in the first with no score. We had a wide open net in the game vs Montreal and hit the post. We played against 2 elite teams the past two games and almost made it to OT with both of them. That sucks but it's not like every team hasn't had the same thing happen to them at some point. We just have to stop playing for the tie in the last 2 minutes.

Old
03-05-2017, 03:32 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Sure we're frustrated. Two games where we could have had at least a point and pissed it away. But we can't play with the elite teams? Hogwash. We won against Edmonton, Columbus and Washington in the last 2 weeks. We can play with the elite teams IF our scorers are on and our goaltending is decent. I mean, good grief, we were up 10 shots to 1 at one point in the first with no score. We had a wide open net in the game vs Montreal and hit the post. We played against 2 elite teams the past two games and almost made it to OT with both of them. That sucks but it's not like every team hasn't had the same thing happen to them at some point. We just have to stop playing for the tie in the last 2 minutes.
We will have to agree to disagree cause I feel Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington aren't better than Chicago, Sharks, Penguins, Anaheim, or Minnesota. We saw what happened to Washington last year in the playoffs and they were ranked number 1 in their division then. We even got further in the playoffs than they did. There is a reason Chicago has won as many cups as they have though. Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington may be playoff teams and ranked high and so labelled elite but I just don't feel they are cup contenders or as big of a threat as Chicago, Sharks, etc are. I can see maybe just compared to Anaheim or Minnesota though. I didn't say we couldn't compete w/ elite teams cause we can and have just that we aren't as good against actual cup contenders that is why I listed those specific teams and not Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington cause we can beat those teams and have beaten those teams this year. We haven't beaten Chicago/Minny/Anaheim (except one time) or Sharks any though. I think we can maybe beat Anaheim and Sharks now though (especially Anaheim) as I feel we are better now than at the beginning of the season when we lost to them. Those two games coming up against them will be a gage to see where we actually stand against them. There are playoff teams and then there are cup contenders. We play fine against playoff teams and can beat them but when its actual cup contender teams we tend to come up a little short. Just don't feel at this moment we are cup contenders. If we fixed our defensive play and secondary scoring we could be but at this moment there is still holes in our game that need improvement. Of course in the playoffs anything can happen but based on our play right now I would say in our division Chicago and Minny are better than us. Not by much but enough. Imo we are better than Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington though.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-05-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old
03-05-2017, 06:24 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
We will have to agree to disagree cause I feel Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington aren't better than Chicago, Sharks, Penguins, Anaheim, or Minnesota. We saw what happened to Washington last year in the playoffs and they were ranked number 1 in their division then. We even got further in the playoffs than they did. There is a reason Chicago has won as many cups as they have though. Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington may be playoff teams and ranked high and so labelled elite but I just don't feel they are cup contenders or as big of a threat as Chicago, Sharks, etc are. I can see maybe just compared to Anaheim or Minnesota though. I didn't say we couldn't compete w/ elite teams cause we can and have just that we aren't as good against actual cup contenders that is why I listed those specific teams and not Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington cause we can beat those teams and have beaten those teams this year. We haven't beaten Chicago/Minny/Anaheim (except one time) or Sharks any though. I think we can maybe beat Anaheim and Sharks now though (especially Anaheim) as I feel we are better now than at the beginning of the season when we lost to them. Those two games coming up against them will be a gage to see where we actually stand against them. There are playoff teams and then there are cup contenders. We play fine against playoff teams and can beat them but when its actual cup contender teams we tend to come up a little short. Just don't feel at this moment we are cup contenders. If we fixed our defensive play and secondary scoring we could be but at this moment there is still holes in our game that need improvement. Of course in the playoffs anything can happen but based on our play right now I would say in our division Chicago and Minny are better than us. Not by much but enough. Imo we are better than Edmonton, Columbus, and Washington though.
Anaheim contenders? Haven't they been knocked out in the first round the last three years? Also, Minnesota has the curse of Boudreau and his playoff history. And other than SJ's run last year, how far have they really gotten?

Chicago and Pittsburgh are the winners in this league that have shown they can do it when it counts. LAK too. I'd be scared of young upstarts like Edmonton and Columbus. And Washington just landed a piece in Shattenkirk that they've lacked in recent years, a high end offensive PMD. And the fact that Holtby has been on fire the last 21 starts he's had.

The fact is, we played with Chicago last night until we had a breakdown with a little over a minute to play. Was it disappointing, sure but did they outclass us last night, absolutely not.

Old
03-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Nitrous Mafia

https://twitter.com/daniel_petroff/s...59256860229632

Closed Thread