HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boone Jenner

Old
03-19-2017, 02:58 PM
cbj21

vCash: 500
What a player!!! wow!!

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardworker33 View Post
Hi guys!

Is there a deal to be made during offseason for him?

I thought :

Boone Jenner

Michael McCarron

if a small add is needed, we can negotiate something (If Jenner's available obviously)
McCarron is the small add. You need a centerpiece.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Saad Panda

Quote:
Hi guys!

I thought :

Boone Jenner

Michael McCarron

if a small add is needed, we can negotiate something (If Jenner's available obviously)
You don't seriously think this is fair do you? A "small add" doesn't help.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:00 PM
hardkorejackets

vCash: 678
Quote:
Hi guys!

I thought :

Boone Jenner

Michael McCarron

The Jackets wouldn't have any interest. Boone Jenner looks to come close to providing 20 goals again this year and plays a very physical brand of hockey and is one of top 6-7 forwards. Don't see anything to gain from making this deal.

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Byrral

Is this the same Boone Jenner that many on this board would have traded for a bag of pucks or left exposed in the expansion draft because he doesn't fit Tort's team speed system? Glad to see you are keeping it real HFCBJ

You know who you are.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:23 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Is this the same Boone Jenner that many on this board would have traded for a bag of pucks or left exposed in the expansion draft because he doesn't fit Tort's team speed system? Glad to see you are keeping it real HFCBJ

You know who you are.
I'm still not convinced you protect Jenner over Anderson if Hartnell doesn't waive. But it is getting tougher to choose.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:28 PM
major major

Quote:

You know who you are.
I'd like to know who you are referring to. Preferring Anderson to Jenner is not trading him for a bag of pucks.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I'd like to know who you are referring to. Preferring Anderson to Jenner is not trading him for a bag of pucks.
It's not you because if it was you would know it.

Old
03-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:

You know who you are.
Even when Boone was potential trade bait he was outperforming McCarron.

Old
03-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Saad Panda

Quote:

You know who you are.
I know I was willing to include Boone in a deal for Matt Duchene, and also conceded many times that he's worth hanging onto for this particular time of the year. Which he is.

Expansion is still a mystery. I've gone back and forth on one of 3 guys who I'd expose since Thanksgiving and will still probably not come to a conclusion.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 05:49 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

I'm one who has never held Boone as untouchable as I've viewed him as a middle six guy. That doesn't means trading him for nothing. I have said he might be usd as a key asset in a package to obtain a high scoring center (- no, not that whole Duchene discussion). But Boone brings something to this team......As an aside, I like the 38-17-34 combo (call it a 2B line or 3rd line, whichever floats one's boat).

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Forepar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'm still not convinced you protect Jenner over Anderson if Hartnell doesn't waive. But it is getting tougher to choose.
After Saturday's game - must protect Anderson.
After Sunday's game - must keep Boone.
Monday - oh, no game. - Must find way to keep them both.
Tuesday - start over.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forepar View Post
After Saturday's game - must protect Anderson.
After Sunday's game - must keep Boone.
Monday - oh, no game. - Must find way to keep them both.
Tuesday - start over.
Pretty much this.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:00 AM
major major

It's such a painful choice and I'm really hoping it doesn't actually have to get made. They're both absolutely vital to the team.

I don't agree with those who think it can be easily avoided by some side deal. Las Vegas knows what it could get with one of those two and they're not going to be bought off with picks/prospects. Think about it, would you take Karlsson instead of Anderson/Jenner in exchange for a draft pick? No one here would.

A lot is riding on Hartnell's decision. If he is concerned about getting picked, perhaps guarantee him a stipulation that we'll pay LV a 2nd rounder to not take Hartnell. Crazy, I know, but it's probably easier to pay him off that way than to pay off LV - if Anderson/Jenner are unprotected they're as good as gone.

Old
03-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

There is, admittedly, a part of me that still dreams that our expansion problems will be solved by Hartnell choosing to retire this season after winning the Cup.

Old
03-20-2017, 12:43 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
There is, admittedly, a part of me that still dreams that our expansion problems will be solved by Hartnell choosing to retire this season after winning the Cup.
*pops your dream balloon*

He's too good to retire.

If there's no way around it we might see Hartnell threatened with a buy out (to get him to waive), and actually bought out if he refuses. Lest you think that's an easy option, it would be terrible for the team cap in 2019-2021. It would save $3m in obligations to Hartnell in each of the next two years (when we don't need the cap room) and stretch the $1.5m obligation to Hartnell past 2019 (when we will need every bit of cap).

Given that this is an option though - we can leverage it against LV. Perhaps folks can tell me if this is legal: We can offer a deal to LV before the buyout window incentivizing them to not take Anderson/Jenner. We are clear to them that if they refuse that we'll just buyout Hartnell and they get nothing extra. Though I don't know if we can make binding agreements with LV before the buyout window.

Last edited by major major: 03-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old
03-20-2017, 12:47 PM
CBJsoldier
Winging it

IF Josh Anderson does get picked by the Golden Knights I'd offer Forsberg and a second rounder for him back.

CBJsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 01:08 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJsoldier View Post
IF Josh Anderson does get picked by the Golden Knights I'd offer Forsberg and a second rounder for him back.
Would you trade Josh Anderson for a 2nd rounder and an AHL goalie?

Old
03-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
*pops your dream balloon*

He's too good to retire.
SO WAS NICKLAS LIDSTROM SO IT COULD TOTALLY HAPPEN OKAY yeah I'll shut up now

Old
03-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Proutfan

Quote:
It's such a painful choice and I'm really hoping it doesn't actually have to get made. They're both absolutely vital to the team.

I don't agree with those who think it can be easily avoided by some side deal. Las Vegas knows what it could get with one of those two and they're not going to be bought off with picks/prospects. Think about it, would you take Karlsson instead of Anderson/Jenner in exchange for a draft pick? No one here would.

A lot is riding on Hartnell's decision. If he is concerned about getting picked, perhaps guarantee him a stipulation that we'll pay LV a 2nd rounder to not take Hartnell. Crazy, I know, but it's probably easier to pay him off that way than to pay off LV - if Anderson/Jenner are unprotected they're as good as gone.
or extend his contract so lv wont want him. That would be paying him off and he could stay with his buddys.

Proutfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:39 PM
SavesEmNot

Quote:

Agreed, sometimes people on HFBoards seem to forget that the other side has to agree to the trade too.

Now, if Doug MacLean were managing Las Vegas...

SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

vCash: 50
Quote:
It seems like getting him to waive would be a better solution than having him retire. I don't mind having him around for another year.

If he won't waive, a Hartnell buyout has to be considered. As much as that is an undesirable option, both Boone and Anderson have to be protected and the price to convince LV not to take the unprotected one will likely be too steep.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJsoldier View Post
They wouldn't make that trade (would you as GM?) nor can a team trade back a player to the team from whom he was taken (until after January 1, 2018).

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
It seems like getting him to waive would be a better solution than having him retire. I don't mind having him around for another year.

If he won't waive, a Hartnell buyout has to be considered. As much as that is an undesirable option, both Boone and Anderson have to be protected and the price to convince LV not to take the unprotected one will likely be too steep.
It's less about the "Hartnell retires" and more about the "winning the Cup" part.

Old
03-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's less about the "Hartnell retires" and more about the "winning the Cup" part.
OK, got it. I can get behind that.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote