HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forward line discussion

Old
03-16-2017, 01:16 PM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I could go with that, although my picks for the fourth line would be Sissons, Smith, and Watson. Sissons and Watson because they both might have untapped upside, and Smith to **** off Byrddog.
I'm fine with all that. Then if you need more speed, flip in Salomaki instead of Watson. If you're playing a team that likes to goon it up, put McLeod in. Keep Fiddler around for depth in case of injuries.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I could go with that, although my picks for the fourth line would be Sissons, Smith, and Watson. Sissons and Watson because they both might have untapped upside, and Smith to **** off Byrddog.
Yeah since that is so important to the team pissing me off.. Not pointing at you Viqsi but some prefer trying to get under my skin than to talk about the game. Do you really think it wise toi have SMith on the 4th line at 4 mil? He would be more hated than Paul Gaustad at 3 mil per. But if he is on the 4th line I would not have to see the guy on the ice as much so that would not **** me.

To who posted about the 2nd line putting up 40 what I was referring to was a post about Wilson Hook and Neal on the 2nd. While Neal may break 40 im pretty sure everyone here expected him to have 30 goals and 20 some assts. Wilson and Hook with 27 and 29 respectively are short.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 01:47 PM
King Weber

so everybody hates McLeod now?

King Weber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 01:54 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
It appears so, thats the way it works play 5 games if you are not a point a game guy on the 4th line your useless.

Old
03-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

I don't think Willy is overpaid. Solid possession player, who doesn't produce as much as you'd like but has been our best player in both playoff runs under Lavy. I'd take that for 4 mil.

McLeod is a poor hockey player who can just fight. He's good for the locker room etc. but doesn't belong to the ice. 4th line nowadays has to be able to make plays and possess the puck and when he's on the ice we're just on our own zone. Same goes for Fidds. The game is about speed nowadays and those guys don't have it.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
I don't understand it really.

If he was supposed to be something more than he is I'd get it, but he's not.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
I don't think Willy is overpaid. Solid possession player, who doesn't produce as much as you'd like but has been our best player in both playoff runs under Lavy. I'd take that for 4 mil.

McLeod is a poor hockey player who can just fight. He's good for the locker room etc. but doesn't belong to the ice. 4th line nowadays has to be able to make plays and possess the puck and when he's on the ice we're just on our own zone. Same goes for Fidds. The game is about speed nowadays and those guys don't have it.
That is why he was brought in for the grit. Whos gonna stand up for the players PK, Johanson, Fish do those guys really need to drop the gloves??? Remember how bad Johanson looked when he did drop them he got his ass whipped. Why 4th liners are looked at to be point producers is beyond me. They are all roll players to get out there 5 or 6 minutes per game to allow the top 9 to rest nothing more. Get those minutes and do not allow goals left and right thats all anyone should expect out of them.

As to Wilson wellllllll hes paid top 6 money to put up top 6 points not just in the post season his failure to do so along with Smith are a big reason this team is not comfortablly in a playoff spot and not waiting until the last few games of the season to lock up the 2nd WC spot.

Old
03-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Gh24

I don't hate McLeod. He does what he was brought here for. Hit and stand up for the guys. Been alright. I don't understand any higher expectations, especially when Avs fans said he's lost a step.

Gh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Mortiest Morty

35-40 point players with good possession numbers make around 4 million, that's the NHL these days. Troy Brouwer got 4.5 and he's not a good possession player and did the majority of his scoring on a PP with Ovechkin/Backstrom etc. There are plenty of other similar examples. Wilson always leaves you wanting more because he's shown another level at times, but even so, he's fine for his contract.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Byrd, I hear you but for the millionth time the problem this year hasn't been the offense.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresberg View Post
Byrd, I hear you but for the millionth time the problem this year hasn't been the offense.
I think Lavi does not agree with you. Should the coach lower his expectations? The team is going to have 1 guy with 30 goals and two maybe three with 20. The rest are at 10 or below except for four that may flirt with 15. Yes I understand depth scoring and if the team had two 30 goal guys Neal FF9, 20 goal guys Johanson, Josi, Smith. Wilson Fiala as was projected pre season the depth guys would put the team over the top. These are numbers that were touted by NHL network before the season and was the primary reason the team received so much cred being a cup contender. Now yes Arviddson has exceeded there expectations and replaced one of those guys.

Now to look at it on paper yes the total number of goals does in fact look good. The problem has been games where 4, 5 or 6 goals were scored lets call some of themk useless goals when the team won by more than 1 or a number of times 4 or more goals scored and they still lose the game. This in combination with less than stellar goaltending and poor team defense has resulted in 34 wins and 35 losses. 2 shootout wins and 9 losses post regulation. Imagine just 3 more OT goals Thats could well be the difference in 3rd in the central and the 2nd wildcard. So no the scoring has not been fine.

Old
03-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Mortiest Morty

Useless goals, you crack me up. Hey guys, the Preds are 9th in goals per game, but they score way more "useless goals" than other teams, so the offense is a big problem. And the team defense is also poor, despite all of the numbers saying otherwise. Some people are just living in their own world.

Old
03-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Useless goals, you crack me up. Hey guys, the Preds are 9th in goals per game, but they score way more "useless goals" than other teams, so the offense is a big problem. And the team defense is also poor, despite all of the numbers saying otherwise. Some people are just living in their own world.
34 wins 35 losses

Ottawa is 9th in the league in win loss 39 wins 29 losses They are 19th in goals with 183 there goal diff is 8 and the Preds is 9 so who has had a better year. Im glad you find humor in the Preds losing.

Old
03-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
34 wins 35 losses

Ottawa is 9th in the league in win loss 39 wins 29 losses They are 19th in goals with 183 there goal diff is 8 and the Preds is 9 so who has had a better year. Im glad you find humor in the Preds losing.
Only 13 teams have more wins than losses. Such is life with OT points these days.

OT skews the "losses" stat. We have more overtime losses than anyone in the west. A few teams are tied with us but only 10 teams have fewer regulation losses than we do. I don't put any stock at all into losses other than regulation ones because it's well-documented how badly we suck in a 3 on 3 cluster****.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Only 13 teams have more wins than losses. Such is life with OT points these days.

OT skews the "losses" stat. We have more overtime losses than anyone in the west. A few teams are tied with us but only 10 teams have fewer regulation losses than we do. I don't put any stock at all into losses other than regulation ones because it's well-documented how badly we suck in a 3 on 3 cluster****.
I see your point Drake and Im old school and would prefer the tie in regulation but thats not what we have. And your also right about loser points skewing the points system and again thats what we have. But look at ROW 32 puts Preds in 15th in the league 8th in the west and 4th in the division. I refuse to look at a loser point as a positive thing for this team. Now in 2003 yes we were h oping and praying for any point. I think it is a natural progression to expect the team to be better than that. Last night was the last hard game the Kings had for a few so I look for there roll to start tonight against the Sabres They have 6 g a mes against struggling teams left this month and two a against the Flames I can remember if it was you or Josi who posted about how tough the Preds remaining games look but it is probably gonna be a squeeker.
Yes the Preds are on a two game wuin streak(ohhh wait im not supposed to be posting during wins(sarcasm). But this looks to be a fight to the last 4 games until this team finds comfort. I don't know if the Kings will get that streak but we have seen them do it in the past. I told myself that I was not going to stress over this team pre season but im stressing over them more than the Bolts who lost there 1, 2 and 3 centers to injury against the Elfs last week. Im s till hopeful they make it in and get healthy and hope the Preds make it in as well but I feel more confident in the Bolts than the Preds now. Its frustrating.

Old
03-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Do you really think it wise toi have SMith on the 4th line at 4 mil?
It's an improvement over your preferred option of on the bench at 4 mil.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 09:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I don't hate McLeod. I'm starting to look at PAP and wondering when he produces. I haven't been able to see, how has his non-offensive play been.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I don't hate McLeod. I'm starting to look at PAP and wondering when he produces. I haven't been able to see, how has his non-offensive play been.
Well, when the guy PAP is replacing tonight has 2 assists in his last 30 games and 4 goals in his last 59 games. I don't think that's a concern you should have.

Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 03-18-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old
03-18-2017, 03:51 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Well, when the guy PAP is replacing tonight has 2 assists in his last 30 games and 4 goals in his last 59 games. I don't think that's a concern you should have.
Wings have me concerned but I'm already thinking about next season.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote