HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-7-17 - Duck Hunt - Nashville at Anaheim - 9:00 PM

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2017, 12:20 AM
klt2001

vCash: 500
Our schedule this week is a tough one. If we can manage to at least get three points out of it, I'll be happy.

Old
03-08-2017, 01:38 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Orange County is the residue that sits between LA and San Diego who have an actual identity. Excuse them if they get pleasure in just making fun of other cities. Even though there's a 100% chance they think they're better than us without actually knowing a thing about Nashville. Fact.
Yet, you are the one posting this about Anaheim. I guess other states are not allowed to know country music? Oh my god, how do I know how to line dance living in Orange County?? I spent most of my early 20's dancing at a country bar about a mile away from the Ponda. I don't know why having country night is a supposed knock to Nashville, we have one of the biggest country music festivals out here every year. Could have sworn I saw Garth last year at the Ponda but that isn't possible in Orange County, right?

Last edited by kducks: 03-08-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old
03-08-2017, 03:20 AM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Yet, you are the one posting this about Anaheim. I guess other states are not allowed to know country music? Oh my god, how do I know how to line dance living in Orange County?? I spent most of my early 20's dancing at a country bar about a mile away from the Ponda. I don't know why having country night is a supposed knock to Nashville, we have one of the biggest country music festivals out here every year. Could have sworn I saw Garth last year at the Ponda but that isn't possible in Orange County, right?
This is a regular thing they do when we play there over the years, it's not a one time thing. Whether you want to admit it or not, it's done because they are playing Nashville.

Obviously they probably do have country music in California, several singers over the years have made albums there. It's generally about as country as its location. Mentioning Garth is funny, because for lots of old school country fans, Garth was the beginning of the end of decent country music.

Old
03-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Good lord, it's just GDT trash talk. Don't take it so seriously.

Old
03-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Lighten up homie. I lived in LA and SD so I just don't really like OC. As far as other states being allowed to like country music, you can have it if you want.

Except Carrie Underwood. We can keep her around.

Old
03-08-2017, 10:35 AM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Our schedule this week is a tough one. If we can manage to at least get three points out of it, I'll be happy.
I understand, but I'm kind of worried just a few points here and there will cut it.

I think we will make the playoffs but it's not at all a done deal.

Old
03-08-2017, 10:43 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you're talking country in CA and not talking about Bakersfield you're just making stuff up.....

Old
03-08-2017, 10:43 AM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
This is a regular thing they do when we play there over the years, it's not a one time thing. Whether you want to admit it or not, it's done because they are playing Nashville.

Obviously they probably do have country music in California, several singers over the years have made albums there. It's generally about as country as its location. Mentioning Garth is funny, because for lots of old school country fans, Garth was the beginning of the end of decent country music.
So called country music is everywhere. The music industry here did a brilliant marketing job of taking MOR pop music and putting a country label on it.

Garth was the end of decent music, period. He's a brilliant marketer, but I will never understand his popularity. He didn't even like country music, James Taylor is his idol.

I don't care if I sound like "You brats get off my lawn" old guy, but I hate the soulless pop called country these days. Yes, give me George Jones and Johnny Cash and those types any day.

Old
03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
LCPreds

This discussion needs more Sturgill.

Old
03-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
So called country music is everywhere. The music industry here did a brilliant marketing job of taking MOR pop music and putting a country label on it.

Garth was the end of decent music, period. He's a brilliant marketer, but I will never understand his popularity. He didn't even like country music, James Taylor is his idol.

I don't care if I sound like "You brats get off my lawn" old guy, but I hate the soulless pop called country these days. Yes, give me George Jones and Johnny Cash and those types any day.
Eh it will swing back one of these days. Country got like this in the 70's and early 80's as well until people got tired of it. That's when we got George Straight, Reba, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, etc.

Old
03-08-2017, 04:03 PM
adsfan

This is one of the more amusing threads that I have read on here!

For what it is worth, Milwaukee has at least 2 country music radio stations. There are times when we have three of the 17 local radio stations playing country.

Old
03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
This is one of the more amusing threads that I have read on here!

For what it is worth, Milwaukee has at least 2 country music radio stations. There are times when we have three of the 17 local radio stations playing country.
I wish ours was just 2 rofl.

Old
03-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I wish ours was just 2 rofl.
My stations either talk about sports or are called Spotify

Closed Thread