HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin to Predators PROPOSAL

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Ya and would someone explain to me how he is out of favor in Nashville. Trotz would tell you differently.
He's talking about Joe Blow on the call in shows "Trade Leg waaand, He sucks"

Old
02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
PECAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22
TO NAS: Mats Sundin + Ken Klee + 2nd 2006

TO TOR: Scottie Upshall + Shea Weber + (salary dump) + 4th 2006 + 4th 2007
Here's my offer to NAS fans from an Isles perspective:

TO NAS: Alexei Yashin + Brad Lukowich + 2nd 2006

TO Isles: (Salary dump)

Yashin has three more years than Sundin on his contract, and is two years younger. He is averaging .83 ppg to Sundin's .93 ppg this year. Yashin's salary is $700,000 higher than Sundin's this year. But Yashin's cap hit is lower than Yashin's salary. His contract was structured so that it would decrease after next year.

If you do not have any salary dumps that you want to get rid of... feel free to acquire them with an asset from another team. Then pass them along to the Isles. For example you can flip a 6th rd pick or something to the Devils for Mogilny and a 2nd. You keep the 2nd pick we take Mogilny's salary. Heck you can even hold onto Mogilny for the playoff run and then flip him over to the Isles in the offseason for the 6th rd pick you lost acquiring him.

Personally, I'd prefer Sundin on my team over Yashin... but if you are really reluctant to give up your youth than maybe this could be a different option.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:59 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
I'd be much more tempted to throw 5+ mil at a Jokinen as opposed to Sundin. I'm not saying Jokinen is better, but if the money's equal, the fact that we would have to (according to some on here) give up half of our top 4 prospects is enough to make me pass on it.
1) I think, some local opinion aside, the asking price for Sundin is much lower than Jokinen. Unless you're talking about this off-season.

2) Don't you think that there's a really good chance that Jokinen gets a fat 5 year deal...and then just vanishes. That the team who signs him is, in effect, making a signing akin to Yashin at the Isle or Jagr on the Caps. I don't know much about him, but I know he bounced around as a youngster due to some problems, that the people who saw him most often gave up on him, and that Keenan's influence helped turn him around. But that tells me the odds of him reverting or sitting on his duff for the first few years are pretty good and the success record of players like this moving in free agency often coughs up disappointments.

I hate the Leafs and all their players and all they stand for, but I do know that if you get Sundin, no matter what you're not going to wind up questioning the effort. To me, I think that'd be a really important factor in choosing to gun for either of the two.

Old
02-07-2006, 04:24 PM
SpItFiReZ

Relax....none of this is going to happen its just for fun....at least these proposals arent unrealistic as some are.

Its not a...Vokoun, Kariya, Zidlicky, Sullivan for Sundin, Allison, Mccabe, Belfour and a 1st.

My opinion on a trade is something IMO would work and be good for both teams. Really it is a fair offer with the stipulations of contract extensions etc...without that extension the deal is stupid for Nashville because of losing McCabe or Kaberle to UFA.

And for the falling out of favour it was because of the rumours thats going around, how some Nashville fans are saying it and how they aquired Sillinger and I read something before near begining of the year where I BELIEVE Trotz said something about Legwand needing to pick up his game. Sorry that I don't have concrete proof.

Old
02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PECAhead
Here's my offer to NAS fans from an Isles perspective:

TO NAS: Alexei Yashin + Brad Lukowich + 2nd 2006

TO Isles: (Salary dump)

Yashin has three more years than Sundin on his contract, and is two years younger. He is averaging .83 ppg to Sundin's .93 ppg this year. Yashin's salary is $700,000 higher than Sundin's this year. But Yashin's cap hit is lower than Yashin's salary. His contract was structured so that it would decrease after next year.

If you do not have any salary dumps that you want to get rid of... feel free to acquire them with an asset from another team. Then pass them along to the Isles. For example you can flip a 6th rd pick or something to the Devils for Mogilny and a 2nd. You keep the 2nd pick we take Mogilny's salary. Heck you can even hold onto Mogilny for the playoff run and then flip him over to the Isles in the offseason for the 6th rd pick you lost acquiring him.

Personally, I'd prefer Sundin on my team over Yashin... but if you are really reluctant to give up your youth than maybe this could be a different option.
Sundin probably doesn't have much (if any) trade value - because of his contract.

However, Yashin's trade value is very, very negative. If you wanted the Nashvegans to bite on this contract, I think they'd want something like:

Yashin, Hunter, Campoli, and 1st rounder

for

Salary dump

Old
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Sundin probably doesn't have much (if any) trade value - because of his contract.

However, Yashin's trade value is very, very negative. If you wanted the Nashvegans to bite on this contract, I think they'd want something like:

Yashin, Hunter, Campoli, and 1st rounder

for

Salary dump

Darth,

Do you think something more could be had for Sundin a year from now ?

Old
02-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper
Darth,

Do you think something more could be had for Sundin a year from now ?
If his contract is up at the end of next season, he'll almost certainly have very good trade value at this time next year. At that point, he'll be a proven #1 center who has a history of coming through in the clutch, and he won't be a burden on a team's payroll. At the deadline next year, he should easily attract the sort of package that Weight returned: a 1st rounder, a prospect or two, and maybe some mid-round picks.

Old
02-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
your deaming. Toronto will get a 1st, a great prospect ,+, for Sundin. There is not too many quality players out there like him. And he is only 34. He has at least 6 yrs left. Anything less than that you can forget about it. Weight might have been a UFA but why would someone trade away a ton of assets for a rental?!? Use your head man. The cap is raising next year. Word on TSN and Sports Central is it's raising to 46 mil.

Old
02-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
If his contract is up at the end of next season, he'll almost certainly have very good trade value at this time next year. At that point, he'll be a proven #1 center who has a history of coming through in the clutch, and he won't be a burden on a team's payroll. At the deadline next year, he should easily attract the sort of package that Weight returned: a 1st rounder, a prospect or two, and maybe some mid-round picks.
Ya, i was thinking pretty much the same thing. Certainly something both sides (Sundin and the Leafs) may wish to investigate should the Leafs be in rebuilding mode.

Old
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
BuppY

Kariya Sundin Hartnell...

Old
02-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
How is Legwand, at the ripe old age of 25, going to be a UFA at season's end?
He's in his 7th NHL season. He qualifies as a UFA when his contract is up this year, smartass.

Old
02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallian
He's in his 7th NHL season. He qualifies as a UFA when his contract is up this year, smartass.

he didn't have enough games in that first year to count as an accrued year of service. unless you, all knowing messageboard poster, know something that poile\trotz don't, he is an RFA.

Old
02-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ya, i was thinking pretty much the same thing. Certainly something both sides (Sundin and the Leafs) may wish to investigate should the Leafs be in rebuilding mode.
I'm no Leaf's fan, but I would not want to bet against them being very competitive next season. I think JFJ is one of the smarter GMs around, and he'll probably walk away from this summer's UFA frenzy with a very strong lineup.

Old
02-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Exactly. Leafs are better off holding on to Sundin for several reasons.

1. They aren't out of a playoff spot. Looks like they will have to fight tooth and nail to get there but they could still do it (I'm betting they probably will).
2. The return on Sundin won't be that great right now. It's a buyer's market (for the few that can buy) for highly paid players. Cap will be higher but the definitive amount hasn't been set yet.
3. Next year's cap should be higher and would be established by then.So that coupled with the fact Sundin would be a UFA means you could probably get more than what the Blues got for Weight. Which was pretty good to start with.

Old
02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Completely agree.

I'd rather have Sundin than Weight anyday of the week.

Old
02-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
I'm no Leaf's fan, but I would not want to bet against them being very competitive next season. I think JFJ is one of the smarter GMs around, and he'll probably walk away from this summer's UFA frenzy with a very strong lineup.

Sadly, as a Leaf fan im not that optimistic. JFJ didnt have a great offseason by signing Khavanov,Belak and Domi when all three never should have been brought in. (Although its more tricky with Domi given the PR behind it).

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, the Leafs are indeed in a good cap position next year, but they also would have to completley rebuild their blueline. Im guessing both Kronwall and Colaiacovo will be part of next years blueline, but that leaves four spots to fill.

Up front there is a need for scoring wingers, and we will also be in need of a goalie, although its more likely we turn to a Fernandez or dare I say Joseph to split the duties with Tellqvist.

Its not that JFJ cannot recruit a few good players, its that we need more then that. We'd need to get back Mccabe and Kabs AND sign another top pairing dman. The Leafs are the victims of their own decision making the past few years as they don't have sure fire bets that they could pencil into next years lineup.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sadly, as a Leaf fan im not that optimistic. JFJ didnt have a great offseason by signing Khavanov,Belak and Domi when all three never should have been brought in. (Although its more tricky with Domi given the PR behind it).

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, the Leafs are indeed in a good cap position next year, but they also would have to completley rebuild their blueline. Im guessing both Kronwall and Colaiacovo will be part of next years blueline, but that leaves four spots to fill.

Up front there is a need for scoring wingers, and we will also be in need of a goalie, although its more likely we turn to a Fernandez or dare I say Joseph to split the duties with Tellqvist.

Its not that JFJ cannot recruit a few good players, its that we need more then that. We'd need to get back Mccabe and Kabs AND sign another top pairing dman. The Leafs are the victims of their own decision making the past few years as they don't have sure fire bets that they could pencil into next years lineup.
I think JFJ was conservative last summer because he had his eyes set on this year's UFA crop. He'd rather have a shot at Redden and Chara this summer, then settle for Zhitnik or Rathje last summer.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
I think JFJ was conservative last summer because he had his eyes set on this year's UFA crop. He'd rather have a shot at Redden and Chara this summer, then settle for Zhitnik or Rathje last summer.

Well if thats the case then I certainly wont be sorry to be eating crow come July

Old
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
it's unlikely the leafs get either ...too many 'younger' teams have more money to toss about than toronto this off season.

Old
02-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I hope you are right because I am most definitely NOT a Leafs fan. But, somehow, I think JFJ will laugh last. I'll go out on a limb and predict that 1) Leafs make the playoffs this year, 2) Leafs are even better next year than they are this year.

Old
02-07-2006, 09:00 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallian

As someone whose response to the Legwand conversation was all "a*s" and no "smart," I find your post deliciously fitting.

As for the official response: See NMK's statement. Legwand is not included in the list of impending Predator unrestricted free agents. It says so just about every where you look, from the top of this message board to numerous times on the Predators message board. It's not a big deal either way but don't get high and mighty when you don't have your facts straight.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 02-07-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old
02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Krazy

What about Allison for Adam Hall and a 2nd?

Leafs get a good 3rd line defensively responsible grinder that they can have for a few years. They lack size/checking on the wings. He would be a pretty good 3rd liner to compliment the leafs young, small 2 way forwards (ie steen/wellwood/stajan) Preds get a solid playmaking center who has always been a beast in the playoffs and works best with a fast sniper like palfy. I think he would be lights out with KAriya. Nashville also has a bunch of young forwards who are ready to make the jump on the wings anyway. Sillinger would move over to take HAll's spot for the playoffs.This trade would give theme the no.1 center they need, and that would clear the way for Upshall/Tootoo.
Judging by the weight trade I think Nashville would have to give up a little more, but this is a base for a trade.

Another idea: Allison/Klee for Hall/tootoo/4th.

PS. a 29 year old 6'3 allison has more value than a 35 year old 5'10 doug weight. They have comparable skills and numbers and speed. Weight isnt fast either. at least not from what I have seen after his knee injury

Old
02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
What about Allison for Adam Hall and a 2nd?

Leafs get a good 3rd line defensively responsible grinder that they can have for a few years. They lack size/checking on the wings. He would be a pretty good 3rd liner to compliment the leafs young, small 2 way forwards (ie steen/wellwood/stajan) Preds get a solid playmaking center who has always been a beast in the playoffs and works best with a fast sniper like palfy. I think he would be lights out with KAriya. Nashville also has a bunch of young forwards who are ready to make the jump on the wings anyway. Sillinger would move over to take HAll's spot for the playoffs.This trade would give theme the no.1 center they need, and that would clear the way for Upshall/Tootoo.
Judging by the weight trade I think Nashville would have to give up a little more, but this is a base for a trade.

Another idea: Allison/Klee for Hall/tootoo/4th.

PS. a 29 year old 6'3 allison has more value than a 35 year old 5'10 doug weight. They have comparable skills and numbers and speed. Weight isnt fast either. at least not from what I have seen after his knee injury
first off....skip the second proposal altogether.

second...i think allison for hall straight up is a more realistic deal, considering Hall is younger and still hasn't reached his potential(while being a pretty damn good player that can play in any situation and on any line comfortably) if you must add a pick to balance out, a second is way too high. A fourth or fifth is a lot more pallatable and realistic.

Old
02-08-2006, 07:56 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
first off....skip the second proposal altogether.

second...i think allison for hall straight up is a more realistic deal, considering Hall is younger and still hasn't reached his potential(while being a pretty damn good player that can play in any situation and on any line comfortably) if you must add a pick to balance out, a second is way too high. A fourth or fifth is a lot more pallatable and realistic.
Allison is scoring at .92/game and like Sundin, he hasnt had the best linemates ...he may not be quick, but he'd still be a #1 center on many teams, or a darn good #2 ...Hall, although I havent seen him play, looks/sounds like another Poni which the Leafs don't need

Old
02-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

A first line center that is on pace for about 14 goals this year and is ineffective in his own end of the ice?

Closed Thread