HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Leafs sign Grundstrom to ELC (see post #98)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2017, 02:08 PM
  #76
Walshy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,606
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Not sure what the hoop-lah is to get Bracco signed. Zero progression in his defensive game, really. He's not a whole lot more than what we drafted a few years ago. He's still a one dimensional winger with gaping holes in his game.

Didomenico 2.0
im also not a fan. But I don't think he NEEDS a ELC yet right? he sure as hell wont be playing for the leafs anytime soon he can go back to junior one more season no?. There is no way Babcock will play a small one dimensional scorer with 0 commitment to dzone look at Nylander's treatment and he is at least average defensively (above average IMO), I bet he is traded this summer maybe in a package with better assets for a D or something

Walshy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:08 PM
  #77
ErnieLeafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy7 View Post
im also not a fan. But I don't think he NEEDS a ELC yet right? he sure as hell wont be playing for the leafs anytime soon he can go back to junior one more season no?. There is no way Babcock will play a small one dimensional scorer with 0 commitment to dzone look at Nylander's treatment and he is at least average defensively (above average IMO), I bet he is traded this summer maybe in a package with better assets for a D or something
That's been the plan all along, no? Not every prospect will make it in the organization. It's as much a numbers game as anything. If Bracco holds decent value, he probably fits better on a team that looks to play a less defensive system than we do (think Washington), or on a team that needs a playmaking winger/PP specialist (Looking at you, LA) which are both pieces we have in abundance in our system.

He's not a Babcock guy. Plain and simple. He'd be super glued in the pressbox with Babs' distaste for anyone who doesn't have the motivation to find his own zone.

If we can add him as an asset for a young defenseman, we should, and most likely will.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:22 PM
  #78
stickty111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
One poster here really cant stand Bracco it seems.
Bracco is still a good prospect and there should be a rush to sign him. The potential is great and has some great skills. He has issues to clean up but so does basically every prospect. Nylander came a long with his 2 way play under Babcock

stickty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:22 PM
  #79
Walshy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,606
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
That's been the plan all along, no? Not every prospect will make it in the organization. It's as much a numbers game as anything. If Bracco holds decent value, he probably fits better on a team that looks to play a less defensive system than we do (think Washington), or on a team that needs a playmaking winger/PP specialist (Looking at you, LA) which are both pieces we have in abundance in our system.

He's not a Babcock guy. Plain and simple. He'd be super glued in the pressbox with Babs' distaste for anyone who doesn't have the motivation to find his own zone.

If we can add him as an asset for a young defenseman, we should, and most likely will.
Sure, he doesn't need to be signed to an ELC to trade him though he was drafted in 2015 out of college I think we have 3 more years of his rights. we don't need to pay him a cent trade him this summer his rights or signed to an ELC maked no difference to the acquiring team

Walshy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:23 PM
  #80
Walshy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,606
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickty111 View Post
One poster here really cant stand Bracco it seems.
Bracco is still a good prospect and there should be a rush to sign him. The potential is great and has some great skills. He has issues to clean up but so does basically every prospect. Nylander came a long with his 2 way play under Babcock
Bracco coming a long way in 2way paly doesn't even come close to nylander pre babcock tough love

Walshy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:26 PM
  #81
stickty111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy7 View Post
Bracco coming a long way in 2way paly doesn't even come close to nylander pre babcock tough love
Nylander is still much better than he was at the beginning of the season. Bracco still has lots of time and we have 2 coaches who can help him out. If there are people that can get Bracco to buy in its Keefe and Babcock.

stickty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:29 PM
  #82
Menzinger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary/Toronto
Country: England
Posts: 15,609
vCash: 500
The thing that would make me reluctant to trade Bracco so soon is that if he starts putting up a ton of points in the AHL his value will increase even more.

Menzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:29 PM
  #83
Walshy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,606
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickty111 View Post
Nylander is still much better than he was at the beginning of the season. Bracco still has lots of time and we have 2 coaches who can help him out. If there are people that can get Bracco to buy in its Keefe and Babcock.
maybe you are right, to be honest if he makes it great (with the leafs) but if I had to bet I would put all my money on traded before playing a game for the leafs.

Walshy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 03:36 PM
  #84
stickty111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy7 View Post
maybe you are right, to be honest if he makes it great (with the leafs) but if I had to bet I would put all my money on traded before playing a game for the leafs.
Agreed. Higher chance he doesnt even make the NHL.

stickty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 04:00 PM
  #85
ErnieLeafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickty111 View Post
One poster here really cant stand Bracco it seems.
Bracco is still a good prospect and there should be a rush to sign him. The potential is great and has some great skills. He has issues to clean up but so does basically every prospect. Nylander came a long with his 2 way play under Babcock
It's not that I can't stand him, i just don't see a motivated kid, with the drive and attitude to make it in the NHL, despite his skill. H looks like a Euro league star.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 04:01 PM
  #86
ErnieLeafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy7 View Post
Sure, he doesn't need to be signed to an ELC to trade him though he was drafted in 2015 out of college I think we have 3 more years of his rights. we don't need to pay him a cent trade him this summer his rights or signed to an ELC maked no difference to the acquiring team
I'm certainly not advocating signing him to an ELC.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 04:04 PM
  #87
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,049
vCash: 500
Not a Bracco thread folks

BertCorbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 04:49 PM
  #88
JEI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,768
vCash: 500
Another talent to add to the group. Hopefully he can come over next season.

JEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
  #89
saltming
Fan Addict
 
saltming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,166
vCash: 500
So was this just fake news?

saltming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 10:45 AM
  #90
nuck
Carnivore
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,538
vCash: 500
Grundstrom's draft +1 is pretty similar to Johnson's

2016-17 Frolunda HC SweHL 45 14 6 20 6 6 7 1 1 2 2

It would be nice if he has the same +2 growth

2013-14 Frolunda HC SweHL 44 15 9 24 2 -1 7 1 0 1 4
2014-15 Frolunda HC SweHL 55 22 13 35 34 5 8 2 2 4 4

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 03:13 PM
  #91
Acetylene
Marner & Nylander
 
Acetylene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
I wouldn't worry about the silence. His team is still playing. Lost the first semi-final today. He has cooled off massively the 2nd half of the season, after a great start. Will be interesting to see if he can pick up his game in the semis.

Acetylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 04:02 PM
  #92
one77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
I like Grundstrom a lot more than Johnson, Timashov, Bracco, Leipsic and most of our other forward prospects. I just have Kapanen and Brooks ahead of him (forwards)

one77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 05:28 PM
  #93
Pholus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltming View Post
So was this just fake news?
It can't be fake news, it was put out by someone on twitter, and it was never aired on CNN

Pholus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 09:04 AM
  #94
saltming
Fan Addict
 
saltming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,166
vCash: 500
Grundstrom signed

According to leafs instagram he's signed. Will play with marlies next season.
Did I miss a thread for this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTZZfnPgD7I/

saltming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 11:08 AM
  #95
taurine330
Registered User
 
taurine330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltming View Post
According to leafs instagram he's signed. Will play with marlies next season.
Did I miss a thread for this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTZZfnPgD7I/
That is a reliable source? It is not an official leafs ig.

taurine330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 11:13 AM
  #96
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,977
vCash: 500
It was reported by Dreger he'd sign soon.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 03:03 PM
  #97
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,977
vCash: 500
And the Leafs just announced he signed an ELC.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 03:05 PM
  #98
Cor
OT Thread Leader
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,389
vCash: 500

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 03:13 PM
  #99
Daisy Jane
trust the vision
 
Daisy Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 56,868
vCash: 500
Yay?

Daisy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2017, 03:14 PM
  #100
DJIncognito
Registered User
 
DJIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Sports net:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/l...ry-level-deal/

DJIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.