HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin Trade Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
  #1
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Malkin Trade Proposal

I have brought it up in another thred, yet it might make sence to elaborate on the subject here.

We all remember Lindros walking out on Nordiques, and that infamous Lindros for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philly’s first-round pick in 1993 and 1994, and $15 million in cash deal?

Here's the scenario: Malkin, unhappy with Crosby's attitude (just like Ziggy was), decides he had enough at the beginning of the next season and asks to be traded elsewhere......

I assume, he would look at teams, dominated by Europeans (well they surely wouldn't trade him to Washington).

Let's speculate: your offers.

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
  #2
Juni
Registered User
 
Juni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Rory Fitzpatrick and a bag of pucks, two if you smile.

Juni is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
  #3
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
No.

benji is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
  #4
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni
Rory Fitzpatrick and a bag of pucks, two if you smile.

Good one

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
  #5
Zoo
Registered User
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin_mvp
Here's the scenario: Malkin, unhappy with Crosby's attitude (just like Ziggy was), decides he had enough at the beginning of the next season and asks to be traded elsewhere......
.
I suppose Ziggy told you that ehh.

Zoo is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
  #6
SFD22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Simcoe, Ontario
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
From the Leafs POV... anybody and everybody for Malkin. We have nobody in the system even close to Malkin in terms of offensive upside. Steen is more Marco Sturm than Ilya Kovalchuk and Wellwood/Stajan have 2nd line potential as an absolute ceiling. Seriously though, the Pens would have to make out like complete bandits to even consider trading him. The Las Vegas Pens might deal him though for an older "name" player

SFD22 is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:37 PM
  #7
shawn_kemp*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 500
he's not tradeable.

unless you get a franchise player like Thornton and another good player and a draft pick.

shawn_kemp* is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:40 PM
  #8
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,102
vCash: 500
No. He's going nowhere. Get over it. He's not "unhappy". Just OP speculating that started in the main forum Crosby/AO thread.

Pens1566 is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  #9
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_kemp
he's not tradeable.

unless you get a franchise player like Thornton and another good player and a draft pick.

It's pure speculation, sure, but who could have thought that Lindros deal would go through in 1994?

Anyways, what would you give for Malkin?

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  #10
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 855
Blake Wheeler, Martin Hanzal, Logan Stephenson, Matt Jones and two 1sts.

OK, we don't have enough no matter how you look at it.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  #11
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
Gaborik, Koivu, O'Sullivan, and a 1st

Metallian* is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  #12
gbl1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin_mvp
I have brought it up in another thred, yet it might make sence to elaborate on the subject here.

We all remember Lindros walking out on Nordiques, and that infamous Lindros for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philly’s first-round pick in 1993 and 1994, and $15 million in cash deal?

Here's the scenario: Malkin, unhappy with Crosby's attitude (just like Ziggy was), decides he had enough at the beginning of the next season and asks to be traded elsewhere......

I assume, he would look at teams, dominated by Europeans (well they surely wouldn't trade him to Washington).

Let's speculate: your offers.
You've had an awfully busy day or two around these boards, noobie. Don't you think it's time to give your anti-crosby mantra a rest?

gbl1p is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
  #13
shealy04
Registered User
 
shealy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin_mvp
I have brought it up in another thred, yet it might make sence to elaborate on the subject here.

We all remember Lindros walking out on Nordiques, and that infamous Lindros for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philly’s first-round pick in 1993 and 1994, and $15 million in cash deal?

Here's the scenario: Malkin, unhappy with Crosby's attitude (just like Ziggy was), decides he had enough at the beginning of the next season and asks to be traded elsewhere......

I assume, he would look at teams, dominated by Europeans (well they surely wouldn't trade him to Washington).

Let's speculate: your offers.

Let's just hope that Malin isn't a sook, and can handle having a leader on his team that may get in his face if he isn't playing well...

(although it's probably annoying to hear it from a kid younger than you, the Pens had to realize he's the heart and soul of the team)

shealy04 is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
  #14
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p
You've had an awfully busy day or two around these boards, noobie. Don't you think it's time to give your anti-crosby mantra a rest?
It's my day off, and I am just having fun.
don't see anything wrong with that

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
  #15
phillypensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
Just not getting the point that Malkin isn't going to be traded. Of course,he must have an inside source that told him Malkin didn't like Crosby's attitude.

phillypensfan is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
  #16
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04
Let's just hope that Malin isn't a sook, and can handle having a leader on his team that may get in his face if he isn't playing well...

(although it's probably annoying to hear it from a kid younger than you, the Pens had to realize he's the heart and soul of the team)
I would second your last thought.......

P.S: I am not bashing Crosby here, I do not care much about the guy, quite frankly. Yet, it's possible they wouldn't stand each other, and Malkin will want to get out.

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
  #17
Siberian
Registered User
 
Siberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Saint Pierre
Country: France
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
These are the players Pittsburgh should consider trading Malkin for:

Kovalchuk, Nash, Phanuef, Iginla, Thornton plus a draft pick, Marleau + Chechoo, Heatley, Spezza + Havlat + draft picks, Staal plus Kaberle and that is it.

Siberian is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
  #18
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
Just not getting the point that Malkin isn't going to be traded. Of course,he must have an inside source that told him Malkin didn't like Crosby's attitude.
No, that Palffy doesn't like Sid's attitude. The Malkin part is just speculation.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
  #19
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
Just not getting the point that Malkin isn't going to be traded. Of course,he must have an inside source that told him Malkin didn't like Crosby's attitude.
Maybe I do.

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
  #20
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian
These are the players Pittsburgh should consider trading Malkin for:

Kovalchuk, Nash, Phanuef, Iginla, Thornton plus a draft pick, Marleau + Chechoo, Heatley, Spezza + Havlat + draft picks, Staal plus Kaberle and that is it.
Don't much like Ottawa eh?

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
  #21
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian
These are the players Pittsburgh should consider trading Malkin for:

Kovalchuk, Nash, Phanuef, Iginla, Thornton plus a draft pick, Marleau + Chechoo, Heatley, Spezza + Havlat + draft picks, Staal plus Kaberle and that is it.
That's the best one this far

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
  #22
Zoo
Registered User
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22
The Las Vegas Pens might deal him though for an older "name" player
How quickley the thread turns into pens bashing, come on dude.. is that all you got. Believe me when I say, we have heard it all.

But the funny thing, is you look like a trool when you post this sort of garbage. So we get the last laugh.

Zoo is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
  #23
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
How quickley the thread turns into pens bashing, come on dude.. is that all you got. Believe me when I say, we have heard it all.

But the funny thing, is you look like a trool when you post this sort of garbage. So we get the last laugh.
Well, actually, Pens are the clear benefactors here, look, they get Kovalchuk and half of Ottawa's team for one guy, who hasn't proven himself in this league yet.

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
  #24
young lion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to young lion
To be honest, with all the hype between Crosby and Overchen this year, I really think that Malkin is gonna come next year (assuming the penguins get him over here) and have a totally better season then both of them and suprise everybody.

young lion is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:50 PM
  #25
Ovechkin_mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by young lion
To be honest, with all the hype between Crosby and Overchen this year, I really think that Malkin is gonna come next year (assuming the penguins get him over here) and have a totally better season then both of them and suprise everybody.

I really doubt it.
I am, he's more of Sergei Fedorov type player, unlike Ovechkin.
It might be a few tough years.

Ovechkin_mvp is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.