HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Hemsky + 1st?

Since Malkin is a C, he and Crosby likely won't see ice at the same time unless it is a PP. With a guy like Hemsky on Crosby's wing, the sky's the limits. It could be another Gretz/Kurri or Lemieux/Jagr type pairing in production. One that would terrorize the East for years to come.

Edmonton gets a top line C in the generational talent sense of the phrase. Malkin would benefit from the Oilers fast paced game in the wide-open west.

I shudder to think of unleashing a Crosby/Hemsky duo on the East, but as a westerner, it won't affect me too much And the Oilers getting a Malkin type talent is too good to pass up.

Thoughts?

Hire McLellan Draft McDavid. Solidify the D and G
Old
02-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Ovechkin_mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Hemsky + 1st? Since Malkin is a C, he and Crosby likely won't see ice at the same time unless it is a PP. With a guy like Hemsky on Crosby's wing, the sky's the limits. It could be another Gretz/Kurri or Lemieux/Jagr type pairing in production. One that would terrorize the East for years to come.

Edmonton gets a top line C in the generational talent sense of the phrase. Malkin would benefit from the Oilers fast paced game in the wide-open west.

I shudder to think of unleashing a Crosby/Hemsky duo on the East, but as a westerner, it won't affect me too much And the Oilers getting a Malkin type talent is too good to pass up.

Thoughts?

Hemsky & 1st for Malkin???

Sorry, ain't good enough

Old
02-07-2006, 02:53 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Parent, Klien, Upshall and Laakso

Old
02-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin_mvp

Sorry, ain't good enough
Not even close. Unless you buy into the Hemsky hype coming from Oiler land.

Old
02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Zoo

Quote:
Well, actually, Pens are the clear benefactors here, look, they get Kovalchuk and half of Ottawa's team for one guy, who hasn't proven himself in this league yet.
I was not talking about that post, SFD22 and your first post... you know taking jabs at the pens !!

Old
02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Hemsky + 1st?

Since Malkin is a C, he and Crosby likely won't see ice at the same time unless it is a PP. With a guy like Hemsky on Crosby's wing, the sky's the limits. It could be another Gretz/Kurri or Lemieux/Jagr type pairing in production. One that would terrorize the East for years to come.

Thoughts?
Malkin is the best center forward coming out of Russia in the last 10 years. Hemsky is a good player, but this trade would be like trading brand new Mazda Miata plus 1000 dollars for BMW 650

Old
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
illogic

Quote:

Here's the scenario: Malkin, unhappy with Crosby's attitude (just like Ziggy was), decides he had enough at the beginning of the next season and asks to be traded elsewhere......
''I think that he's a leader on the team who can eventually lead the team to the Stanley Cup and I'm looking forward to playing with him.''

-- Evgeni Malkin

Old
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by young lion
To be honest, with all the hype between Crosby and Overchen this year, I really think that Malkin is gonna come next year (assuming the penguins get him over here) and have a totally better season then both of them and suprise everybody.
probably not likely considering how great AO and Crosby have been, but not impossible considering what he's doing in the rsl. for comparison's sake:

in the rsl

fedorov at 19:
1988-89 CSKA Moscow Russia 44 gp 9 g 8 a 17 pts

ovechkin at 19:
2004-05 Moscow Dynamo Russia 37 gp 13g 14a 27 pts

malkin at 19:
2005-06 Magnitogorsk Metallurg Russia 43gp 21g 28a 49pts

now we just have to wait and see how well it translates to the nhl.

Old
gbl1p

Quote:
It's my day off, and I am just having fun.
don't see anything wrong with that
I'll leave it at this: The quality of these boards have come down drastically with the influx of new users like yourself, who come on and immediately throw a blanket criticism on Canada. Doesn't end there, you've cut at Crosby in more than 2 forums and it's growing tiresome. Your mandate is clear with your username. Grow up.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Ovechkin_mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
I was not talking about that post, SFD22 and your first post... you know taking jabs at the pens !!
Sorry, man it was not the way I intended.
This thread is not about Sidney, but about a "possible" scenario, unfolding next October.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Crosby takes a couple unsportsmanlike penalties like 25 games into the season now all of a sudden Palffy retires because of him and Malkin will demand to be traded to Washington. Quite the domino effect.

Old
Ovechkin_mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
probably not likely considering how great AO and Crosby have been, but not impossible considering what he's doing in the rsl. for comparison's sake:

in the rsl

fedorov at 19:

ovechkin at 19:

malkin at 19:

His stats, are indeed impressive, yet I think that Ovy is better suited for NHL and EM

Old
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I think Malkin is being SEVERELY overvalued in this thread. He is still just a prospect, and people are talking about trading some of the top players in the game for him, which is insanity. Ovechkin had higher trade value before he was in a league, and I seriously doubt the Caps would have turned down an offer of someone like Kovalchuk for him.

Edit: I could see Malkin wanting a trade at some point, but only b/c he'd want to be a top-line guy, and not the second center behind Sidney.

Old
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
If I could find the article,I would link to it. Malkin said that he couldn't wait to come over here next year and play with Sid and the Pens. Like I said,him being traded just plain and simply isn't going to happen. He wants to come over and play for the Pens,and stayed in Russia this extra year so he could get better for when he does come over here. Once he fills out the rest of the way and adds more weight to him,he's going to be a beast at center for the Pens.

Old
RC51

Pittsburg wont trade Malkin.
Malkin is gold. Malkin will dominate in the NHL.
Wait it get worse.
Assured of getting a top 5 center and for years to come and for cheap, no 7 mil contract for Malkin for years to come. Malkin will make a ton of money in endosments but the cap hit for Pittsburg is what 1 mil, as I said, Malkin is a gold.

No club has any assets to matchup with this.

full value for Malkin is what? 10 first round picks !!!

Old
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Ovechkin_mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44
Crosby takes a couple unsportsmanlike penalties like 25 games into the season now all of a sudden Palffy retires because of him and Malkin will demand to be traded to Washington. Quite the domino effect.

Do you remember why lindros wouldn't want to play in Quebec?

no getting back to Pittsburg
what if there isn't enough room for two greats, then one has to go, right?

Old
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Sorry, ain't good enough
Hmmm, you sure about that? Jagr seems to think a bit more highly of Hemsky then you do, I guess. Since he wants him to play on his line in Turino. Hemsky seems to be being groomed as Jagr's heir for the Czech team. You really want to pass on a chance to have a guy like that on Crosby's wing? I'd say the talent drop between Hemsky and Malkin is made up for with a number 1 pick and the fact that you get a top talent RW to play with Crosby.

I guess there is a common thought that Hemsky's ceiling is a Havlat or Hedjuk type player. But it is actually quite a bit higher then both. For every point he gets, he nearly misses 2 or 3 more. If you give Hemsky another guy that can think the game at the same speed as him (Crosby) the results could be explosive.

But hey, I am fine with hanging onto Hemsky. It's not like I am dying to give him up. I have no problem with the idea of him feeding Schremp for one timers on the PP next year.

But think about this, what wingers do the Pens have in their system that can match up with Crosby?

Old
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
cbj21

isnt there another problem; how to get him signed, or rather how to get him out of Russia? Malkin will still be under contract in Russia next season, not sure when that ends but since Russia is not part of any transfer deals with NHL, it is most likely going to take some hard cash to get him to NHL next season and im wondering if Pens have that kind of cash? Maybe its not that much they will ask for but if it is it could be a problem and another reason to trade him to someone who could pay? I dunno just thought it was worth mentioning. No offence intended.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Zoo

Quote:
This thread is not about Sidney, but about a "possible" scenario, unfolding next October.
Sweet as man, atleast you know when your outta place. I just don't know where this hatred for Crosby comes from, I mean penguin fans have the alot of respect for Ovechkin and how good he is.

Do I think he'll win the calder... yes

Old
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis

in the rsl

fedorov at 19:

ovechkin at 19:

malkin at 19:

You can't compare Malkin at 19 in teh RSL to Ovechkin at 19 in the RSL. Ovechkin was 19 during the lockout, and thus there were significantly more NHLers playing in Russia. That meant tougher competition and less ice-time. You might be able to get a better comparison of them at age 17, as the level of competition was similar, but its still impossible to accurately compare them based on the numbers.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
First off,it's Pittsburgh...notice the spelling. Second of all,why do you keep insisting on things like your last post? Why you keep posting things like that is beyond me. First you think Malkin isn't going to like Sid's attitude,and now saying there isn't going to be enough room for the two of them. Crosby and Malkin will be the top two centers for the Pens,neither of them are going anywhere. Just get it through your head already and give this a rest.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic
''I think that he's a leader on the team who can eventually lead the team to the Stanley Cup and I'm looking forward to playing with him.''

-- Evgeni Malkin
I was thinking the same thing when I first read this thread.

Quote:
More like plausable, but unlikely.

Lindros never did want to play in Quebec, and if I recall correctly he even told the Quebec scouts that before he was drafted. It's not as if Lindros didn't like the attitude of Sakic, Sundin, Nolan, or one of the other young prospects of the time.

This is all pie in the sky. Even if Malkin did want a trade, then that would say a lot about his character, or lack-there-of.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Ovechkin_mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
First off,it's Pittsburgh...notice the spelling. Second of all,why do you keep insisting on things like your last post? Why you keep posting things like that is beyond me. First you think Malkin isn't going to like Sid's attitude,and now saying there isn't going to be enough room for the two of them. Crosby and Malkin will be the top two centers for the Pens,neither of them are going anywhere. Just get it through your head already and give this a rest.

Why would Malkin be fine as being # 2 center?
He's a franchise player, and a team should be build around him.
I thinks, this could be a good enough reason to ask for a trade, among others.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:14 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Hmmm, you sure about that? Jagr seems to think a bit more highly of Hemsky then you do, I guess. Since he wants him to play on his line in Turino.
Oh come on, Jagr wanted Jan Hrdina and Kip Miller on his line as well. Doesn't mean anything. Certainly doesn't make him worth trading Evgeny Malkin for.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Why would Malkin be fine as being # 2 center?
He's a franchise player, and a team should be build around him.
I thinks, this could be a good enough reason to ask for a trade, among others.
You mean just like this guy?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=1767

Or Fedorov? Forsberg?

Closed Thread