HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rheaume called up (merged threads)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Lundyfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Rheaume called up

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1020

Old
10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Larry Melnyk

Awesome baby! Way to bring the youth, energy, enthusiasm, and young legs that this team needs...And especially after he proved he deserved he belonged in NY after tearing up the AHL for weeks...I'm freaking stoked...A 4th liner nobody else wanted!...And hey, Sheldon Keefe, keep fetching those hot dogs and watch how real NHL players get the job done!......Even better, Messier has to be the 2nd line C and get his 18 mins a night...Hell, Sather might even match him up against the other teams top unit...ANd, yeah, time to demote the pointless lundmark and recall Paul Healey....Damn this organization is so predictably pathetic...

Old
10-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Awesome baby! Way to bring the youth, energy, enthusiasm, and young legs that this team needs...

As has been discussed, if this is just the call up so that they have the extra forward, and he either plays sparingly on the 4th line or sits in favor of Keefe (which I'd prefer) then I'm glad it was him and not a prospect..

And Rheaume did just play a big role on a stanley cup winner, I know he was passed up by all teams, but he is good for the role he'll be needed in.. I think he's more "Mike Eastwood" than "Jeff Toms".. Sans Eastwood's speed of course..

Old
10-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Leetch

Hate to disagree with you guys, but..

Slats made the right move promoting Rheaume over Moore. Promoting Moore would have only been effective if he was slotted between Rucinsky and Lundmark. Putting him on the 4th line with Simon and Barnaby wouldn't help his development much, perhaps even stall it. So I think this is right the move by the Rangers (-for a change-).

Bryan

Old
10-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
As has been discussed, if this is just the call up so that they have the extra forward, and he either plays sparingly on the 4th line or sits in favor of Keefe (which I'd prefer) then I'm glad it was him and not a prospect..
Yah, I'm not convinced Rheaume is going to play in the immedaite future either. Keefe is the one who's been practicing with the team and presumably, should be ready to slot right in where he's needed as opposed to Pascal who's played 1 AHL game since June and was only signed today. Let's see how he's used, then get upset.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch
Slats made the right move promoting Rheaume over Moore. Promoting Moore would have only been effective if he was slotted between Rucinsky and Lundmark. Putting him on the 4th line with Simon and Barnaby wouldn't help his development much, perhaps even stall it. So I think this is right the move by the Rangers (-for a change-).

Bryan
I actually agree with you, but its already being discussed on at least two other threads!

(Always felt like acting like the thread police!)

Adding to your point, Rheaume might just be called up to be an extra forward on hand, he might be in the press box while Keefe suits up now, in which case, it makes much more sense than to have Moore or Wiseman called up to be scratched..

Old
10-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian

And Rheaume did just play a big role on a stanley cup winner, I know he was passed up by all teams, but he is good for the role he'll be needed in.. I think he's more "Mike Eastwood" than "Jeff Toms".. Sans Eastwood's speed of course..
I disagree, a non-talented, veteran 4th line C who will grind and take orders in a structured system is good for a veteran team that may be going places not for a dead-in-the-water, chaotic, ruined franchise that has no hope this year and should only consider the future..

We miseed the POs last year and were horrible doing it..Sather's response? Hlavac, SImon, Rucinsky, Mironov, Bouchard and now the rotting Rheaume...It's so sad, it's hilarious...

BTW, just play Keefe....

Old
10-22-2003, 08:45 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
I agree as well. Moore is better off in Hartford unless the Rangers are going to give him lots of ice time, which they won't.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

Bryan
Well, I personally love disagreeing with anyone who thinks the Rangers need another old man. :p

Young talent is always going to have a rough start. Kids need their crash course sometime. Why did Nils Ekman demand a trade? Because he knew he'd never get a chance to play with the Rangers. Dominic Moore, Chad Wiseman, Fedor Tjutin, and soon, Hugh Jessiman are going to find this out.

Youth brings energy. If Slats had half a brain, which he doesn't, he'd keep Messier where he belongs at 4th line center and put Moore somewhere higher on the depth chart.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:52 AM
kazo

Quote:
Awesome baby! Way to bring the youth, energy, enthusiasm, and young legs that this team needs...And especially after he proved he deserved he belonged in NY after tearing up the AHL for weeks...I'm freaking stoked...A 4th liner nobody else wanted!...And hey, Sheldon Keefe, keep fetching those hot dogs and watch how real NHL players get the job done!......Even better, Messier has to be the 2nd line C and get his 18 mins a night...Hell, Sather might even match him up against the other teams top unit...ANd, yeah, time to demote the pointless lundmark and recall Paul Healey....Damn this organization is so predictably pathetic...
Unbelievable, isn't it? Pascal Freakin' Rheaume.

I'll tell you something else I've come to believe. I think the Lundmark promotion was a token move just to placate the fans while pointing to the "youth movement". Truth be known, my guess is Sather would much prefer seeing Lundmark in Hartford with a Ruchinsky-like clone skating is his place.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
But this, no matter if Rheaume plays or not, is a huge blow to our prospects in Hartford, cause it lets them know that half the Rangers must be down with injuries before they get a chance.
I seriously agree with this in one respect...Rheaumme has not done one thing in the Ranger organization to MERIT or EARN a place in NY, and things like that do not go un-noticed...Play him for a few weeks in Hartford, if it's obvious he's the best candidate over guys like Wiseman, Moore, etc.., then you do it...

I'm sorry, maybe Rheaume will just be a practice forward (but experience tells us otherwise),i'm just so sick of what the Great Dictator has let this organization become or, at best, failed to improve in his tenure here..

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
If Slats had half a brain, which he doesn't, he'd keep Messier where he belongs at 4th line center and put Moore somewhere higher on the depth chart.
See that's where evryone agrees, and would prefer.. But we know better by now, and if one of them did get the call, they'd learn more about catering in the luxury boxes than they'd learn about playing in the NHL.. Therefore it makes more sense to have Rheaume get the call, to take the seat..

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
303Joe

Read in the Post article..

if they wanted to bring up Rheaume they had to sign him and then would have to waive a player that was on their final waiver list. Meaning some one has to be exposed. Maybe Malahkov or BooBoo. Both to likely clear waivers.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
if they wanted to bring up Rheaume they had to sign him and then would have to waive a player that was on their final waiver list. Meaning some one has to be exposed. Maybe Malahkov or BooBoo. Both to likely clear waivers.
Unless perhaps if Lindros was placed on the IR? Just a thought...Although I like the thought of Maladog and Krispy Kreme on waivers better..

Old
10-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:

Bryan
Who said it had to be Moore? Wiseman is doing well in Hartford and played in the NHL last year..Why can't he be considered...ANd giving Keefe the ice time should be the first consideration...ANd it's just that Rheaumme hasn't done a single thing as a Ranger to earn a call-up yet...Ah, the merit system of Sather...

OTOH, it is probably best that all the kids stay as far away as possible from Sather and the cesspool of Ranger veterans

Old
10-22-2003, 09:03 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
I agree as well. Moore is better off in Hartford unless the Rangers are going to give him lots of ice time, which they won't.
There is there always an excuse around here as to why players can't get promoted in NY. I think that benefitting more from 20 minutes in Hartford than 10 minutes in NY is a complete fallacy. Bacially what you're saying is if you can't 18 minutes in NY, you're better off in Hartford. Couldn't disagree more.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
I think that benefitting more from 20 minutes in Hartford than 10 minutes in NY is a complete fallacy.
Pft. When has anyone under 25 gotten 10 minutes in NY?

Old
10-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Fletch

I'm agreeing with Pasha...

uh oh...If he were to actually get 8-10 minutes in the NHL, I think that's fine experience for a call-up this early in the season for a few weeks. It gives him a taste of the NHL, without the pressure. Then he goes back to Hartford, perhaps with some confidence, continues his good play, and possibly, with continued bad efforts by Rucinsky and/or Hlavac, he can be called-up for a larger role. 3-4 minutes per game is an altogether different story though.

What is disappointing is that a kid who almost had a right to be on this team out of camp may be blocked in getting his NHL debut by a journeyman who was waived. Of course, I didn't see Moore play over the weekend and perhaps he sucked coming off his injury, but as Larry says, what's up with Wiseman?

Old
10-22-2003, 09:09 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Pft. When has anyone under 25 gotten 10 minutes in NY?
That's why Pacal be da man!

Old
10-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
But this, no matter if Rheaume plays or not, is a huge blow to our prospects in Hartford, cause it lets them know that half the Rangers must be down with injuries before they get a chance.
I think we're all talking about 2 different, but related issues..

Of course I agree that say Moore or Wiseman should have received the call, and should be plugged in and receive no less than 10 mins, but preferably mo(o)re..

BUT we're dealing with the sad Ranger reality that whoever got the call, is likely to sit in the press box, or at most receive about 4 mins of time..

And Keefe is still young, so there may be a younger guy getting time over Rheaume..

As far as it being a "blow" to the prospects, I kind of think A) They already knew that and B) Tough.. And I mean tough as in they shouldn't now start moping around and not working hard to get the call.. They need to keep working on their game, let their play do the talking, and if the call doesn't come, they can go to an org that knows how to use them..

Old
10-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Edge

unless of course they just want an extra forward {because keefe is gonna be playing} in which case i'd rather moore,murray, etc. stay down there.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Edge

we're assuming that the person they recalled is the 4th line center. more then likely keefe goes into that slot and pacal is merely a emergency player who sits in the press box in which case i'd rather leave the kids down there. why disrupt hartford this early in the year just go have one of the kids sit in the press box.

keefe is most likely getting the time and pascal is there in case something happens.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:33 AM
Edge

i doubt it on this one personally. if that were the case he would'nt still be holding onto keefe.

second moore just got back from injury and asking him to grind it out on the 4th line isnt too wise.

Wiseman is playing good but i'm thinking they made this move because it doesn't "tease" a younger player, it's a vet who really doesnt make an impact on the rangers "long term" plan {whatever that may be}.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
we're assuming that the person they recalled is the 4th line center. more then likely keefe goes into that slot and pacal is merely a emergency player who sits in the press box in which case i'd rather leave the kids down there. why disrupt hartford this early in the year just go have one of the kids sit in the press box.

keefe is most likely getting the time and pascal is there in case something happens.
Of course, one would hope that is the case, but what in recent Ranger history tells us that would be how it goes?...I can see Sather saying something like "I wanted to give Shekdon a shot because he's worked hard, but against a veteran team like Detroit I thought Rheaume's expereince would be important"

And honestly, I care very little about whether Hartford is disrupted or not...If these guys are able to play in the NHL, this lost season will be the perfect chance for that....Now, that's not saying I don't mind all the youngsters playing together for the WOlfpack, not getting poisoned by the New York Circus and their ring master, and preparing for the future, because that soes provide some lite at the end of the tunnel..But, I gotta admit, I do not know if I can wait until 2005-2006 to be watching players that are interesting and exciting..

Old
10-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Edge

Quote:
Of course, one would hope that is the case, but what in recent Ranger history tells us that would be how it goes?...I can see Sather saying something like "I wanted to give Shekdon a shot because he's worked hard, but against a veteran team like Detroit I thought Rheaume's expereince would be important"

And honestly, I care very little about whether Hartford is disrupted or not...If these guys are able to play in the NHL, this lost season will be the perfect chance for that....Now, that's not saying I don't mind all the youngsters playing together for the WOlfpack, not getting poisoned by the New York Circus and their ring master, and preparing for the future, because that soes provide some lite at the end of the tunnel..But, I gotta admit, I do not know if I can wait until 2005-2006 to be watching players that are interesting and exciting..
Well i just dont think lindros is gonna be gone that long {regardless of the 2-4 weeks we are hearing}. and i'll be perfectly honest with you, i dont really have a problem with pascal as a 4th liner.

Well i think there is a fine between "can"they play in the NHL and "should" they. Right now Wiseman is the only argument i could make. I wanna make sure Moore doesnt get hurt again and i think Murray needs more time.

I mean ideally i am thinking Keefe gets the two games or so Lindros is out and Pascal gives an extra forward at practice and maybe an alternative if Keefe really bombs.

As for Moore, i would not be surprised if he starts taking some shifts on the wing in hartford esp if Hlvac keeps up his "impressive" play.

Closed Thread