HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the players losing faith in Maurice?

Old
03-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Jets 31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky10 View Post
Seriously, do we really see Mo turning this ship around? I mean even if he gets better goaltending, it's not like there is an absence of bigger systemic problems.

I like the guy, but I don't think it's his team anymore.
This is my thinking as well , everyone likes to blame Buff but there is way more bigger issues than Buff . Like why is our PP and PK soooo awful , it's got to be more system than personnel .

Jets 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 11:48 AM
gbill2004

The real question is whether Chevy recognizes these issues in PoMo's systems. Is Chevy qualified to see these problems?

gbill2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Jets 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbill2004 View Post
The real question is whether Chevy recognizes these issues in PoMo's systems. Is Chevy qualified to see these problems?
You are correct , and i don't think he is.

Jets 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 11:55 AM
gbill2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets 31 View Post
You are correct , and i don't think he is.
If that's the case, and I think it is, then we as fans are ****ed until PoMo/Chevy is gone.

gbill2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 11:58 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky10 View Post
Seriously, do we really see Mo turning this ship around? I mean even if he gets better goaltending, it's not like there is an absence of bigger systemic problems.

I like the guy, but I don't think it's his team anymore.
Sometimes you just pass the point of no return, and I think that has now happened with Maurice. Every coach has his shelf life.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle View Post
Not months ago. That's ridiculous. But yeah, I think at this point they're done
Out of curiousity, why exactly is that ridiculous?

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:01 PM
bustamente

vCash: 58
One guy who hasn't given up is Trouba, kid will go through a wall for you probably couldn't say that a few years ago something has clicked. Buff on the other hand sure seems to march to his own drummer and this team with him as the big dog will go nowhere

bustamente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

I'm on board with replacing Maurice, but the players need look in the mirror and ask themselves if Maurice is really the problem or had their effort to play the systems the problem.

I hate the line juggling when it's not due to an injury. Stick to line and cohesiveness will develop.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:03 PM
antiqueslivers

new coaches plz... I mean I would even be satisfied at this point if they at the very least got rid of flaherty and huddy.... defense and goaltending biggest problems regardless of having one of the highest paid D. How these 2 guys are still around is beyond me especially flaherty. Not one goaltender has shown any progression in their play under flaherty if anything its a steady regression. Plz Chevy let the madness end ... and if not Chevy then Chipman.

antiqueslivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Gotaf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
One guy who hasn't given up is Trouba, kid will go through a wall for you probably couldn't say that a few years ago something has clicked. Buff on the other hand sure seems to march to his own drummer and this team with him as the big dog will go nowhere
Trouba is playing for his ticket out of the Peg, IMO he will not sign here no matter what the offer is, question is will Chevy let it play out or make a move to capitalize on his value.

Last edited by Gotaf7: 03-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Gotaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:23 PM
tacogeoff

they have lost something, that is evident from the hot mess of a game last night. Laine was disengaged and doing the "im making it look like im trying my hardest to skate real fast but I really don't feel like it so I will just pretend on the back check " move which my son sometimes does when he does not want to be on the ice, like a boulder is tied to him. Ehlers looked equally bad out there as well. Buff was a crapshoot which Buff can be and left Stuart hung out to dry on some of his rushes that resulted in turnovers.

all in all, after last nights display by the players we really need to address coaching. I am a fan of PoMo but he just is not getting the most out of our players, we need someone who is more vocal and authoritarian to push the players the next couple of seasons.

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Ducky10
Playoff Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Sometimes you just pass the point of no return, and I think that has now happened with Maurice. Every coach has his shelf life.
Yep, agree. It seems to have that vibe.

Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambokala View Post
Jokinen said during his time that he has never seen players talk back to a coach like the Jets players did. Most of them are gone but the big bois, Buff and Wheeler still stay. I wonder if it's still the same.
DO you have a link for this?

Jokinen spend most of his time in Winnipeg under Noel, so is he possibly talking about him?

Jets4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:47 PM
thetracksuit

Quote:
Agreed that Maurice needs to go but I can't see any ST holders giving up their seats over a coach. All coaches are hired to be fired and Maurice will be one day as well. In the mean time you've given up your ticket into the building. I know a few guys on the wait list who love hearing this type of talk.
great, they can fork over thousands upon thousands in a year to watch a coach who doesn't have his squad ready game in and game out, and makes nothing but excuses when they lose.

if they extend him, im done handing over my hard earned dollars.

thetracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Plural

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post

Jokinen spend most of his time in Winnipeg under Noel, so is he possibly talking about him?
I think that he talked about Noel. IIRC, Jokinen complimented Maurice and said the team was behind him.

Plural is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:49 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Trouba is playing for his ticket out of the Peg, IMO he will not sign here no matter what the offer is, question is will Chevy let it paly out or make a move to capitalize on his value.
At the beginning of the season I was furious at Trouba for wanting out but now I don't even blame him. He's probably looking across the room and seeing a guy like Bryan Little who has been a consistent solid NHLer for almost 10 seasons and has played in 4 playoff games. I don't think it has to do with the city or which side he's on, I think he just wants to win. Obviously I think we should do our best to sign him and give him anything he wants but we can't give him wins with what we've got in place now.

JustGivingEr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Rambokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post

Yes, he was talking about Noel. Here's the article, but it's in Finnish; http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-7935038

"It was a different experience. It was the first time i heard the players arguing with the coach. Respect for the coach was zero. I was shocked. I was raised in an environment where the coach was always the biggest boss. Whether he was right or wrong, you respected his decisions. It was a really really big surprise how the players treated their coach, and how the coach allowed himself to be treated. After a few months i started thinking "I choose the wrong team". Last year all of it changed when Paul Maurice arrived. Maurice brought back order and everything the players needed. Now it's a completely different team, even though the roster is almost the same"

What i was thinking is that....if it happened before with Noel...why wouldn't it happen again with Maurice?

Rambokala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Monorail for Tempe

vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
At the beginning of the season I was furious at Trouba for wanting out but now I don't even blame him. He's probably looking across the room and seeing a guy like Bryan Little who has been a consistent solid NHLer for almost 10 seasons and has played in 4 playoff games. I don't think it has to do with the city or which side he's on, I think he just wants to win. Obviously I think we should do our best to sign him and give him anything he wants but we can't give him wins with what we've got in place now.
He's been a shining light in the past few games. Big time respect for the guy, when it was at an all time low to start the season.

Tom ServoMST3K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Mortimer Snerd

vCash: 484
Quote:
You must be just about the most optimistic poster here. If you have arrived at this conclusion it must be just about unanimous.

I don't know about the players but I know I haven't got any faith left in Maurice - and very little more in Chevy at the moment either.

I don't know if I want to waste any more time watching the Jets this year. It certainly isn't fun anymore.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

They resemble the team right before Noel was fired.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:20 PM
ERYX
'Pegger in Exile

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetracksuit View Post
the players run that dressing room, not maurice.

it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed, hopefully with a pink slip that has maurice's name on it.
Quote:
Jokinen said during his time that he has never seen players talk back to a coach like the Jets players did. Most of them are gone but the big bois, Buff and Wheeler still stay. I wonder if it's still the same.
If this is, indeed, the case, then these players cannot be allowed to end another coach's employment and be allowed to stay. If Maurice is fired, then major moves need to be made among the old Atlanta core. I think Wheeler should be top of the list -- in many ways he's a great player but I have not been impressed this year with a lot of things he's done or not done. I'm not so sure he's the man who should be captain.

If they fire Maurice they should clean house on the entire coaching staff and trade as many as the Atlanta vets as possible, even all of them if you can so long as the return is decent.

ERYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:27 PM
ERYX
'Pegger in Exile

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Whenever I hear trash talking about Maurice's tenure in Carolina, I often think to myself "didn't he take them to the Stanley Cup finals?" but then I go on Wikipedia and look at the entire record ... I didn't realize that he was head coach of the 'Canes for 11 years, 13 if you include his Hartford Whalers tenure. And over 13 years there were only four playoff appearances, two of which were decent runs -- the Stanley Cup finals appearance I always think of in '01 and the Conference finals in '09.

I like Maurice, but I've got to admit that this team looks like it's totally disintegrating before our eyes.

ERYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:30 PM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
What i was thinking is that....if it happened before with Noel...why wouldn't it happen again with Maurice?
It could, and I expect it has. That shiny apple we acquired had a rotten core. Team Maurice has to go for so many reasons already articulated, but so do Wheeler and Buff IMO. I don't think Chevy will make those moves, so until he is replaced, expect more of the same. Even if we aren't given a brutal schedule, even if we aren't ravaged by injuries, even with our young players being a year older and wiser... I expect more of the same. The body won't start to heal until the cancer is cut out.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2017, 01:36 PM
bustamente

vCash: 58
This season will repeat itself if the whole coaching staff is not let go, this staff must see what is wrong with this team and have not done anything to rectify the problems all they do is rearrange the deck chairs, which simply put says we have run out of ideas.

bustamente is offline   Reply With Quote