HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 Canucks scouts and 1 blackhawks scout

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
I think Canucks want Souray to replace Jovo for the rest of the season.

Old
02-08-2006, 10:27 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
There are scouts at every habs home game, I suspect they use the games as excuses to visit our well known strip clubs.
Exactly, some scouts are assigned to least say all the North East team so they come see the game and takes notes for MAYBE futur trades, but it doesn't mean anything as far as trades in the near futur.
You guys gets excited with nothing... The only thing they saw is probl y that Zednik sucks donkey balls and so do Komisarek.

Old
02-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
I think Canucks want Souray to replace Jovo for the rest of the season.
Perhaps, what's his contract status?

Old
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
Vandermeer pleaseeeee if anyone in the habs orginazation is reading

Jim Vandermeer would be a great addition to this club for many years to come

fingers corsssed X X

Maybe we can have him by trading back Peter Vandermeer....

Old
02-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Imo, blackhawks are looking at Souray and Ribs, Canucks are probably looking as to who they could package with Theo (if ever they do pull the trade) probably Zednik, Perezoghin and Bonk (I hope).
Why would the Canucks even think about trading for Theodore? Alex Auld has been playing awesome for a while now and it looks like he has finally turned the corner and become a solid, dependable #1 goalie. On CKNW last night, Dan Russell interviewed Steve Tambelini and Steve confirmed that they were very happy with Alexs' performance and that if they were going to make a trade it would be to add "depth" to their blueline. The key word in my last statement was depth so before you NHL 2006 junkies start proposing a player swap which involves 5 teams and 37 players please take into consideration that that probably means a #5-#7 d-man to use as a stop gap until Jovonovski gets back rather than a top 3 guy whose salary they would not be able to afford anyway.

Old
02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
x-bob

I think both teams are looking at Souray. Jovocop has been injured and will be injured for wuite some time now. Same for Aucoin. Plus, we know that the Hawks ar einterested in Souray (Pednault). I wouldn't like trading Souray though because I doubt we get a D back.

Old
02-08-2006, 12:44 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark
Why would the Canucks even think about trading for Theodore? Alex Auld has been playing awesome for a while now and it looks like he has finally turned the corner and become a solid, dependable #1 goalie. On CKNW last night, Dan Russell interviewed Steve Tambelini and Steve confirmed that they were very happy with Alexs' performance and that if they were going to make a trade it would be to add "depth" to their blueline. The key word in my last statement was depth so before you NHL 2006 junkies start proposing a player swap which involves 5 teams and 37 players please take into consideration that that probably means a #5-#7 d-man to use as a stop gap until Jovonovski gets back rather than a top 3 guy whose salary they would not be able to afford anyway.
I think it would go like Souray plus Zednik for Bertuzzi

Old
02-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
No reason to get all offensive, I said IF they decided to trade for Theo. If you think Auld will get you through the playoffs, good for you... Also as for #5 or #7 dman, you guys can have Dandenault

Old
02-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
No reason to get all offensive, I said IF they decided to trade for Theo. If you think Auld will get you through the playoffs, good for you... Also as for #5 or #7 dman, you guys can have Dandenault
I'm actually a habs fan living in BC who enjoys listening to Sports Talk on CKNW and I apologize if I came across as offended I was just trying to state a fact. As for McKluskys' coment on wether or not Tambelini would bash Auld on the radio, Dan Russel and the local callers love to bash the Canucks as much as habs fans like to bash the habs, I don't think that they would have let Tambelini get away with putting faith in someone that doesn't deserve that faith. Dan Russel asked direct questions as to wether they were looking to upgrade their goaltending or if they were happy with what Auld brings to the table. Tambelini responded by saying that they were very happy with the way that Auld has grown through the season and that they would have some tough choices to make when Cloutier gets back so I think that your opinion that he sucks may be a little off base. Also, Tambelini was not shy about putting down Bertuzzis play this season saying that a player with his size and skill should be dominating with the new rules and that he's not sure what the problem with him is right now but that Crawford was dealing with it. Since this is the habs board and not the canucks board I think that we should put this in perspective - it's unlikely that the canucks will trade a potentially game breaking power forward who is having a tough season for a mediocore starting goalie, with one excellant season under his belt, who is having a tough season.

Old
02-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I'm actually a habs fan living in BC who enjoys listening to Sports Talk on CKNW and I apologize if I came across as offended I was just trying to state a fact. As for McKluskys' coment on wether or not Tambelini would bash Auld on the radio, Dan Russel and the local callers love to bash the Canucks as much as habs fans like to bash the habs, I don't think that they would have let Tambelini get away with putting faith in someone that doesn't deserve that faith. Dan Russel asked direct questions as to wether they were looking to upgrade their goaltending or if they were happy with what Auld brings to the table. Tambelini responded by saying that they were very happy with the way that Auld has grown through the season and that they would have some tough choices to make when Cloutier gets back so I think that your opinion that he sucks may be a little off base. Also, Tambelini was not shy about putting down Bertuzzis play this season saying that a player with his size and skill should be dominating with the new rules and that he's not sure what the problem with him is right now but that Crawford was dealing with it. Since this is the habs board and not the canucks board I think that we should put this in perspective - it's unlikely that the canucks will trade a potentially game breaking power forward who is having a tough season for a mediocore starting goalie, with one excellant season under his belt, who is having a tough season.
Well arguably, Theodore brings his game in the playoffs (Auld..and Cloutier haven't). Some people think that that's enough reason to catch Vancouvers interest. I personally don't see a HUGE trade between both teams. I actually don't see us trading at all. Now that Auld has been performing as he had in the past seasons, I believe that they will trust him in the playoffs. The first line is really struggling though, so I'm wondering if that would be the reason they are scouting us (Kovalev?). And as you mentionned they may be looking at a defenceman, but I can't see us dealing Souray without getting a dman in return, so maybe Komisarek is up for grabs.

Old
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
You're right, I figured you were using his comments to defend the stupid proposals, managements public comments mean nothing. As for Auld, I'm not sold on him yet. He has some moments but he also leaves you worried sometimes, he's shown flashes but can still look pretty unconfident. I guess I disagree with Tambelini.
Goalie development is dicey that's for sure but I think that giving up on Auld at this stage to them would be as moronic as us giving up on Komisarek right now. What really picks my *** is that there are so many totally unrealistic trade proposals on this board that abviously haven't been thought out that I figured it was time for me to put my two cents in on one.

Old
02-08-2006, 01:51 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
Why has Komisarek been getting so much icetime with Markov lately? Three possibilities:

(1) The coaching staff hopes that playing with Markov will help him elevate his game.

(2) The coaching staff wants to see what he can do when given top pairing minutes.

(3) The scouts want to see what he can when given top pairing minutes; i.e., he's being showcased for trade negotiations.

I, for one, wouldn't mind shipping him. I think he stinks. Hopefully, the 'Nucks and 'Hawks' scouts didn't think so as well.

Could they also be showcasing Ribeiro next to our two flashiest players?

Peace out.

One and two make sense, but no way does a team make a change for the sake of another team wanting to see it.

Old
02-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
There are scouts at every habs home game, I suspect they use the games as excuses to visit our well known strip clubs.

Agreed!

Old
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
BORAT

Maybe they just want to sell us an indian and a whale ?

Old
02-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
That's not even including people actually looking at the Canucks salary cap and not realizing they have no room, I guess with Jovo and Cloutier they can have replacements making the same but not hit the cap, but still. I disagree with the big difference between Theodore and Bertuzzi, I think they are pretty identical in so many ways, they just bring it to different positions. Both have had pretty much 1 and a half really good seasons, got paid based on them, and both are to scary to deal because they might bounce back. Pick your poison essentially.
Except Bertuzzi's contract is one year shorter, which is huge in a cap world and he hasn't been downright horrible this season while Theodore has. For all the grief Bertuzzi gets, he's still on pace for 75 points this season and just under 30 goals hardly bad numbers for a guy who missed over a year and a half of hockey. The real test for Bertuzzi will be the stretch drive and post-season. If he can't elevate his game even further, then will be the time to talk about trading him, not now.

Old
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Hope it's with the Canucks because there's nobody on the Hawks roster that I really want...
The Canucks' gm is dealing from a position of strength, while the Hawks' gm might be more desperate to show the owners some improvement than Gainey is. I think we could get more out of Chicago.

Old
02-09-2006, 11:26 AM
oli500

I say we keep souray. In the last few games his overall game has gotten better and were most likely not going to get anything better. We need all the defense we can get and souray has played better.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:17 PM
HCH

If the Canucks were interested in Souray I would ask for Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa and a second round draft choice. And if the Canucks thought we were asking for too much, then I would keep Souray.

Old
02-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I say we keep souray. In the last few games his overall game has gotten better and were most likely not going to get anything better. We need all the defense we can get and souray has played better.
Souray is one of those guys that you hate when he plays bad, but love when he plays well. He is a team guy from what I can tell.

He had a tough start to the year with his personal problems, so I'm willing to give him another shot next year. He does tend to get some bumps and bruises though.

I'd be open to the idea of trading him but I wouldn't give him away or anything.

Cap

Old
02-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by briste
If the Canucks were interested in Souray I would ask for Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa and a second round draft choice. And if the Canucks thought we were asking for too much, then I would keep Souray.
LOL. A great prospect forward, a solid prospect defenseman, AND a 2nd round pick for an underperforming Souray?

Come on now, let's be realistic. We're not desperate to trade Souray, but if we do trade him, we won't be holding any other team over a barrel.

Closed Thread