HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next years Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
  #1
puckwild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Next years Carter

I know he's had a tough time this year. All the hype probably had something to do with it. How do you guys see him performing next season? Do you think the plan is for him to eventually end up with Forsberg and Gagne. That line COULD be scary. I know that was tried earlier without much success.

puckwild is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
  #2
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild
I know he's had a tough time this year. All the hype probably had something to do with it. How do you guys see him performing next season? Do you think the plan is for him to eventually end up with Forsberg and Gagne. That line COULD be scary. I know that was tried earlier without much success.
he's gotten better over the course of the season. i would expect a slightly better season next year than this... maybe 25 goal area? his linemates will be a big part of the assists he might put up... however, i think he will be a more consistent player next year and stronger to boot.

at this point i think they intend to keep him at Center, so i wouldn't expect him to be playing with Forsberg and Gagne. in his third season i think you will see the big jump in numbers... if it happens a year earlier, all the better.

Jester is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 12:31 PM
  #3
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Umberger stay on his wing. He'll need another player on his other side, one who isn't Stevenson or Brashear. Eager seemed to play good on that line.

RoDu is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
  #4
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,545
vCash: 500
Carter looks like great when he gets confidence. A guy like Ricahrds creates his own confidence. I think Carter will be one of the premire players in the league in three years but he will have to show good things to stay here that long and develope.

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 03:07 PM
  #5
Tat2dRich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Tat2dRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Carter looks like great when he gets confidence. A guy like Ricahrds creates his own confidence. I think Carter will be one of the premire players in the league in three years but he will have to show good things to stay here that long and develope.
Much like Gagne did, he has to put on some beef and get stronger. I see him as a solid 2nd line center with a long and prosperous career, but if he plays in Philly he has to strong enough to muck it up in the corners.

Tat2dRich is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 07:44 AM
  #6
CanuckistanFlyerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Carter's on pace for 20 goals. If you told me that before the season started I'd take it. Starting next year healthy, with a full camp ,some added weight and experience, he'll be fine.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
  #7
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan
Carter's on pace for 20 goals. If you told me that before the season started I'd take it. Starting next year healthy, with a full camp ,some added weight and experience, he'll be fine.
he's fine right now, people expected too much from a rookie center... especially when we knew we lacked depth at wing. Carter's no. 1 problem is that he is more of a shooter than a disher, which is fine, but that means he's going to see his best success playing with a wing that is a distributor. that's where i think Umberger could be a nice match, but that's just going to take some time to develop... Rex would look REAL good on the wing with Carter right now...

Jester is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
  #8
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Carter is getting shafted by Hitchcock this season. If his time on the ice were increased and given decent linemates, he would be right behind Crosby in terms of scoring. To me his play has not been a disappointment, just his role on the team.

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
  #9
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
he's fine right now, people expected too much from a rookie center... especially when we knew we lacked depth at wing. Carter's no. 1 problem is that he is more of a shooter than a disher, which is fine, but that means he's going to see his best success playing with a wing that is a distributor. that's where i think Umberger could be a nice match, but that's just going to take some time to develop... Rex would look REAL good on the wing with Carter right now...
Agreed. I have been asking for Rex since the beginning of the season for this purpose! I wonder why Clarke isnt listening to me

mikedifr is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 08:49 PM
  #10
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I think he'll do fine. He has 14 goals so far while averaging less than 12 minutes and playing with some pretty bad linemates. I think he could hit 30 next year especially if he starts learning how to use that wrist shot better instead of just firing it indiscrimately.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 10:39 PM
  #11
panayiotis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,254
vCash: 500
bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Carter is getting shafted by Hitchcock this season. If his time on the ice were increased and given decent linemates, he would be right behind Crosby in terms of scoring. To me his play has not been a disappointment, just his role on the team.
You are on track. I hope he does not become another willy...Ripping it up on another club..

panayiotis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.